• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plea to Chessy soon to be public rune library fell

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was building a mega rune library for Chessy and was close to being finished. I was trying to get the A-Z monster books done prior to opening. I spent countless hours marking rune books from all the different shards libraries. I spent quite a bit on transfer tokens to bring them here. Due to financial difficulties with my children's health, I had to close it down. I went to reopen it today and found that it had dropped.

I am begging anyone who recovered rune books and other items to return them so I can restart it. I am begging begging begging. I had hundreds (over 800) of books including updated dungeon books. It was located in Zento near the moon gate. I am absolutely sick and heartbroken over this. Please return them so I can start over.

ICQ 126630075

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The top floor was completely decorated along with part of the 2nd floor. Main items lost was a Davey Jones locker and pirate rug for the treasure map and fishing sections. There was a tree stump and ore cart for the mining and lumber jacking sections. I had a secret box for the lock picking section. There were other deeds and decorations tucked away including statues but off hand I don't remember. I think there may have been a soul stone in there as well.

I understand it is a lot to ask for but this was being put in for the shard. My wife and I spent months marking books on different shards. I couldn't even count the hours and deaths put in marking the different books. :(

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I wasn't at the IDOC, but I've been working on a similar project, as time permits, for a while now. If you find any books you can't replace, let me know and I'll help mark out the replacements. Next time I have a chance, I'll copy out my hidden places and rooftops set for you as well. It started as a project way back in Eliza's library, and was lost when that fell - but I found a backup copy on Cats, and recently brought it back to Chessie with me. :)

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm on Siege, Sonoma and Atlantic. I sent you an icq asking how I might help. My icq is 328-561-158 if you want to add me to contact list.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I want to thank everyone for their offers. It means a lot to me and it is what makes UO such a great game! Unfortunately it seems that the books were not picked up but some players are going to help me get new ones made. Sometime in the hopefully near future, I hope to finally have our grand opening!

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear about the IDOC Lestat. Phoenix and I have a rune book copy pen to donate and will get with you about some other stuff we can do.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I apologize for being away and missing the initial messages. I'm so relieved that so much help has been forthcoming and all will be well!