• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Run Event/Storyline)The Missing Mage

• Thread starter katherinepgoh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

katherinepgoh

[Continued from The Mysterious List]
The Moonglow Herald

Article by Ida Foundem

Early this morning the guards were summoned to Moonglow’s Finest Alchemy in response to one of the alchemist’s apprentices raising the alarm of robbery. The shop had been ransacked, with most easily carried valuables stolen from the now ruined shop’s locked strongbox, and there were signs of damage to the building.

We caught up with one of the apprentices, who gladly talked to us about what he was questioned about by the Town Guard.

“Well, Master Lavintus wasn’t ever a really open man, or a nice fellow even. Kept to himself, kind of eccentric. He was a great alchemist though, that’s for sure. But lately, in the past week or so, he’d gotten really odd. Y’know, acting suspicious, like he was up to something. Then he sent out that advertisement with the nonsense, and we were worried he’d lost his marbles, gone off his rocker, y’know? We were going to talk to him about it, but every time we tried he got this worried look like he was hiding something. Then on Tuesday, this lass comes in, and they get to talking, and he shushes her, making them talk quiet. I overheard him say something about gold, and her saying something about doubts. He handed her something in exchange for some kinda box…I don’t know what to tell you. All I know is it seemed shady. And now he ain’t here for work, and everything worth something is gone. There ain’t much left to puzzle out, y’kno’?”

The guards have released an issuance of statement that one Master Lavintus of Moonglow and a lady whom came and saw him on Tuesday, described as wearing a white dress and a wizards hat, are wanted for questioning. Witnesses report that her name seemed to be ‘Century’. Anyone with information should submit it to the Town Guard either as a written statement or in person. A strange note with items and locations was found in Lavintus’ ledger, a transcript is affixed below.

Toxic Venom Sac
Parasitic Plant
Nightshade
Deadly Poison Potion
Greater Cure Potion
Slith Tongue
Silver Serpent Venom
Seared Fire Ant Goo
Muculent
Nox Crystal
Tribal Berry
Oil Flask
Empty Venom Vial
Congealed Slug Acid
Orange Petal
Garlic

Kinship Tavern
Winterfell
Kent’s Last Pint
Jolly Roger Inn
Galehaven Tavern
Knight’s Rest Inn
Benedict’s Lab

[OOC: To speak with the guards regarding the investigation, facts of the case, or ways you can help, please either PM me or ICQ me! New Puzzle and New Quest within 1-3 days!]

L

LyraDarkstar

Lyra knew immediately who the girl was when she heard the description.

"Damn that child! I knew she was up to something. All those promises about reform and best efforts. Bah!"

"Well I cannot protect her from this... she will have to turn herself over to the authorities. I will take her to Moonglow upon the morning"

K

katherinepgoh

[OOC: Apologies, but i've come down with a bad case of strep throat, and am unable to continue the story at this point; Postponed till later in the week. My apologies again.]

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[OOC: Apologies, but i've come down with a bad case of strep throat, and am unable to continue the story at this point; Postponed till later in the week. My apologies again.]
I couldn't participate in the first leg due to the flu...so I can only wish you a a speedy recovery and look forward to your return and resuming this wonderful event.

K

katherinepgoh

The Moonglow Town Guard is requesting all concerned citizens who are able to please assist us as we follow a trail left behind by the vanished Lavintus, Sunday December Sixth. We will be following the trail from Moonglows Finest Alchemy to whereever it shall lead us. Stand ready to assist in whatever ways necessary, at approximately 7 o'clock by the eastern night sky. Thank you.

K

katherinepgoh

http://i45.***********/2meetyt.jpg
Antonius had luckily gotten the help of several concerned citizens, most among them seemed to be members of the Guardians of Honor, but there were some present without their colors. They'd followed a long and confusing trail that took them from Moonglow, to Papua, to Serpent's hold, and finally to the Yewish Prison area. They'd been ambushed a few times, first by water elementals, and later by orcs and undead. The only clues they'd found were a few smashed potion bottles, and some magery and necro reagents, and a letter upon a monstrous lich that had beset upon them. The lich was the color of pitchest black, as if he was a creature of the void.

Antonius had written the report six times, and thrown it away several others. He wondered if he should report the incident to the Royal Guard, but with how pressed they'd been lately, and after Robert's disappearance, he felt it wiser not to. He looked over the strange letter they'd found clutched in the evil liches hands once more.

You may also need extra money to barter and deal. If presented with valuables, accept any jewelry. If problems are brought on for this, you're accountable for terms. And write your nephew; his talents are growing, rarely will he disappoint. Write Back!

After questioning the woman named Centuri, he'd been told that Lavintus was gathering the things for an unnamed, unknown person. He wasn't sure if the woman was telling the truth, but she seemed too scared to be lying. The only real question was whether Lavintus had told her the truth, or if he had made it up to provide a false trail. He'd also found out Lavintus had no nephews. So what did the letter mean? Was Lavintus even who he said he was? How long had this ruse been going on? Were there other parties involved? There were even more questions to be answered now than before. At least before this had seemed like a robbery with a few odd notes...now it seemed to be some sort of conspiracy. Antonius just hoped they'd find out what was going on before it got worse...

[OOC: Thank you all for coming who did, including IF, Rotep, Cadia, Nora Fletcher, Casandra Ervalt, Lyra Darkstar, Darian, and Vimnock. The Letter as you may have figured out may have a hidden meaning...A reward to the first person to figure it out!]

C

Centuri T

Centrui read the latest reports on this incident.

*mumbles* "I wasn't afraid"

As she read the letter over and over again looking for clues she became more and more convinced that the letter itself was in some kind of code.

"Kalai is going to be mad at me for using up more scrolls trying to figure this out.."

She pulled out some blank scrolls and a quill and went to work on dechipering the letter.

K

katherinepgoh

*bump* [OOC: The Letter is another puzzle, for those who are interested in trying to solve such things. Time to complete; a week and a half]

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to sticky this until Gildar can get it on the Stratics main page.

K

katherinepgoh

He'd checked the note several times, but after sleeping over it he finally thought he'd found something. It seemed that some of the words were written first, with other words filled in between. The only problem was he couldn't figure out which words were written first, and which filled in later. But he was sure it had to mean something...

[OOC: This is your hint for solving this puzzle; If it doesnt help anyone to solve it, then the story will progress but not in the same fashion.]

K

katherinepgoh

Antonius was roused from his bed by one of the junior guards and handed the note. He read it sleepily, but upon finishing it he was awake.

To Antonius of Moonglow,

I figured out the letter we found upon the black lich's corpse! I had copied it, and I started folding it into all sorts of shapes and different folds, and I saw a pattern. It was in a code that every third word meant something. A little bit of wording had to be changed to make sense with grammar, but the message is clear.
You need to deal with any problems on your own terms. Your talents rarely disappoint.
-Rotep, Emissary of the Purple Guardians of Honor

It didn't give him a lot to work with, and Antonius was sure that was the point. Even if decoded, it shouldn't be dangerous to the person it was sent to or the sender. But it gave Antonius a very important clue.

Whoever the note was to, whether Lavintus or someone else, They were working for someone else, so it meant he was searching for more than one person. Which meant this was big enough that now there may be a reason to involve the Royal Guard. He requested a cup of hot tea from the junior guard, and got dressed to head to his office. He needed to make sure he hadn't missed anything up to now...

[OOC: Congratulations to Rotep! The Next Event won't be until after Christmas, but the next puzzle may come out sooner, so stay tuned!]