• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player art (any form)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow! I'm impressed! Keep sharing and thanks for starting this.
I'll post my latest painting later on. I have to go earn some money.:eek:

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Love it Dust Priest! I have been working on a pencil drawing in real life, once I get it finished Ill ask if I can post it here :) Mine is of my character Kattasrophe holding a baby dragon

Last edited:

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you paint pottery as well?
How odd you should ask that. For 15 years I was, amongst other things, the Marketing Director for one of the US' pottery manufacturers. Lots of hand work but production techniques were used as well.

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You inspired me try to draw something hehe:

That's pretty cool Tangar, I like how you presented the whole process of the drawing, along with the art in itself. Nice work.

How odd you should ask that. For 15 years I was, amongst other things, the Marketing Director for one of the US' pottery manufacturers. Lots of hand work but production techniques were used as well.
Ah, well Amber Witch after you posted about what materials you used to create that piece of art I read a bit about the Japanese pearlescent, I believe a type of watercolor (only read briefly), and noticing how thick the paint seems. That 2 ply Bristol looks like it has reflection, almost like tile. I may have recognized a similar paint type on other tile, and the consistency of pottery in itself would just seem to go hand in hand. Good learnins' indeed, keep on truckin' ;)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You inspired me try to draw something hehe:
Good!
Now you're all inspiring each other to go finish up the next one.
Good stuff.

I love your video and watching you work. If I did one of how I work you would all use it as a sleep aid.

The reflection was the glass in the picture frame.

Last edited:

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
View attachment 22136 hopefully this thread isnt just for UO related art, did this for my next tattoo
Any style of art about anything is good with me, as long as it doesn't violate Stratics terms. Nice work man, I like the feather detail. What is it a wing from?

View attachment 22137 and this is my first attempt with chalk art i did the other night on my sons chalkboard, i got bored and gave up on the leaves
Good job with the chalk as well, many thanks for contributing.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My art comes in the form of writing hence the name, however I don't think I will be sneeking any off my pages for you all to read "not yet" anyways. Though I love everyone's work.
Joke's on you.

You just wrote art at us.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey folks, just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone felt like posting some of their creativeness here on stratics. Did this on paint earlier today, and yesterday:

View attachment 22094 View attachment 22095

Mock up I made for a android Roguelike that my friend and I spent like a steady year working (plus meddling in concept/design over several other previous years) on before he moved on to other projects.
It was at one point an actual working game, albiet with only some of the systems implemented. You could make characters, and big geologically correct world of random maps was generated that you could wander around in, and your could do some basic fighting, loot/equip gear. It looks much better with lighting effects, but I foolishly never took a screenshot, assuming it would eventually be done/more polished.
Other than that its just like 1000 pieces of individual art collecting dust on my HD. :(
I wanted to put them up for anyone to use so it wouldn't be a complete waste of tons and tons of my time and energy, but stupidly we chose a weird tile size (30x30 rather than the standard multiple of 16) so no one could even use them unless I went through and altered them all, and it's just not worth it.

Nother mock up from another earlier project that never got past the design stage. So it was just me noodling with the art basically.

Silly monster I drew when I first got my drawing tablet.

Last edited:

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to put them up for anyone to use so it wouldn't be a complete waste of tons and tons of my time and energy, but stupidly we chose a weird tile size (30x30 rather than the standard multiple of 16) so no one could even use them unless I went through and altered them all, and it's just not worth it.
Surely there's an automated way of adding a blank row of pixels to each side of an image. Might not be ideal for every image but should make the majority of them useful to somebody.

I could probably write something to do it if you care enough to ask.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely there's an automated way of adding a blank row of pixels to each side of an image. Might not be ideal for every image but should make the majority of them useful to somebody.

I could probably write something to do it if you care enough to ask.
Yeah, I was actually considering doing that (a friend of mine made same offer) but none of the floor tiles would be usable, so I would at very least I would have to edit those, which I started to do, but the process was just depressing.
The though of something I put so much effort into making look right (as right as I could anyway) getting sort of mangled bums me out.
The whole situation was/is very depressing.

The Writer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Joke's on you.

You just wrote art at us.
*whispers softly* "Shh don't tell everyone, they' might all start asking questions." Looking away from his computer towards his massive stack of composition books all filled with the words he had been writing for nearly a decade now. "They are not ready to see it yet" he complained before heading back to his work.

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Interesting, however I was sure Trolls could regenerate?

Yeah, I was actually considering doing that (a friend of mine made same offer) but none of the floor tiles would be usable, so I would at very least I would have to edit those, which I started to do, but the process was just depressing.
The though of something I put so much effort into making look right (as right as I could anyway) getting sort of mangled bums me out.
The whole situation was/is very depressing.
Cool contributions Uvtha, don't let being mangled tangle you up man. Just keep at it, and you'll find you niche if you truly want too

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last few days I've been totally absorbed with work and haven't had any time to do anything but look at this awesome thread. You all really empress me.

@Kattasrophe You never cease to amaze me. This is how I envision you. :heart:

@Troll The T Hunter I really like it. Photoshop?

amber what kind of paint did you use for that painting? i want to use it!
Here is a link for the product on Amazon. The cakes are rather small so you might want to order a couple.

Yasutomo Paints

Your attention to detail is beautiful. I'd love to see the tatoo when you get it done. On your back? *smiles*

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm... Wouldn't it be interesting to do a collaborative piece?
Can anyone figure out a way to do this considering all the different media being used?
I envision something like... oh I dunno.. One person doing a bit of art and they post it. Someone else states they'll take it to the next step and add to it, then post it. Someone else states they'll add to it. etc etc.

It would take a lot of time I imagine. I know I'm slow at what I do but it could still be interesting.

When it's done ( if it ever gets done) then The Writer could write something based on the final piece.

Have I opened up a can of worms? lol

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sounds like something my daughter did with miniatures for a while. It was a fishermans room. One person build the basic room, walls floors, roof. Then they sent it onto another person. That person added something to the room, sent it on. I dont remember how many it went to before it was finished. It turned out really nice.