• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Planning for EALand - are you?

G

I've been thinking about what I'm going to do in EALand and checking out my sims in the regular cities.

So far whenever a new city has been opened, I've been there on the first day and loved every minute of the chaos that is a new city opening. Planning for the opening of DC was almost as much fun as arriving there, with people getting together to pool resources and work together to open various lots, make neighbourhoods etc.

But with the opening of EALand fast approaching, I find myself at a complete loss. As we have no idea what cities are like to be merged first, I don't know whether its worth preparing things in BF, if say BF is one of the last cities to be merged.

On my third account I have one sim in BF, the rest of my slots are taken up with TC3 sims. I've started to delete them to make space but am currently stuck with the 7 day deletion rule - its going to take me 6 weeks to get rid of all those sims. I know many people have the same problem.

I can get a sim ready to move to EALand without property - the so called "bullet train", but I guess that means I'll be arriving there the day after it opens?? At this stage, I definitely don't want to delete an existing sim to be able to land there on the first day.

I'd like to be planning for EALand but I really don't know where to start. I haven't been to the pub in a while, hopefully next week I'll be able to get there and ask a few questions but in the meantime ...

Do we know how much money we're likely to start with? Will there be community lots available to land at? Will we get a new slot for EALand that isn't dependant on how many sims we already have and where they are?

Have you made plans for EALand yet? Are you planning on being there first day? Do you have a sim ready to move there? Any ideas what you intend to do when you get there?

Polly

G

Personally, I plan on keeping my sims exactly where they are, and moving into EA Land as each city I have a sim in, is merged.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I have already deleted a sim to play in TC3 so that has left me an open slot to create a sim in EA-Land. I see no point in deleting all my sims in TC3 just to create a new sim in an old city so that it can be merged when I can create a new sim on opening day in EA-Land. No telling how long it will take to merge each city and with my luck all the cities I live in will end up being the last to be merged.

I would hope they give everyone a 4th slot to create a new sim in EA-Land the first day for those that do not want to sacrifice one of their 3 slots just as they did for TC3. Some of the best fun has always been entering a new frontier and working together for mere survival to settle the new territory. My pioneer sim will be just that. A pioneer paving the way for my family of sims to arrive later.

Last I heard at the pub is that we will have 4 slots in EA-Land. 1 to create, 3 to merge. Or in my case, 2 to create and 2 to merge. I'm not sure if the 4th slot was a final decision or something they were still just considering. It would be nice to know.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a sim in BF and a sim in AV and then my third slot I made a sim in TC3. Am I going to need to delete my sim in TC3 so I can have another sim in EALand?

G

I remember at the pub it was mentioned that cities will merge going from smallest population to biggest

M

Meggers

I deleted my sims in my lowest populated city to join TC3. Unless they give us an empty slot, I will not be doing that again. And if they don't give us a slot, then I will be cancelling my 4 accounts.

G

Err.. they made <u>6</u> empty spots...

You just have to click Test Center 3 whenever you log in.

G

Is it already known what happens with visitor hours and stuff? Will there be top100 lists for ALL of EA land or will there still be separate lists for each mini town?

I

imported_Mavric

I'm just going to set back and let EA Land get all merged, then I'll decide what to do with it.

Mavric

M

Meggers

Err.. they made 6 empty spots...

You just have to click Test Center 3 whenever you log in.
-----------------------------------

That is TC3. We had to delete a sim to go there. We are talking about EALand.

G

From what I understand we get 3 old city slots, 6 TC3 slots, 1 EA Land slot and 4 BV sims (last to merge). Im pretty sure thats what was said in the pub.

I cant make more production city sims on my 2nd acct. If we dont get an EA Land slot I dont know what I'll do...except yell at Lee.

The devs tell me they have been building community houses for us to land at when the city opens. The $500 bonus will be received weekly, so I guess we will be landing with the clothes on our backs.

G

ooh I have my 2 sims waiting, I don't' even remember what city they are in its been so long since I've patched to the old game. I would like to remodel my lots before the merge and the wipe of the simoleans but I doubt I'll get the chance to do that, my 3rd slot merged with TC and I have the lamest roof ever b/c I did not build before the merge (thanks Patrick &lt;3).

I have the 2nd account I opened up for tc3 waiting for the opening of EA land... That way I can still play premerge!

G

I'm going to wait and see what else (other games) they plan on adding to EAL. The doll house game that is currently being worked on doesn't interest me at all. Having blind faith in EA just isn't cutting it for me anymore either.

E

EricaSKID

I have a Sim in Dragon's Cove that I might sacrifice that Sim slot (if I can) for EALand. I also have Sims in AV, CC, EJ, and MF. I hope we get an EALand sim slot so I don't have to move any of these unless I want to.

G

I was told we were going to get to keep all our sims even bv (thas the plan) no need to delete any and well even be getting a new one for ea land itself (this was by a dev) I had the same questions as Polly

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I have all my sims in place and ready to go.

I have some that will stay with their houses and inventory. They will go when everything is merged.

I have a couple that have age/locks that if there is a bullet train, will go with that.

Then there are the 'vacant' slots left when I created in TC3. Those will be recreates in EAland the day it opens.

(My BV sims will just be hanging out as usual. I am rather excited contemplating if BV sims and a limited amount of 'free-will' is coming to EAland sooner or later. Free-will is a blast and can really make the game a lot more interesting.)

That's my plan and I'm stickin' with it for now.

G

I'd feel a lot better about EA Land if I thought that the problems we had when TC merged wouldn't still exist. But considering much of that has not been fixed, I highly doubt it.

I'd feel a lot better about EA Land if my "endurance maze" wouldn't be dead on arrival. But considering they have yet to give back the use of money objects, even at lesser pay, I doubt that will be the case.

I'd feel a lot better about EA Land if I knew I'd have my $500 to live on when I arrived instead of the $0 my TC sim landed in TC3 with. But considering they are hoping we'll jump in and start buying money from them, I don't see this happening.

Also, I do not understand the reasoning behind them taking one city at a time to merge and it possibly taking months to accomplish. Just get it done already. I don't like that it will open for only those with a slot to use. I only have 2 production city sims, and the only way I could have a slot empty at this point would be to retire all my TC sims, not happening. Some who gave in and retired a sim to play in TC3 early on, those who also had TC sims, now only have one production city sim, no extra slots without killing off all the ones in the test city. I think they need to be fixing the slot issue before opening the doors. I wish they would fix a lot of things, before opening the doors...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd feel a lot better about EA Land if I thought that the problems we had when TC merged wouldn't still exist. But considering much of that has not been fixed, I highly doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]
see below.

<blockquote><hr>

Also, I do not understand the reasoning behind them taking one city at a time to merge and it possibly taking months to accomplish. Just get it done already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda answered one of your own gripes. I'm sure they are trying to iron out the wrinkles of the TEST Center merge to TEST center 3.

To EA: Please do it right, not fast.

Thanks,
Jackiee.'

G

Well that's just it, I have no faith in them bothering to get it right.

If they aren't going to bother getting it right, they should merge them all at same time.

It would be nice if they have it "right" before they merge any into EA Land. Once they get it "right" why not merge them all at same time rather than spread it out for months.

Either way, they've done their test city merge, it was a screwed up mess, and I feel it should have had a roll back and fixed but that didn't happen. So now what?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well that's just it, I have no faith in them bothering to get it right.

If they aren't going to bother getting it right, they should merge them all at same time.

It would be nice if they have it "right" before they merge any into EA Land. Once they get it "right" why not merge them all at same time rather than spread it out for months.

Either way, they've done their test city merge, it was a screwed up mess, and I feel it should have had a roll back and fixed but that didn't happen. So now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Merging them one by one is the right way, this way with each city's problems with the merge (and there will be problems it's impossible to avoid) they will be able to work on a solution that will help them with the next move. Instead of one mass freak out attack of everyones missing sim bodies and lots and whatnot.

I don't think the move from TC was that terrible, aside form a few missing bodies it seemed pretty smooth... Now they can spend time working on the after effects (lag and such) of a city merge.

I'm also unsure of what you are basing your opinion of the way this merge will be done, the past game or the past 6 months (new game)? Because in my opinion I think we came a long way in the past 6 months.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think the move from TC was that terrible, aside form a few missing bodies it seemed pretty smooth... Now they can spend time working on the after effects (lag and such) of a city merge.

I'm also unsure of what you are basing your opinion of the way this merge will be done, the past game or the past 6 months (new game)? Because in my opinion I think we came a long way in the past 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor old Iron Chef is still suffering his 'dual' personality problem.

Guess I'll have to start stalking the devs with him again so they don't forget about him. lol

G

There was more to it than missing body parts. At least that they fixed. We also lost the names on crafted objects. We lost our neighborhoods. Our lots turned from sand to grass. Even the one island in TC became grass with no water. Now that part they did fix, thank fully. But we also lost all of our comments, they went to retrieving, and still are that way, so we can't even rewrite them.

These are things that matter to some of us. Maybe none of those presented a problem for you, but it did, and still does for me.

I also think they need to come up with a better way when people are looking for open lots. At this point, unless they actually zoom out to the big map, they have no clue there are houses in other areas than TC3. Not many bother looking at the top 100 list, so even if we make it on the list, our homes are seldom visited. I think the best way to fix this would be to make that far zoom map the default when entering the game, and when leaving a lot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There was more to it than missing body parts. At least that they fixed. We also lost the names on crafted objects. We lost our neighborhoods. Our lots turned from sand to grass. Even the one island in TC became grass with no water. Now that part they did fix, thank fully. But we also lost all of our comments, they went to retrieving, and still are that way, so we can't even rewrite them.

These are things that matter to some of us. Maybe none of those presented a problem for you, but it did, and still does for me.

I also think they need to come up with a better way when people are looking for open lots. At this point, unless they actually zoom out to the big map, they have no clue there are houses in other areas than TC3. Not many bother looking at the top 100 list, so even if we make it on the list, our homes are seldom visited. I think the best way to fix this would be to make that far zoom map the default when entering the game, and when leaving a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I got to keep my sim. And my lot...
I'm sure the rest will be worked on, and there are some sacrifices a Tester has to make when they agree to test.
Hopefully the production city sims will be able to keep their names on their crafted objects.

I noticed the actual town of TC is rather abandoned. I have a feeling that is going to be the case when all the cities merge, which will be really good for the people who hate the big cities.

G

Last I heard: 8 EA Land slots consisting of 1 new slot, 3 TSO and 4 BV. There should not be a slot issue. There was no misunderstanding in what I heard. 8 was specifically stated and no scenarios. TC3 slots will have nothing to do with EA Land slots. Kind of like BV is seperate. There should be no slot issue. TSO will be gone.

I feel like a kid that has spent weeks on the road.

G

I don't think the move from TC was that terrible

Neither do I. Also, let not people forget that they merged Test City first. "TC" at one time meant a city for testing. I imagine that the first production city to be merged will be a dead city like DC, FF, or EJ. By the time the important cities like AV and BF are merged, things will be going smoothly.

G

You want a rollback? I am sure the devs could keep rolling TC back. Til they get it right. Or they can start merging with low populated cities (while they tweak). hmmm wonder which would be better.

Is your lot still just grass? I have test lots in the new city in TC3. The city they merged before TC3(does this city have a name?). All my lots were plain grass. Since the snow came I noticed the water. Since it melted now I see sand. If your lot in TC is not fixed yet. I am sure it will be soon.

I think the default when we go to TC3 should be the super zoom. So we can see the merged cities. I hear that is how it will be in EA Land. Any plans on this for TC3?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think the move from TC was that terrible

Neither do I. Also, let not people forget that they merged Test City first. "TC" at one time meant a city for testing. I imagine that the first production city to be merged will be a dead city like DC, FF, or EJ. By the time the important cities like AV and BF are merged, things will be going smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh Gamer i was thinking that they would merge the big cities first to make the masses happy... but I actually thing your logic is perfect. The smaller cities will help iron out the bugs in the situation.

Also thanks Simone for clearing up the slot question

G

I agree, until further notice.

Edited to add:
Yea Jackiee, the devs have said the merge will start with a low populated city. There is a rumor flying around that AV will be first. That is false. Unless I missed some new information. If anyone has any new info, plz share.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You want a rollback? I am sure the devs could keep rolling TC back. Til they get it right. Or they can start merging with low populated cities (while they tweak). hmmm wonder which would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should have done a roll back when they first merged TC and realized what all was lost. I had heard that they were saying everything was taken into account and we'd not lose anything.. so where are the names on our objects, where are our comments? Where are the neighborhoods that still don't show up in the city, not that I really care, I like the map empty myself, but some do care. I know it is a test city. I took the risk and kept things in TC that I now wish I had moved out, because they lost the names of dear friends long gone. I am hoping that issue is fixed way before they start merging any of the other cities. But I am not counting on it, because they simply don't seem to care.

I do think, to spread out the merging of the cities is going to hurt the game in the long run. That is why I say they should do them all at same time, or at least close together, not spread out for months. The sooner we are all playing on the same "map" the better chance this game has of surviving.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last I heard: 8 EA Land slots consisting of 1 new slot, 3 TSO and 4 BV. There should not be a slot issue. There was no misunderstanding in what I heard. 8 was specifically stated and no scenarios. TC3 slots will have nothing to do with EA Land slots. Kind of like BV is seperate. There should be no slot issue. TSO will be gone.

I feel like a kid that has spent weeks on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will we actually have those slots when EA Land opens? At this point we do not have the ability to create a sim without killing off all the test city ones because they slide into the slots for production cities.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree, until further notice.

Edited to add:
Yea Jackiee, the devs have said the merge will start with a low populated city. There is a rumor flying around that AV will be first. That is false. Unless I missed some new information. If anyone has any new info, plz share.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Simone, no rumor I heard just my silly speculation.

thank you

G

I think they do care. I edited my above post and added to it. Probably before you replied. I am curious about your TC3 lot.
I am sorry you lost the names on your crafts. Chances are if you moved the items you would have lost them anyway. Looks like that is a possiblility for all of us.
I can't wait til we are all merged either.

G

Production cities are under old code. This should not be an issue in EA Land.

G

The lots in old TC were fixed, I know the island was sand with water before it snowed. I am not sure about the lots in that new area though. I know they also were only showing grass, no water, no matter what they were too.

E

EricaSKID

I agree with this also. I have 3 accounts. Out of all the Sims I have, I only have Sims in the following production cities after creating in TC3:

First account: 1 Sim in AV. 1 family in Betaville. I sacrificed two production city Sims on this account to get Sims in TC3.

Second account: 1 Sim in Alphaville and Dragon's Cove each. 1 family in Betaville. I sacrificed a third production city Sim on this account to get a Sim in TC3.

Third account: 1 Sim in CC, EJ and Mount Fuji each. 1 family in Betaville.

All of the other 18 Sims are in TC3 (3 accounts with 6 Sims on each account).

I wonder if I will get those slots back without having to delete some TC3 Sims especially since I am now trying out building a house on my own (I've always had designing and building help before).

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TSO Login is old, archaic and has not received any updates. There are only 3 slots for TSO.

Some people show 3 TSO sims when they login to TSO. Some people show 2 TSO sims and one TC3 sim. Some people even loggin to tso and only see 3 TC3 sims.

TC3 login is a completely separate version of the game in which you have access to 6 sim slots.

I expect when EA-Land opens it will be a completely separate version of the game in which you will have acess to 4 sim slots.

Opening day of EA-Land, you click your lil EA-Land login and find your empty slots there. Keep in mind when you create sims in EA-land that you may have sims from TSO that will eventually merge to EA-land.

When TC merged with TC3, players that already had 6 sim slots in TC3 full, the merging sim replaced and overwrote the youngest sim already in TC3. I expect this will happen with each merge to EA-Land as well.

At some point, when they decide what to do about Betaville, I expect we will all be given more sim slots to accommodate the merge of BV sims to EA-land. If you do not have any BV sims, you will probably be given more empty slots to fill. Up to 4 more empty slots may be issued because some of us currently have 4 sims in Betaville.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Production cities are under old code. This should not be an issue in EA Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will not EAland be under the new code as well?

I thought they would have to convert the productions cities to the new code and then merge them the way they did TC?

G

You are correct as usual Gracie. From what I last heard, TC3 and EALand will be on separate....?? I can't think of the word. All I know is it was explained like this, you will have 1 icon for TC3 and 1 icon for EALand. This way, there will be no patching back and forth.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Each client will log on to a separate server. muhahahah. I think Simone is learning to speaking geek too!

I

imported_Shirl1211

I'm just going to wait it all out. I have 3 accounts and play in TC3 most of the time but hopefully the other sims are packed and ready. It's hard to really change anything not knowing for sure how its all going to work, but i'm ready and looking forward to the merge. Change can be good and I was the biggest skeptic in the beginning. Hope we all have fun!!!

G

Thank you!! Client was the word I could not find for the life of me.

G

We've been talking about EALand opening in the pub today .....

Parizad said they've been building community lots so we'll have somewhere to land and hang out and get started.

Land will be discounted at first - starting at $300 (unless you go for premium property which would of course be higher).

All sounds very exciting, I can't wait ...

Polly