• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Placing a House - OH MY GOD!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear friends!

I placed and customized 100 + houses in this game and I always come back to one issue: House Placement is a mess. Sometimes I feel it´s nothing but random, if you can place the way you want - or not.

An example: There is a lovely little island that Looks like a horseshoe in Tokuno. Two houses can be build around a little bay. You all know the spot, southwest of the map. The former building on that spot looked this way:

First try I placed a 8x9. Then I looked at other shards and found that people placed up 9 x 10 in the middle of the Island. I resized but couldnt get higher than 8x10. How did they do that?

Then I resized again and i wasnt able to even re-build the 8x10 - now the tool only allowed me to place an 8x8.

And even worse: You get this annoying "You have attempted too many times"-message, which should NEVER appear when resizing because it is ridiculous.

So, in a nutshell: I am a bit experienced, but you guys are far more experienced than me. HELP ME! Is there ANY tick or tool you use to measure the maximum space and to finally use that space? Is EC better or CC for placing? I use EC for castles because of the zoom option. But is there anything one can to do make it more convenient and reliable???

I tried 3 times now: Placed, Resized, Waited, Placed, Resized, Waited...

And by the way: What is the maximum size on that Island? Any experiences?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes after a patch certain areas in the game change, and no longer allow house placement. I'm not sure what causes it but the ground underneath the house physically changes for no apparent reason, like a new rock shows up that can't be placed over. Since the house is already placed it isn't a big deal, but if the house is dropped it then cannot be replaced in the same spot due to the new rock that showed up out of nowhere.

It's possible a patch changed that island and added a rock, hill, twig etc. that is preventing your house placement.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems it was a CC / EC-issue. I tried about 20 times, no chance in CC. In EC: One click and I got it as 9x10... Strange.

Now, however, system tells me, I cannot transfer the house because a herald is standing there. The herald is a leftover from an IDOC, he is not even standing within the house. He was there before the placement. Now I got a 9x10 but I cannot transfer it.

Boy, this software needs some update, really! What can I do to get rid of this herald? Call a GM?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea. Thanks. They die that several times for me but never tried to remove a herald ;-)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems it was a CC / EC-issue. I tried about 20 times, no chance in CC. In EC: One click and I got it as 9x10... Strange.

Now, however, system tells me, I cannot transfer the house because a herald is standing there. The herald is a leftover from an IDOC, he is not even standing within the house. He was there before the placement. Now I got a 9x10 but I cannot transfer it.

Boy, this software needs some update, really! What can I do to get rid of this herald? Call a GM?

In CC it is very important to make sure your actual game play window is in the top left corner. Housing gets very glitch if you put it any where else on the UO screen.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In CC it is very important to make sure your actual game play window is in the top left corner. Housing gets very glitch if you put it any where else on the UO screen.
It's actually the same way in either client....

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've come to realize house placement in the CC is near impossible. I only use the EC to place houses and check hues, then bounce back to the CC for my normal game play.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Really? I placed both of my castles in the classic client...and my keeps...never had a problem with it.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've only had issues over the past two years. prior to that, all was well. after some patch, placing _any_ building in the CC is near impossible for me.

gives me a reason to log into the mind-numbing EC. yeah, it still gives me headaches.