• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Planning Phoenix Festival

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's time for the second annual Phoenix Festival and we're asking for any persons/guilds interested in hosting an event to contact either myself or Lady Damia of TMC :)

date for the festival - August 20th

events planned so far:

idoc house hosted by TMC
net toss hosted by FSB

Hopefully sometime this week a meeting will be held to coordinate events, so if you're thinking about it, sing out!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I'd love to see is some guilds step forward and host an event. We could use some people to run mage poker, or archery or vorpal bunny hunting just to name a few ideas.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would like to call meeting for tomorrow nite, at the Skara Brae community center, for all interested parties

does 8:30pm est work for everyone?

EM Helios

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We too would like to honor Lady Pheonix by hosting an event during the festival. I will be there for the meeting tonight.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you to everyone that attended tonite's meeting, we got a lot done and have already mostly filled the afternoon of Aug 20th with events :)

I will make a separate posting detailing the events but here's the short version of what we have so far:

(please note all times are eastern)

2pm Seeding Magencia
3pm Bunny Bash
4pm Phoenix Phrenzy
5pm Idoc house
6pm Mage Poker
7pm Net Toss
8pm Paintball
9pm Jhelom Pit Fights and Free-for-all

last year's festival was a whole lotta fun and this year's looks to be even better! mark your calendar and plan to spend at least part of your day with us :)

there is still room if you would like to host an event, just leave a post here or contact myself or Damia ingame

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going to be a day full of fun as we remember Lady Phoenix and the fun she brought to our shard.

It's also a chance for all of Legends to come, and be together. To meet the people you only see on general chat or the stratics boards. To make new friends, rekindle old friendships, and just enjoy eachothers company.

So mark your calendars, tell your friends and guild mates,this is going to be an event you do NOT want to miss. :)

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the best way to get info on the specific events? I was not at last years festival and am unfamiliar with most of these events. I did get a little info on some of these events at the meeting but didn't want to hold things up by having each event explained in detail. I'll poke around on the forums to see if I can find anything but any info on what to expect on these events will help. Thanks Everyone -McNuge

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
McNuge...
You the one that works spawns with me? *grins*
PM me the ones you have ?? about and I'll fill ya in.

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, thats one of the other McNuges, but I have just about completed my sampire template so hopefully we will all partake in some spawns together soon. Bunny Bash, Phoenix Phrenzy, Net Toss, and Paintball are the ones Im pretty much clueless about.
The free for all and seeding seem pretty straight forward and I know what an Idoc is but I'm just not sure how it plays out in the event. All the McNuges are planning on attending the festives. Thanks for your help!! -McNuge

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, okay. I just posted this, but no idea where it went LOL.
Bunny bash, a bunch of people plant green thorns in a field at the same time. And then kill the wabbit =). If you havent seen a vorpal, they are quite fast!
The net toss, we toss ancient and fabled nets off the end of Buc's Den pier. The crowd determines how many we toss at a time...the spawn can be quite huge sometimes.
Paintball was an invention of Fluffy's. He built an arena, and you use explosion pots. Divide up into two teams, and the team with someone left standing wins! Show up nekkid, there is no magic items, no jewelry, no healing or armor of any kind.
The IDOC, a house is loaded with items, and at the appointed time it falls. (is dropped) Some of the prizes are quite good too!
Mage poker, whoever is running it, will call the hand you need. Using summon creature you will have to match whatever was asked for...such as 2 horses and a slime, or a serpent and a dog and a monkey...whatever is called out. First one to get the right combo wins.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the Phoenix Phrenzy is something EM Miko suggested ;) he will be letting loose some *ahem* buffed up phoenix for us all to poke and generally annoy

tonite will be another organizational meeting, 8:30pm at the Skara Community Center! if you've agreed to host an event please plan on attending and there is still time to get more events into the schedule, so if you're interested come on out and see us!

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hope the shards come back up in time they going down at 7 pm eastern going be down for a couple hours

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, just found that out, Mr C :(

no telling how long they'll be down, maybe we should move this to tomorrow nite? whatcha all think?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah,, well they said a few hours. So depends on how confident in the team you are ;)

And as always, I STILL do not understand the concept of doing this stuff on Friday evening, cause if there is a problem, you lost the weekend's playtime.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say might be better just set it for tomorrow i have no faith in them to have it back up on time they postpone 2 other times so you know something not going go right .

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
amazing...... try to log in at 9:03, and holy cow, looky!! servers are all there! yippee!

log in and immediately get "find a safe place, servers going down in two minutes"

wasted a whole day :cursing: I'm a tiny bit ticked

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heheh
Par for the course tho, it's da way we do tings around heah!

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hung out until few mins after 9 in Skara incase someone showed up let them know it was move to tonight .

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ran in there just as you logged, Mr C :)

how about 8pm tonite? can everyone make it then?

and remember, Legends, there is still time to join in hosting an event! if something you enjoy doing is not on that list, think about running it! :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
much turmoil about accounting and paperwork in the lands tonite, but even with all that, limited access and reverts we managed to get in a small meeting :)

we have an addition to our schedule, also! at 1pm there will be cowtipping in Jhelom!

I'll be posting full details tomorrow, hopefully, with all the information about where to be and why and who..... in the meantime, take a deep breath, exhale slowly and tell yourself "change is good"