• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Help Resolve This Dilemma with Fire Beetle.

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After I accounted for resists, skills, and regen (just MR and HPR); am left with this dilemma: option 1) 800 hp and 630 str WITH Bushido OR option 2) 940 hp and 700 str WITHOUT Bushido.

Which option would you choose and why? Thanks.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi good morning, I've run some test with the fire beetle.... and thought I would help ya out.. You can add bush , but you have to trick it on them by adding a move like N. Strike or feint... Sadly , they did a hot fix where the A.I. of the pet will no longer use bush moves if you do it this way.... but it will get the parry bonus... because fire beetle start with 500 int you can only max its stats 678str 150 dex 500 int... The only way to make the str 700 is lower the dex , and ya don't want to do that as it cheats ya out of a extra swing every 1.5 sec( ya really want it to have 150 stam and dex they give ya an extra swing every 1.5 sec).. Ive found that with fire bugs the old armor ignore, rune corruption is your higher single target spec... if you want you can even make a very nice aoe spec one if you add the Moves in this order .. Goo, armor ignore, rune... Hope this helps ,mate... feel free to ask if ya have anymore questions.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi good morning, I've run some test with the fire beetle.... and thought I would help ya out.. You can add bush , but you have to trick it on them by adding a move like N. Strike or feint... Sadly , they did a hot fix where the A.I. of the pet will no longer use bush moves if you do it this way.... but it will get the parry bonus... because fire beetle start with 500 int you can only max its stats 678str 150 dex 500 int... The only way to make the str 700 is lower the dex , and ya don't want to do that as it cheats ya out of a extra swing every 1.5 sec( ya really want it to have 150 stam and dex they give ya an extra swing every 1.5 sec).. Ive found that with fire bugs the old armor ignore, rune corruption is your higher single target spec... if you want you can even make a very nice aoe spec one if you add the Moves in his order .. Goo, armor ignore, rune... Hope this helps ,mate... feel free to ask if ya have anymore questions.. =^-^=
So even though Fire Beetle is from the Tokuno island, it can't learn Bush?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly , that is the case.. I tested it a few weeks back and even though its a tokuno monster.. its not what is consider a pure bush monster( Pet that can learnt he bush skill without tricking it with a addon move like N. strike or fient.) For awhile ya could still give non tok monster bush and they would use sam moves like lighten strike , evade, conf.. sadly about a week ago they did a fix where even if they have the bush skill if they are not pure bush monsters, they will not use bush moves... ruined my test on a Bush Cu that was going some pretty impressive numbers =>-<=

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's really crappy haha. So I could give it Feint, AI, and Rune Corruption or do you think the Goo Aoe, AI, and Rune Corruption is better?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
In my test the best combo has been Goo, ai then rune.. make sure to add them in that order.. as the move Rune Corruption has what I like to call " The sealing bug" that is if you add it first it tends to seal off all other moves( making it unable to give it other moves like armor ignore ,etc) even if its the only moves you have added. If ya want it to have bush and be alittle more tanky , yes you could add Feint, and it would gain that defensive and gain he parry bonus bush offers.. but non of the other moves sadly..
P.S. forgot to say that there is a cost to using the feint or N. strike trick... if you do that you can't teach them armor ignore.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my test the best combo has been Goo, ai then rune.. make sure to add them in that order.. as the move Rune Corruption has what I like to call " The sealing bug" that is if you add it first it tends to seal off all other moves( making it unable to give it other moves like armor ignore ,etc) even if its the only moves you have added. If ya want it to have bush and be alittle more tanky , yes you could add Feint, and it would gain that defensive and gain he parry bonus bush offers.. but non of the other moves sadly..
So you can have either Goo, AI, and Feint, or Goo, AI, and RC, right? No way to stick both RC and Feint on there?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Of course if ya want its max damage spec, Ive found that with beetles less is more... and if ya just give it armor ignore and rune it will have lil choice then to use rune and armor ignore back to back.. the rune will buff its white damage ( melee swings) to 80-105 and armor ignore to 134-160... =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi rail.. =^-^= Ive found that there is a bug with Rune that I'm calling " the sealing bug" as long as you add if last you can give it the 4 move limit.. but ya have to be careful with order ya add it.. but if ya want goo ya must add that first.. so like Goo, armor ignore ,Special move, rune..(With fient and N. strike Ive found if ya use those it will not let ya take armor ignore... so beware of that.) but I find that its best not to have the extra move.. as ya want it to use rune , goo then armor ignore as much as possible... or rune, armor ignore if ya don't go aoe spec...The rune debuff will make all its other moves hit like a truck.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Bummer. I finally got a giant beetle to 2-slot. I added rune corruption. Are you saying I'm hosed and can't add AI or goo now?

If I'm going to start over, I'd rather throw this giant beetle away before I spend any more time training it.

Sent from mTalk

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The seal bug normally makes it so it can learn only one more move after ya use it or no moves,, it varies... but the aoe always poofs.. so ya can't add goo but you maybe able to add armor ignore..

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would give them poison skill.. as well as they buffed the rate at which poison skill gains on pets the other day.( use ot take hours to get .1-.5.. now you can get into the 70-80 range in very little time.)... and its well worth having for just 1 points.. sadly until they buff it it only add lvl 2 poison as best.. but even that is enough to keep things from healing and make them use mana to cure ..( plus the skill procs off melee swings and takes no mana so pure damage increase) =^-^=

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bummer. I finally got a giant beetle to 2-slot. I added rune corruption. Are you saying I'm hosed and can't add AI or goo now?
Most likely, but there is a way to know for sure. Copy your tamer to TC, take your bug through the training gate in New Haven and see if you can add what you want. Given all the quirks, undocumented "features", expense of PSs, and time involved in training, it's asking for punishment not to go through the motions on TC to see if what you're trying to do is possible. I do it for every single pet I train. It's a case of 5 minutes saving you days and weeks.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put Goo, AI, RC and Poisoning on my fire beetle in the last round of training, means I can use it in a variety of situations.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If I'm going to start over, I'd rather throw this giant beetle away before I spend any more time training it.

Sent from mTalk

Not Help I'm Dead! Ill miss him.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not Help I'm Dead! Ill miss him.
Lol. He used to belong to my crafter/resource-gatherer. If I was pk'd and could only"oOOo," then perhaps Help Im Dead could tell them what I needed.

Sent from mTalk

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
because fire beetle start with 500 int you can only max its stats 678str 150 dex 500 int...
Aaand I believe they nerfed the fire beetle too. With Dex and Stam at 150 you can only get Str to 630 now. So it looks like the cap was dropped. Now the question is - which one of the three stats to sacrifice?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aaand I believe they nerfed the fire beetle too. With Dex and Stam at 150 you can only get Str to 630 now. So it looks like the cap was dropped. Now the question is - which one of the three stats to sacrifice?
Its because of the intel they start with, i think its like 500?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My previous Beetle had no trouble reaching 678 with the same high intel.
I dunno hat the formula is, but I know if you want 700 str max Intel is 370. ,If you max int to 700, max str is 645

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning all.. There was a bug that hit which I feared was a nerf... where members of the beetle family could ony get to 650 str.... they have fixed it as of this morning.. so fear now.. yu can now once again get 678 str on them again if ya max their dex ... on a sad note for people that have not built their beetles yet .. they increase the cost of training your pets in the poison skill from 1 point to 100 ... =* [

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno hat the formula is, but I know if you want 700 str max Intel is 370. ,If you max int to 700, max str is 645
That must be wrong at least in some cases. Here's my other beetle:
upload_2017-5-26_12-17-9.png