• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Pitmuck is grieving, Britannia is that much poorer a place

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I have just received confirmation that the news is indeed true, though extremely sad to hear. Ozog passed away in his sleep last night, presumably just after the event on Chesapeake, when he told us all goodnight and logged out to go to bed.

Ozog and I shared a shard for nearly the past 20 years, but only really got to know each other well in the past four years or so. I'm not one who knew him long enough to write his memorial. There will be an official obituary and memorial posted elsewhere. For now, this post is just to let everyone know that there will be a vigil in his memory at his house in Pitmuck on Chesapeake tonight at 9 pm EST. The coords are Trammel 2036x2164, though I'm sure there will also be many gates available from Luna.

Brian

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow , I am sorry to hear this , he was in my very first guild PGOH on catskills till he moved chessy but always a friend I will miss him and perhaps like we did for another someone could get some info and we could all send flowers for his family or a memory lamp from his uo friends... let me know who to donate to if this is done. RIP Mike

Last edited:

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This is terribly sad news. I always looked forward to his posts here on Stratics, and got a chuckle from them many times.

Although said already, it is no less true: He will be sorely missed, and our hearts go out to his family and friends.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh wow. This is terrible =( I'm so very sorry to hear this. I loved seeing his posts here. They always brought humor, even in sad times. Rest in peace Ozog :(.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ozog was a fun guy and an asset to every UO community in which he participated. I am glad for the time I got to know and play with him, and I will miss him. Chesapeake will not be the same without him.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, who am I going to yell at for being a disgusting little creature now? Nobody else can take a good ribbing on Chesapeake.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
His presence here on Stratics was truly unique. Certainly one of my favorite posters and was always good for a chuckle seeing his posts stay in character with his one-of-a-kind jargon.

My condolences to all who were close to him in game and on Stratics. God bless his kind heart.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is very sudden and saddening news, I don't think it was even 24 hours ago and I was talking with him in game. Life is precious and far too short for anything but positivity and friendship. My most sincere condolences to his family and friends in game.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that sucks did not really know Ozog, but a our ribbing each other on Stratics got me to give Chessy a try just to visit Pitmuck, ended up dropping a couple of houses on the shard and playing there semi regular all because of Ozog. Going to miss my new friend.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Standing in game seeing all of these people saying good-bye to one of our most beloved members is extremely touching.

Brian...you picked the perfect song for this occasion..thank you!

To Ozog...I did not know you in real life...I did not know you in game...I only knew you here on Stratics, but you always brought a smile to my face.

My most heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends...know that he was truly truly loved.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I knew him first as Hudson on Catskills for many years, then as Ozog/White Rabbit. I was fortunate to meet him in real life and spend time with him several times. He was just as funny as he was in game, and every bit as loyal. I think only he would show up at a UO Town Hall wearing goblin ears and handing out marshmallow ice cream cones. You will be sorely missed my friend.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems so strange how silent "The Death" could be...he comes when we does not expect it, takes us all and the best of us first...

I've never met him personally, but I had great respect - never saw a goblin and a king like him. He will be missed.

*place a candle and light it*

RIP - wherever you'll be now.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I am quiet on stratics, but I did read a lot. Ozog's posts always puts a smile on my face no matter how bad my day had been. I believe I met him once when I came to cheessy for a Rares Event with a friend.
RIP Ozog/White Rabbit

Lyrics :
Round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate
And though I have passed them by
A day will come
I will take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon and East of the Sun
I'm glad that you are here with me,
here at the end of all things.

Night too shall be beautiful
and blessed and its fear will pass