• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plants or dyes

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
whixh will end up being better? Doesn't have to make the most money but be better for the shard as a whole....
Selling plants for people who decorate or selling dues for whatever people do with that.
I am up for whatever... I am growing 105 plants at a time right now so it's a lot of work but I love doing it... Might go to 200 plants at a time of the demand/need is there.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Some plant dyes are more in demand than others, I don't know how many, who will buy colored plants.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just started growing my first plant, so I'm very interested in seeing the responses to this thread. If you don't mind a bit of a hijacking, I'd like to ask; are you using the raised beds or just bowls?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'd like to ask; are you using the raised beds or just bowls?
Have you seen the size of his house, I will guess bowls :p

When this first came out, I tried to sell crafted baskets, that was no success. Now I make picnic baskets for the suit I sell as a little bonus to the buyers.

Normal colors of plant dye sell for around 5k, rare colors and Ice/Dark/Black/White colors sell for around 30k

It's farster to get black and White colors from the naturist quest than from cross polling.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am growing them in plant bowls... Garden beds wouldn't fit in my house very well. I hope to get some down time to play more soon... Working to many hours and trying to get ready to buy a house soon

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sell plants at my greenhouse and only one vendor failed to make enough gold to pay her wages. I imagine the plants are being bought for both deco & dye making.

Gathering the peculiar seeds might be good to do. With Ant Lions you get ore as a bonus. :)

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I sell plants at my greenhouse and only one vendor failed to make enough gold to pay her wages. I imagine the plants are being bought for both deco & dye making.

Gathering the peculiar seeds might be good to do. With Ant Lions you get ore as a bonus. :)
Yeah I have been doing that... What do you charge for your plants? I know that most of them probably aren't needed/wanted and I will make dyes with those but the others should sell.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whixh will end up being better? Doesn't have to make the most money but be better for the shard as a whole....
Selling plants for people who decorate or selling dues for whatever people do with that.
I am up for whatever... I am growing 105 plants at a time right now so it's a lot of work but I love doing it... Might go to 200 plants at a time of the demand/need is there.
I would wager dyes. Especially Black, White, and other rarer colors. Granted it was like... 3 years ago, but I had a plant vendor at 1k a pop and they sold very very slowly. I personally think the only plants worth growing are plain ones as the painted ones look horrible, and really require having a specific scheme in mind, so they would be less likely to sell than plain.

I'd recommend one vendor stocked with all the plain plants, another with colored dyes. Best to diversify. :p