• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pissing me off...

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I have already lost my three race exchance tokens cause they are not blessed...

I can't get out of the newbie land...

Where is a soulforge...

Is there no help available?

Anyway, look forward to some help... I know the developers are still working hard... Keep up the good work.

Just let us out of the new lands so we can use Imbuing!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pub 60 notes are up on uo.com

Link to a detailed "crossing the abyss" spoiler (for humans/elves) added to the FAQ sticky (you probably don't want to try going to other way on a new character)

The main soulforge is in the market area E/NE of where a gargoyle starts

Not knowing what to do doesn't come along every day, enjoy it while it lasts :)

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pub 60 notes are up on uo.com

Link to a detailed "crossing the abyss" spoiler (for humans/elves) added to the FAQ sticky (you probably don't want to try going to other way on a new character)

The main soulforge is in the market area E/NE of where a gargoyle starts

Not knowing what to do doesn't come along every day, enjoy it while it lasts :)
You have a VERY good point, I was actually thankful of that aspect of it quite a bit.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, IS it possible to go the other way and get my noobie garg out into Luna or something?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't tried it myself since the servers came up, but yes there is a quest to go the other way (start at quest giver on the steps near the moongate who leads you to the Holy City to the south and pay close attention to what everyone says to find the semi-secret extra quest ... you don't actually need to do the lead-up quests, it's just more fun to discover it for yourself)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tokens aren't blessed? That's fairly ridiculous.
might be a bug, might be a hint that there's another way to get them? (I don't know, but it definitely is not what people naturally expect)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you got your upgrade code/new account code, you aslo got promotion codes.(You should) You need to use them ingame in help menu promotion coded to get the tokens ingame.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you ordered from uogamecodes, when you received the email with the upgrade codes, there should have also been a promo codes. I don't know if the eastore uses the same system. Can anyone confirm?

oops, I was too slow :)

Some Canuck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what i was afraid of. Yea.. i never received any codes other then the upgrade.. those B!%#^#* found yet another way to screw me over. On the other hand.. after waiting 7 hours for the servers to come back online today, the upgrade did work just fine.. although i did have to try to buy the code 3 times before it worked. all things considered. UO's easiest and bug free..ish.. up grade ever. .. .. . yea.. go team.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what i was afraid of. Yea.. i never received any codes other then the upgrade.. those B!%#^#* found yet another way to screw me over. On the other hand.. after waiting 7 hours for the servers to come back online today, the upgrade did work just fine.. although i did have to try to buy the code 3 times before it worked. all things considered. UO's easiest and bug free..ish.. up grade ever. .. .. . yea.. go team.

If you did not get any promo codes read this thread and do what Chrissay tells.http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1392204#post1392204

Some Canuck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually i had already done that before posting here only to see if i could speed things up. I naturally assumed that it couldn't be EA/UO screwing up, right? .. ahem.. right? it had to be me.

So i got home today and had a very nice e-mail waiting for me from an EA rep who will remain nameless to protect the .. the. yea.. i can't post here what i want to say. Anywho, with a very pleasant message linking me to the solution to all my apparent problems. I help listing entitled "What is a Promotional Token". Well, i'm not going to repeat here what my knee jerk response was, this is after all from time to time a family friendly message board. But please let me assure everyone that after more years then i care to admit playing UO, yes.. i do know what a promotional token is.

So now i'm sitting on the phone, on ignore i might add, that's right.. not hold.. ignore, with a rep from EA games who has gone off into the deep bowels of that mythical land of game codes or the broom closet on the second floor i don't care which to retrieve my pixel crack. i'll let you all know how it turns out.

Ok.. well.. that didn't work out as planned.. now i'm in a holding pattern waiting for another e-mail from EA support. I know this will all get sorted out *eventually* but.. wow.. just wow. go team.