• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Vendor Fees

• Thread starter KnowYourEnemy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

KnowYourEnemy

I notice there are players who stock their vendors up with items that sell for over 200mil. How are they able to pay the daily vendor fees? It is one thing if the items sell but they never move. I'm pretty sure of that because they are uniquely crafted weapons and monster spawned jewelry not artifacts or resources. I've seen the same weapons and jewelry on one vendor for months now.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen the same thing and also wondered how they pull this off.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I remember, these guys would have to log on daily, and remove items from vendor, then restock.

Not much of a game when you have to do that daily, is it? But, to each his own....we do have pixel junkies out there, where UO is more than a game, it's a way of life.:coco:

later

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen the same thing and also wondered how they pull this off.
I believe they time the vendors, and remove items at that time, and place them back - before the charge. They should deplete gold every 30 minutes - That would be a fix.

R

RenaLynne

There are also a few(very few) players that are so filthy rich that crazy vendor fees are of no consequence. Check out Victorias Secret's mall in Luna on LS if you ever get a chance. Stuff is double, sometimes triple normal price, nothing ever sells, to my best knowledge, its not restocked very often either.

K

KnowYourEnemy

I believe they time the vendors, and remove items at that time, and place them back - before the charge. They should deplete gold every 30 minutes - That would be a fix.

is this illegal? if not, how long is the timer? I just bought a house in trammel and would like to place some vendors. never could do so with a house in felucca.

P

Pawl

Try, just try putting alot of very high price items on a vendor, and alot of items... then your'll see.

tried it, never cost a dime, over loaded i guess the stupid ai mind and he coun't figure out how much he should get paided... also use UO vendor to have everything priced and set, then upload to vendor blows there mind!!

http://uo.stratics.com/uovendor/index.shtml