• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Placing castle?

• Thread starter Auvrea Corele
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Auvrea Corele

Ok Im sure somewhere in here there is an answer for this, but for the life of me I cant find it. I have a place where there was a castle, but I cant seem to get it to place. Its a pretty tight spot. I was wondering where on the castle the cursor is when placing (the sw corner? one side or other of the stairs?) Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance whoever takes the time to help

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the spot for blocking items. If there is a pot of stew on the ground it will block it. Do a 7x7 spot check to find the area that might be blocking.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good advice on checking for blocked but you might wanna make sure your bank is empty of money when you do the 7x7 testing because there have been reports of not getting the warning gump to place lately. And people have been getting shafted with the house timers.

T

Teeshy

I'm pretty sure the cursor is centre of the stairs =) Not 100% sure, but pretty sure!

Also, if you're playing in 2D client, make sure your game window is in the top left corner of the "black space" cos that can throw housing placement out as well =)

A

Auvrea Corele

yep did that well used alittle bigger footprint, but did do that to check if I could find the spot that was troubling me. The back NE corner is pretty close to shore and the front SW corner is pretty close to woods. So I think its just a matter of getting my cursor in the right spot, unfortunately on my little monitor I cant see much of anything when I'm placing. I was hoping I could find out where the castle would be in conjunction with my cursor and walk out the spaces to place. Since I cant really see anything. As I place the cursor is at the west corner of the stairs is that correct? Ive been tryin the corner of the castle and that doesnt seem to work.

A

Auvrea Corele

Ok that might be my problem! Ill move the game window and try that when I get home. Thanks everybody for the quick replies!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you still havent got your castle in go to the test center. go to the spot were your castle needs to go in, and place there if the spot is clear of housing.
run around it in it log out do not shout the client down. log onto the character that your placing the castle with, and use the bleed over from the test center to show you were you need the castle corner needs to be place a bag at that corner. shut the client down. to get rid of the bleed threw, and place your castle.
now if the bleed threw doesnt come threw the first time showing you were the bag needs to be keep doing it til it does. and if the spot already as housing go to the other facet and see if that area is clear.

T

The Home Guild

castles are 31x31 footprint make sure you count both ways,