• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Check DirectX for Me

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to figure out what happens to DirectX 11 on Windows 7, 64bit computers, when the classic client is installed. If you have this current setup installed, please run this simple check for me. I feel this information would be beneficial to anyone experiencing problems running the classic client on Windows 7 systems. This may also show why a lot of people are not having problems. This simple check should take less that a minute of your time and will be greatly appreciated.

Click on the menu Start Button, type in the word "dxdiag" without the quotes, in the Search Programs and Files Box located at the bottom of the menu screen. Then click on the file name when it is listed at the top of the window.

When you get the dialog box, it will tell the version of the DirextX installed at the last entry in the list of information.

Next, click on each tab and see if any Problems are reported at the bottom of the screen.

Please post your DirectX version listed and any Problems noted.

Thanks, Katrena

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RawHeadRex,

Thanks for the information. When you installed the classic client, did the program tell you it needed to install DirectX? If so, did you let it install the DirectX that is packaged in the classic client download.

Thanks, Katrena

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RawHeadRex,

Thanks for the information. When you installed the classic client, did the program tell you it needed to install DirectX? If so, did you let it install the DirectX that is packaged in the classic client download.

Thanks, Katrena
it did not ask for dx install. only the firewall prompt popped up asking me to allow the program to run.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The classic client, as far as I know, is not dependent on directX. The EC, however, may very well be.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The classic client, as far as I know, is not dependent on directX. The EC, however, may very well be.
the 1999 uo box opens like a one page book, completely forgot about that.
taken directly from the bottom of the uo 2nd age box.

requirements\graphic : 100% Windows 95 (not 97% ?)or Windows 98 compatible; 2MB pci video card, 16bit, DirectX supported.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is from the Knowledge Base:

As of the Mondain's Legacy expansion, the minimum system requirements for the Classic Client are as follows.

Operating System:
Windows XP
Windows 98
CPU:400 MHz Intel Pentium II
RAM: 128 MB
CD/DVD-Rom Speed: 4x
Hard Drive Space: 1.5 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved character profiles, Windows swap-file, and DirectX 9.
Video: 8 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible driver
Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Internet Connection: 56.6 Kbps or better

For the Enhanced Client, it states that DirextX 9.0c and latest video drivers.

It appears that with the CC, drivers only need to be compatible with DirectX 9, which DirectX 11 would be, and with the EC, DirextX 9.0c is required.

Katrena