• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please add the decimal mark in the trade window for both parties

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno... You know how the Devs are with inconsistencies.... They don't seem to have much of a problem with some of them.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
cc has same issue. I kind of had to laugh when this wasn't done to begin with, why do only one side? it didn't make any sense to me lol
I think it will be done.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The technology just isn't there yet.

The problem is that's an input box, and I would guess they didn't have masked/filtered input boxes in the ui framework that changes display as you type in them. It's not hard, but it's not trivial either and don't they have better things they could spend 8 hours on :p

My solution would be to put the input textboxes on the bottom of the ui (that STILL do not show decimals) but have each split window show the display value with decimals for each side and update as you type in the gold amount...

While we're on the subject of ui and numbers... wht they hell does the new bulk bod system need to display 6 decimal precision for the points???

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While we're on the subject of ui and numbers... wht they hell does the new bulk bod system need to display 6 decimal precision for the points???
Because the banked point numbers used to be so small as to require a microscope to see them. It's only marginally better now.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Because the banked point numbers used to be so small as to require a microscope to see them. It's only marginally better now.
I just assumed they would try to keep some consistency and just say "fraction of a point" like the cleanup system uses :p Who needs consistency- this is UO!!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes fix this .. i hate having double count/double check the zeros

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was my guess that in the BOD value system it shows 10 digits and so if the number is small like 15 it has to add digits in for the display 15.xxxxxxx

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made 2 trades last week. One time I did not add the proper amount of zeros and the other time I took out a zero right before the trade went down because I thought I had to many. This does indeed seem like a simple fix and should be addressed