• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Pitmuck is grieving, Britannia is that much poorer a place

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It took me all night wrestling with this... such sad news and my heart goes out to his family and friends. It's very rare that the platitude "you will be missed" rings so true. To steal a quote about a favorite literary character of mine - "Most of us walk through the light or shadow, but there are the chosen few who walk this world carrying their own light to brighten both day and night." Ozog, you were such a one.

Godspeed!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew him as Hudson from years ago on Catskills. We were always planning on taking a road trip down to the carolina's back then. Things never worked out but each summer for a few years we would make the plans.

I always thought that it would have been a blast to have done that road trip with him.

RIP Hudson, your Brothers and Sisters from OS will miss you!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Now that we have had just a little time to grieve some for him, I think I can say this without getting flamed... hopefully anyway..

Ozog our friend, I hope you got a chance to *pees on da grim reaper* as he came to take such a treasure.

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
"if you can't eat it play wif it pees on it an walk away"

Best sig file/direcion that was happily noticed on Stratics and amazing how the people he came into contact with were all the better.
I was the one who made that for him.. and he asked for that... always made everyone chuckle.. Last i talked to him we talked about meeting again at the next UO party in VA.. Now I am just really sad.
RIP Ozog.. I'll miss you

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't know Ozog in game, but I enjoyed his posts here on stratics. It's funny how we spend all this time playing a game, pretending to be someone else, but in the end we show our true selves more than we do in rl. In UO we're stripped of the bounds of color, gender, religion, and appearance, and our real personalities guide the way people see us. Ozog was an original, and a great person. RIP

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm late upon hearing the news, a friend called me this morning and told me what happened. I thought she was talking about a rp sceme Ozog was doing and had it explained to me. I remember first meeting him when the Governor system came and the ATL Governor's busted their ***'s off and made a few headlines. Here is this little goblin showing up in Vesper wishing to meet everyone and just be involved and have fun. In turn we made characters on Chessy to see what all of his adventures he has going on and meet his guild and saw his town. Through those years (now) we always stayed in contact on icq and in game trying to show up to each other's shard.
Sunday night, on a fluke I logged into Chessy to watch the Em event. I am glad I was on a SunWolf character as Ozog saw me and gave me an ice cream cone. I am glad I gotten to see him one last time.

This game brings in all kinds of people, good and bad. It just lost one of the few shinning stars, that was didn't carry an ego but was more about others and having fun. I regret that he came over to Atl to see us more than I have to Chessy to see his world lately, and sorry we get to finish out your story you wanted to do.

Rest in Peace my friend, Ice Cream Cones for all.

SunWolf
AARP!

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just saw this. It's painful.
Rare is the person who can bring such lightness and laughter to so many people.
I can think of no better way to honor this man than by trying harder to incorporate that into my interactions in game.

Thank you Ozog for all that you have done.

*goes off to 'finner paint' the Brit Bank walls in memory of Ozog*

Lady Kittie

Meer Ambassador
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just heard the news myself.. I wish I would have been there.

I met Ozog not too long ago at the Chessy Rares Fest. I RP a Meer and I had met him when I was shape shifted into a cat. He seemed shocked and we role played for quite a while. I met him in the following days and had some good giggles when we chatted. Especially when he talked about ice cream! lol.

I know I didn't know him long, but he was such a nice, friendly and fun person to hang around with and chat. It was truly an honor to have known him, even if it was for a short while. He definitely brought a smile to my face each time we met.

I'm sorry Ozog, you shall be missed..

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good grief.

To be honest, at first I disliked his posting style ... he reminded me of Jar Jar binks and I often called him JJ which he took in excellent humour. I did grow to appreciate what he brought to these boards though, although never knew him in game.

Terrible news indeed.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Good grief.

To be honest, at first I disliked his posting style ... he reminded me of Jar Jar binks and I often called him JJ which he took in excellent humour. I did grow to appreciate what he brought to these boards though, although never knew him in game.

Terrible news indeed.
I seem to recall scolding you about that once... hope I wasn't too harsh.

For me, Ozog was a delightful bundle of friendship, fun, and love, laughter and light. I will forever miss him.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello Everyone...Here is the link for anyone who might want to sign the guestbook...also I want to thank everyone for their thought and prayers...I and Mike's children are in awe at how many people knew and loved their Dad...people have heard him talk about for almost 20 years...even his grandchildren know of you and their papa's other realm where he spent his days and nights..Ozog loved you all.

Michael D. Cynar's Obituary on Detroit Free Press
Here's an update regarding Ozog from another forum, thanks @Phoenix_DWxC and let's get some people sign that guestbook! :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ozog! I know you must be surrounded by angels and in a special place because you exuded such a beautiful aura.... Every time I saw you in game.. Or received an icq.... You never had anything but positive energy.. I know your family must miss you beyond anything and I pray for them to be comforted. I thank you for making the UO world and our Real world a better place for you being in it... Rest in peace my dear friend.. I treasure the memories we shared here in game.......... I know we shall meet again... of course .. you will have an ice cream cone in hand.. waiting........... *smiles with a tear in her eye* RIP my dear friend....

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

This baby goblin will forever be hosted on my imgur account.
Made this for him... finally... last month when he requested one so long ago.
Best displayed on a dark background for that special touch afforded all goblins.

Sleep well, good prince of the goblins.​