• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Pitmuck is grieving, Britannia is that much poorer a place

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I have just received confirmation that the news is indeed true, though extremely sad to hear. Ozog passed away in his sleep last night, presumably just after the event on Chesapeake, when he told us all goodnight and logged out to go to bed.

Ozog and I shared a shard for nearly the past 20 years, but only really got to know each other well in the past four years or so. I'm not one who knew him long enough to write his memorial. There will be an official obituary and memorial posted elsewhere. For now, this post is just to let everyone know that there will be a vigil in his memory at his house in Pitmuck on Chesapeake tonight at 9 pm EST. The coords are Trammel 2036x2164, though I'm sure there will also be many gates available from Luna.

Brian

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last person on Chesapeake who could take a joke is gone. Great.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Words cannot fully express the depth of loss right now. I cannot imagine what his family is going through right now but they should know that our thoughts are with them as well in this trying time.

Ozog was a good man and a good friend to everyone. Even when I was not playing I would talk to him on the phone or on ICQ. He always had a kind word and a funny joke. The world has lost a great joker and an infectious laugh. He will be missed by everyone that knew him and we will remember him forever.

Ozog we all miss you.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
He was my best and dearest friend in game, ever since he brought me to Pitmuck. Not a day has gone by when we didn't talk to each other on the phone. Until today.

God love him... and God surely knows how much everyone who knew him is going to miss him. Nothing is ever going to be the same again... :(

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When I came back to UO after several years away, I noticed there was a character with the dubious moniker of "Ozog Giantfart" speaking (often in all caps) in general chat in a strange garbled slang. I wondered what in the world the shard had come to... but once I caught on (and could actually understand him!) he was a great guy and a good friend.

The goblin persona was perfect for him--a frank, gruff, but fun-loving, mischievous, and friendly character who was just plain fun to be around. He invited and inspired those around him to join in that fun, and he has left a permanent mark on Chesapeake, Ultima Online, and many people who have met him here. Britannia is a lesser place without him.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ozog was a great friend and this is horrible and surprising news. I was wondering why I hadn't received a text today and now sadly I understand why. He did a ton for Chessy and kept me in game long after I may have stepped away again. He will be missed! :sad3::(:sad2:

Farewell my friend and may you find a fitting peestump when you get there! I will miss you....

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I will say this of my friend Oz, whenever I returned to UO from a long hiatus, he was always there to welcome me back ..... and pee on me. He was / is a class act and someone you could always count on. His roleplaying was / is second to none (don't ask me who this none guy is). My thoughts are with his family and friends. He is the OZ !!

Engel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have great pain. Our little angel is gone. Ozog my friend that I loved dearly,

You will be in my thoughts in my heart and in my mind forever.

Thank you for your friendship
Thank you for your listening
Thank you for helping me

Thank you for having existed. xxx

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goodbye old friend. You will never be forgotten. Everytime I eat ice cream or see a ice cream sign your name always comes to mind and I chuckle. I have no doubt I will do that the rest of my life with a touch of saddness.

May the Light ever shine on your path.

asamdan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any word of RL services? I know its not something people like to talk about, but I'd like to pay my respects, or a card to the family(ies).
I just spoke with Phoenix and Nanoc. There will be no funeral. Its a gathering of close family members for a half an hour before he is cremated. If youd like to send cards I will get Phoenix and Nanocs address on here. I would send them there. Yoshi/Brooke

asamdan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its Thursday and I'm still in shock. I keep looking at my phone to see if he has sent me a text or called to leave a message. I'm going to miss that goblin but more important my bestest friend Mike. I'm heading to Michigan on Saturday. I'm trying to put together a collage of Ozog pictures...If you have one and want to send it to me Id appreciate it. After I get it together and anyone wants one Ill get the collage to you. RIP my friend. Brooke/Yoshi

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Another picture was posted in the "mornins" thread Ozog started on Catskills: mornins

Phoenix_DWxC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone...Here is the link for anyone who might want to sign the guestbook...also I want to thank everyone for their thought and prayers...I and Mike's children are in awe at how many people knew and loved their Dad...people have heard him talk about for almost 20 years...even his grandchildren know of you and their papa's other realm where he spent his days and nights..Ozog loved you all.

Michael D. Cynar's Obituary on Detroit Free Press

ladyjellybean

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
RIP Ozog. I will always cherish his friendship. He was always so kind, generous and oh so much fun to be around! I'll always remember his random phone calls & ICQ's which always raised my spirits and made me laugh. Ozog was a one of a kind goblin that everyone loved. OZOG WINS! I'll miss seeing that during Vesper's auction... :(

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ozog Baja Latern.jpg

This is located behind the guard post near West Britain Bank, Trammel on Baja. Ozog had great admiration for the Yattering (Baja goblin RP character) and the lantern is hanging from his tree. Baja has several players that are members of the Pitmuck Mob and have brought the chaos associated with them to the shard.

WildStar

Last edited:

Winfield

Adventurer
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I miss Ozog. We miss him. The Realm is not the same without him. Always knowing he was in UO in Pitmuck and at all the adventures made me smile. He was a great friend and part of our family. He made us laugh and drove us crazy all at the same time. He was extremely creative and dedicated to this Realm and to us.

Rest in Peace Ozog - Dragonspeed

-- Winfield, Governor of PaxLair

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All week I have been trying to figure out what to say, but words just cannot say how I feel about him not being here anymore.

This is what I came up with: *Raspberries to Heaven* for you my friend, I miss you.
From Giggles​

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

This is located behind the guard post near West Britain Bank, Trammel on Baja. Ozog had great admiration for the Yattering (Baja goblin RP character) and the lantern is hanging from his tree. Baja has several players that are members of the Pitmuck Mob and have brought the chaos associated with them to the shard.

WildStar
Thank you Wildstar for posting the pic. The goblins will never be the same. I don't see myself playing a goblin anymore.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you Wildstar for posting the pic. The goblins will never be the same. I don't see myself playing a goblin anymore.
If you could stay please do. I briefly thought of leaving as well, but Pitmuck and Ozog's home and playground have been saved and will not fall as long as our shard remains. His legacy will live on in UO and in his little kingdom of Pitmuck. The guild will stay, too, both in-game and on Stratics. *hugs*

Last edited:

lissa eldi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember the beginnings of the Pitmuck guild. Although it was originally conceived as a more mischievous, darker goblin "gang", when Ozog was born (hatched?) it soon became clear that his personality would take it in a much different direction. His pure joy at finding the persona that was uniquely his shone through everything he did.

I just found out yesterday of his passing, and all day today I smiled, thinking of him. Outwardly he could be a bit of a curmudgeon, hiding his soft and warm heart under bluster...and fooling no one. Rest in peace old friend, no more pain. Forever loved and missed.

Always, Cara

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't see myself playing a goblin anymore.
I didn't either but Ozog wouldn't want us to quit. It was hard the first time but each time I log in, I feel a bit better because it makes me think that he is happy that I am indeed logging onto Scabby.