• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Plate armor

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I first started playing UO people loved plate mail because it looked cool. Then we all realized it was a huge stamina drain when out running monsters.

It seems like characters have gone back no to plate mail to guard their stamina drain from harder hitting monsters.....was there a change in game mechanics or is this just the newest fad?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Platemail offers more stamina protection if thats what you mean?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Platemail offers more stamina protection if thats what you mean?
That is precisely what I am referring to...forgive me if I used the wrong terminology.....but I will repeat the question, is this the result of a change in mechanics or a new flavour of the week?

10 years ago plate was avoided because it sucked your stamina dry and left you walking slowly. now it is used to protect your stamina....what changed?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is exactly what I was hoping to see.....thank you. Sometimes when you drift away from stratics or UO you lost important updates

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great link Nusair I posted some questions I had....thanks for sharing