• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Play WoW on Your Cell Phone

E

Eldorian

There has been a lot of talk lately about a mobile version of World of Warcraft, but few people know that you can actually play World of Warcraft right now on your cell phone.
Enter a service called Vollee which describes itself as "PC games on your 3G mobile". Vollee streams PC game content to your mobile phone, which means it's service doesn't actually install the game onto your phone. Right now the only supported game is Second Life, but according to CEO Martin Dunsby, World of Warcraft is most definitely in the works.
"Clearly there's huge demand from Warcraft players, and we'd love to
satisfy that demand. We believe mobile is an essential part of any
virtual world experience," says Dunsby. "In the real world, people want
to be able to take their email and chat mobile, and the exact same
thing is true for virtual worlds."
I have personally never understood the demand of playing your favorite MMOs on a cell phone device - I don't even know how you'd be able to effectively play a game such as World of Warcraft on your cell phone (I'm guessing rading will definitely be out of the question). But I can see wanting to log in and check your auctions or something like that with it.
If you want to try it out it is in open beta right now and it's free. You can sign up here.

More...

T

Tak

That is awesome, now students can play WOW more often, not only 20 hours a day..