• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Places\strategy to steal on Prod?

• Thread starter YellowStarS2k
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YellowStarS2k

So far the only place I've been stealing from is Fel Yew gate. I've snagged 2 decent rings, a decent leather arms piece, and a decent weapon.
People don't tend to stay still or have everything insured (around 10-15 items insured). Plus passive reveal is a B*TCH, so I try to just snoop people that are standing still.

Brit Bank is dead, other banks are usually more dead.

Haven't really tried dungeons, as I've just been naked thieving.

Not sure how successful persuasion stealing is, although the TOTMs seem to make it look easy :p

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has to be the best thread I've seen posted here.
Knowing places to steal on Prod shards is a good thing to discuss.

Yew gate is, naturally, where most people go. But finding fresh faces to steal from there isn't easy sometimes.

Other than there, check out Heartwood! Heartwood scripters are awesome to steal from! They never insure their rewards :D
You may need some detect hidden, though. Sometimes the scripters have hiding. BUT, since they are scripting, just place a box or something over the exit gate so they can't leave. That's when you can snoop them and see if they got anything good.

Y

YellowStarS2k

One example is: I am recruiting for my guild. Person with an uninsured item of desire is the target. Person joins guild and is free to be stolen from.

Scamming is Pre UO:R telling someone you'll sell a house for x amount of gold, request the gold first, and don't transfer the house.

The first involves no specific promise or contract. The second involves a verbal contract between two people, where one person does not fulfill their side of the contract.

S

SwordBlaze

I'm gonna agree with rico here. LoL persuasion stealing is just a fancy way to say it. Now, I am not saying this isn't a good way to get stuff lol.

H

Hulk Hogan

I switched over to siege and am working my up my thief there because I got tired of this very problem. However, try going to spawns, 120 PS's and SoT's are always nice, I always went to despise because there is always someone there. Other than yew gate and heartwood, I have no idea where else to go. Unless you wanna spend a lot of time roaming towns hoping to get lucky.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna agree with rico here. LoL persuasion stealing is just a fancy way to say it. Now, I am not saying this isn't a good way to get stuff lol.
It just seems like a cheap way to steal items. No risk what so ever. If you notice some of the stories of these types of steals, you will note that most of them take place within steps the thief's home. To me, it's the equivalent of house PvP fighting...la

Y

YellowStarS2k

No chance of getting any more valuable knowledge from this thread. While we can continue to debate the issue or point of view, I'm just going to quit posting in this thread and leave with this quote.
No matter what i steal, the person is going to hate me anyway, so why's it matter how i go about stealing it?

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eh- opinions are like... well, everyone knows the rest of it.
I have seen this to be a touchy subject in the past, with no resolution. Like politics, religion, or the best pizza around, it just goes in circles.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
scamming is something that we are to refrain from accusing each other of.
Please, let's keep the thread on line. Thank you.

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eh- opinions are like... well, everyone knows the rest of it.
I have seen this to be a touchy subject in the past, with no resolution. Like politics, religion, or the best pizza around, it just goes in circles.
Everyone knows the best pizza is Horsham Pizza, near where I lived!

R

Robthemilt

Nah man, you want pizza come to Buffalo. Since i've been up here all the pizza has been good. But they cut everything into squares, which is kinda ********.
If you really want to find people on prodos it takes patience. Just go sit at a bank and wait it out. Someone will have to use the bank eventually.