• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Pitmuck is grieving, Britannia is that much poorer a place

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I have just received confirmation that the news is indeed true, though extremely sad to hear. Ozog passed away in his sleep last night, presumably just after the event on Chesapeake, when he told us all goodnight and logged out to go to bed.

Ozog and I shared a shard for nearly the past 20 years, but only really got to know each other well in the past four years or so. I'm not one who knew him long enough to write his memorial. There will be an official obituary and memorial posted elsewhere. For now, this post is just to let everyone know that there will be a vigil in his memory at his house in Pitmuck on Chesapeake tonight at 9 pm EST. The coords are Trammel 2036x2164, though I'm sure there will also be many gates available from Luna.

Brian

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
He was a bear of a man, reminded me of Shreck, he was larger in life than he was in UO. I doubt there wasn't a person who met him in game that didn't get some ice cream or get their leg peed on. I send my happy thoughts, warmest wishes, and heartfelt prayers to all his friend and family. Hope he is having a good lauf where ever this prankster goblin may be.

Last edited:

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
I loved seeing his humor and never seeing him break character . He will never be replaced a truly great individual with always a kind word to say. I will miss him seeing him around. I hope is family is ok if there is a place to send flowers please let me know

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately I didn't get to know him until a couple months ago and I really enjoyed talking with him since that time. And I LOVED reading his posts. Sometimes they would have me laughing out loud. I know he loved events and I'm glad he got to attend one final event. I will be praying for all of his friends and family in this time of loss and I'm confident he is in a better place now.

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I will say this of my friend Oz, whenever I returned to UO from a long hiatus, he was always there to welcome me back ..... and pee on me. He was / is a class act and someone you could always count on. His roleplaying was / is second to none (don't ask me who this none guy is). My thoughts are with his family and friends. He is the OZ !!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, I have to say I am both shocked and saddened by this news. Ozog was always there to call us all out on our sh*t and pee on us whenever was necessary. I for one will miss him greatly. He was a great collector, role player, and player in general. He made enough of an impact on me to change how I played Chessy as I am sure he did for all of us. Rest in peace my friend, we will share ice cream together, wherever it is hot, in Valhalla, heaven, or whatever you believe. You always brought a smile to my face and gave enjoyment to all of us.

Farewell

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello Everyone...Here is the link for anyone who might want to sign the guestbook...also I want to thank everyone for their thought and prayers...I and Mike's children are in awe at how many people knew and loved their Dad...people have heard him talk about for almost 20 years...even his grandchildren know of you and their papa's other realm where he spent his days and nights..Ozog loved you all.

Michael D. Cynar's Obituary on Detroit Free Press
Here's an update regarding Ozog from another forum, thanks @Phoenix_DWxC and let's get some people sign that guestbook! :)