• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plant room pics?

O

O'berry

Anyone have shots of the room they grow their plants in?

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a serious gardener. I am only growing the new plants to get hedges. Nothing fancy:

*removed pic*
I changed the way I set up my plants. I'll post another pic later.

C

Calla Lily

This is the first floor of my nursery, the second floor looks pretty much the same. The pic was taken after I rearranged all the plants into a workable layout. When they first bloom, it's a mess in there *lol*

This is the top floor.

O

O'berry

Thanks all for the pics. That is a large plant room !!! nice .I may have to move this to the top of my house when they all bush out lol

T

Teeshy

I don't grow plants locked down anymore since I discovered the "use once" feature in UO assist, but I do love seeing how people "make sense" of all those plant pots all over the place!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, lovely house. I love the area where you grow the plants, it looks wonderful.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a dumb question (since i should know this) - where/how do you get the special colored new plant seeds? are they from the solan quest? white/black/fire i mean. and btw Ni - your house looks amazing!!!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Petra! I had not heard of the 5th/secret nest, but I just checked out uoguide and got all the info i needed :)
*scampers off to go quest*

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant get the black and white seeds from the naturalist quest can you? Only the blaze right?

T

Teeshy

nope, can get black and white of the new plants only from the 5th nest quest =) (and fire of the new cactus)

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.....awesome house design! I have to ask. How did you do the character statue on the pillar? That looks great!! Is the pillar rubble or did you use goza to get up to the level and with your decorator char and drop a goza on the top of the pillar to place the status?

N

Ni-

Ok.....awesome house design! I have to ask. How did you do the character statue on the pillar? That looks great!! Is the pillar rubble or did you use goza to get up to the level and with your decorator char and drop a goza on the top of the pillar to place the status?
The pillar is from the house design option, in the special/arch section for one of the white marble tile sets. While in the house design, I placed one floor tile on the level above the pillar. So all I had to do is target that square with the placement prompt for the statue. That should work for just about any targeted placement item. I was able to place it from the ground floor, I believe. No goza manipulation needed.

D

Devilicious

Ok I got a question about the plants. Are there any new ones out? Because my fighter was out hunting and got alot of seeds from different monsters and well I just id them all and outof 57 I got one seed that says Bamboo. Is this new? I just plantd it to see what comes up. Thanks for the help.

N

Ni-

Ok I got a question about the plants. Are there any new ones out? Because my fighter was out hunting and got alot of seeds from different monsters and well I just id them all and outof 57 I got one seed that says Bamboo. Is this new? I just plantd it to see what comes up. Thanks for the help.
If you don't know about the Bamboo, then yes there is a new set of plants. About 17 of them. The Bamboo, among others, is viewable in the pic of my plant room/house(above the water through to the left of the white plants). More information on the new plants can be obtained via the gardeners forum(UO Botany & Nutrition).

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't know about the Bamboo, then yes there is a new set of plants. About 17 of them. The Bamboo, among others, is viewable in the pic of my plant room/house(above the water through to the left of the white plants). More information on the new plants can be obtained via the gardeners forum(UO Botany & Nutrition).
There isn't bamboo though, I think you're thinking of sugar cane.

F

Flora Green

Bamboo is just a label bug. Sarsmi's right, it's sugar canes. :(

D

Devilicious

Damn...It was a sugar cane. Why do they get our hopes up on this. *kicks the plant* :p

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a picture, but I have a small room off the side of my house lined with ornate chests and those large plain containers (the name has escaped me, but they look like gardening benches) on two sides. Grown plants are locked down above the containers to mark what's in them and for deco. I backpack garden because of my odd login schedule, so once they're grown and have produced max resources/seeds I simply transfer the plants from my pack into the appropriate container, to hibernate till I need them. I'm in the (slow) process of growing or cataloging every seed I have, since most of them were IDOC pickups and poorly organized/labeled.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a backpack gardener too, one of the main reasons why while I *want* to get aquariums back up I just know I'm going to end up with a really bad dead fish smell on the top of my vendor house. :p