• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Housing

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like player housing may be added after all sometime in Guild Wars 2 future. Now player housing wont be in at launch. There is no time table when they may put player housing in

Players have been asking for housing and even though GW2 will have a players home instance, ArenaNet Developers must be paying attention to the Guild Wars 2 Player Nation. It's refreshing that the developers do listen to the players and do interact with us all.

Home instances as we know, are a characters neighborhood about a city block size area. The home instance will reflect what you the players does in the game. If you save a NPC then he will be in your home instance afterward and such. That is just a tiny example of what home instances are like.

This statement over at guildwars2gurur.com from ArenaNet Developer Martin Kerstein.

Originally Posted by Martin Kerstein
It is helpful to take Eric's full statement into account.

He mentioned that there will be no Guild Halls on release as we want to make Guild Halls a great experience and not just a "place". We will introduce player housing at some point after launch, and at that time we will also implement guild halls.
For players that really wanted a house this is possibly good news. Just when ArenaNet will and how they will is still undetermined.

We would liketo thank GW2G for having this information on their site so we can keep up with details for the players and fans over here at Guild Wars 2 Stratics.

B

Bella

THIS is AWESOME!! Such good news for me and so many others!! Player housing will add another dimention of play for those who choose to enjoy it. I cannot wait to hear more about this! Is there anything the devs of GW2 haven't thought of??? I dare to think not!

Bella