• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Piss'd at EA and have $28 bucks to spare?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're like me and you've had enough of EA/Mythic/Origin (whoever) and really want to make your voice heard - then maybe you'll want to join me in becoming an EA investor - somebody who can actually have questions answered (if not resolved)...

As a share holder of a stock, you have certain "rights". One of those rights is an EXPECTED response to a question directed to the Board of Directors.

Currently the value of a share of EA is around $27.50 - and one freekin' share qualifies you as a "Share Holder".

It is worth noting here, that the Board of Directors of any publically held company is charged with a mission of - above all else - PROFIT.

So, get out your checkbooks and debit/credit cards and invest $28 bucks in the ability to get EA/Origin's corporate attention. Buy 1 share and then you can send your (professionally edited - if you wish to do any good and receive a response) email to EA's Board.

Here's a link to one of many places where you can become a stockholder... ScottTrade (I'm sure you've heard of them). A one-time fee of $7 bucks get's you the ability to have your voice finally heard....

Here's the message I - (as a new share holder) - sent tonight:

Family members have made me aware of a barrier to share value that could be quickly remedied with an eye toward replacing the current chargé of the Origin Store.
Briefly - it has come to my attention - that the Origin Store is "broken" regarding purchases of Ultima Online products. Please address this issue in the most expedient manner possible.

Regards, (your name here) Shareholder

Here is the link to EA's stock holder's question page, where (as a share holder) you can converse with EA's Board of Directors directly: http://investors.ea.com/contactus.cfm

You spend $10 to $14 bucks every month on every account you have. A "one time" expense of $28 is freekin' doable people ! Join me !
;)

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're like me and you've had enough of EA/Mythic/Origin (whoever) and really want to make your voice heard - then maybe you'll want to join me in becoming an EA investor - somebody who can actually have questions answered (if not resolved)...

As a share holder of a stock, you have certain "rights". One of those rights is an EXPECTED response to a question directed to the Board of Directors.

Currently the value of a share of EA is around $27.50 One freekin' share qualifies you as a "Share Holder".

It is worth noting here, that the Board of Directors of any publically held company is charged with a mission of - above all else - PROFIT.

So, get out your checkbooks and debit/credit cards and invest $28 bucks in the ability to get EA/Origin's corporate attention. Buy one damn share then send your (professionally edited - if you wish to do any good and receive a response) email to EA's Board.

Family members have made me aware of a barrier to share value that could be quickly remedied with an eye toward replacing the current chargé of the Origin Store. Briefly - it has come to my attention - that the Origin Store is "broken" regarding purchases of Ultima Online products. Please address this issue in the most expedient manner possible.

Here is the link to EA's stock holder's question page, where (as a share holder) you can converse with EA's Board of Directors directly:

http://investors.ea.com/contactus.cfm
You spend $10 to $14 bucks every month on every account you have. A "one time" expense of $28 is freekin' doable people ! Join me !
;)

If I can type numbers in dashes in a different order and save $28 I'll do it.... Besides I already pay $10/month to get ignored & I doubt more than doubling that will change anything.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to try to put a damper in this idea to help improve anything, but unless you can actually be one of the top shareholders (or even close to top), I doubt your voice wont hold any more weight than a customer, especially if all you own is a few shares. A worthy effort though, no doubt about that. But if I am going to invest, it will be for my own profit...

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to try to put a damper in this idea to help improve anything, but unless you can actually be one of the top shareholders (or even close to top), I doubt your voice wont hold any more weight than a customer, especially if all you own is a few shares.
My "voice" will certainly not hold as much impact as the "voice" of a 10k share holder - someone who could "demand" action - so you're, rather obviously, correct there. However, it's not about demands being met, it's about being at least "heard"...

We can sit here and pancake and moan till the proverbial cows come home, but chances are - we're not being heard (in this format) by anyone that matters. A single share get's your noisy foot in the door. And every foot that get's in that door, has the chance of getting the ear of someone that matters at Electronic Arts. And the more feet, the better the odds... Basic math...

A worthy effort though, no doubt about that. But if I am going to invest, it will be for my own profit...

A $28 investment in EA is far from a losing proposition... Look it up!

10 of us would make some ears perk up...
100 of us would force a "conversation" at the next board meeting..
1000 of us could change the way UO has been treated this past decade...

;)

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 of us would make some ears perk up...
100 of us would force a "conversation" at the next board meeting..
1000 of us could change the way UO has been treated this past decade...

I really doubt any of those contentions are true. 1000 1 share holding people would probably be ignored as readily as 1. They have 300,000,000 shares outstanding.

UO is not important in the grand scheme of things and EA has millions of customers.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have payed alot to EA the last 15 years as I have multi accounts.
Do I have a voice? I believe so, at least I always tell on the forums, what I like and what I dislike and what I would love to see. Do they listen? I believe so :)
Do I always get it as I want, sure not, as we are many, and changes should make as many as possible happy and hurt as few as possible.
I don't like the idea of share holders have more right, because you have more money, it does not mean you know more about, what is good for the game.
I'm sure they want to fix the problems with the store as fast as possible as less sale cost them money.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have payed alot to EA the last 15 years as I have multi accounts.
Do I have a voice? I believe so, at least I always tell on the forums, what I like and what I dislike and what I would love to see. Do they listen? I believe so :)
What forums are those?
It is one thing to reach the small pile of people Mythic side who are still in UO's dev team. It is very much another thing to even make a tiny spec on radar of the faceless lizardman corporation that dictates how much or little money and people Mythic have at their disposal.

Last time I remember hearing anyone from EA corp side even MENTIONING UO, all kinds of press releases included, was when the now fired lizardman executive mentioned Ultima Online as a side remark when talking about potential longevity of SW:TOR. This was few years ago and all he said was how UO had been running for 17 years. Yes, he didn't remember how long UO had been running.

Having said all that, I think players of UO have MUCH easier time contacting the actual Dev team of their game than any other MMO I've heard about. This has plenty of it's own implications and undertones..some of them awesome, others heartwarming..and few troublesome, sad as well. Mesanna often ends up having to PERSONALLY handle paperwork and manual labor of some Origin **** up or another. This is stuff that you'd expect to fall on customer support division or such. It is kind, impressive and troublesome how lead dev of my favorite MMO has to look into these things herself. Them implications have soul crushing potential.

Last edited:

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ya know what? I was thinking the other day. I've played a lot of games that had EA at the beginning of them. UO is probably my all time favorite. I wonder where UO would be if EA wasn't involved with it. Is there some other entity that would have kept it going?

I'm not really sure I want to piss EA off by hating on it for keeping my favorite game going.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
startle, do you really think that signing your name as "shareholder" is going to get so much attention that someone will send you anything but a form letter? Which is more likely, that some secretary will copy and paste an e-mail to you, dismissing "Shareholder" as blowing smoke, or that a director will verify your ownership of less three billionths of outstanding shares and think "OMG I have to reply to this guy"?

Viper and Uvtha are correct. You have a nice thought, but the best any regular person could expect is a form letter. I would be surprised if EA's directors ever heard in their lives of Origin Store problems, considering many boards of directors don't really do much in the first place. Unless you're the likes of Carl Icahn, the biggest voices are not individuals, but the proxy votes by large institutionalized investors, such as mutual funds. But what do I know, my old team only did the filings for the 3% of EA that the firm owned.

A $28 investment in EA is far from a losing proposition... Look it up!
Some peg the 1Y target estimate at $27 or even less, and I think that's optimistic. If you want to go long on anything, try ATVI or DIS.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know what? I was thinking the other day. I've played a lot of games that had EA at the beginning of them. UO is probably my all time favorite. I wonder where UO would be if EA wasn't involved with it. Is there some other entity that would have kept it going?

Well seeing as EA had been OSI's parent company since 1992, I would wager UO may not have happened at all without them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not to try to put a damper in this idea to help improve anything, but unless you can actually be one of the top shareholders (or even close to top), I doubt your voice wont hold any more weight than a customer, especially if all you own is a few shares. A worthy effort though, no doubt about that. But if I am going to invest, it will be for my own profit...
Well... I mean UO fans could possibly unite and do something along the lines of a Gordon Gekko type move in the Original Wall Street. Buying up all the stock as a group could possible get positive results, granted it's nto something that would never happen... dare to dream.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure
Well... I mean UO fans could possibly unite and do something along the lines of a Gordon Gekko type move in the Original Wall Street. Buying up all the stock as a group could possible get positive results, granted it's nto something that would never happen... dare to dream.
It would require over $40 million to get 0.5%, barely in the top 20 shareholders, and that still wouldn't be enough to get anyone's attention.

Gekko was a corporate raider, remember, so doing something good with the company is more like "The Secret of My Success."

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your communication doesn't come across as professional. It comes across as some dude with a thesaurus and a huge sense of entitlement.
...replacing the current chargé of the Origin Store.
What does that even mean? The term "chargé" is usually used in a diplomatic sense, but assuming you're calling for the project manager to be replaced and think your 1 share gives you an elevated right to do so then you're pretty deluded.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
never underestimate the power of a thoughtful well written letter sent via snail mail. It might take a while to get a response but you will eventually get one.

owning 1 share will not make a difference. boardrooms tell extremely large shareholders to go fly a kite every day.

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Currently the value of a share of EA is around $27.50 - and one freekin' share qualifies you as a "Share Holder".

So, get out your checkbooks and debit/credit cards and invest $28 bucks in the ability to get EA/Origin's corporate attention. Buy 1 share and then you can send your (professionally edited - if you wish to do any good and receive a response) email to EA's Board.

Here's a link to one of many places where you can become a stockholder... ScottTrade (I'm sure you've heard of them). A one-time fee of $7 bucks get's you the ability to have your voice finally heard....

Family members have made me aware of a barrier to share value that could be quickly remedied with an eye toward replacing the current chargé of the Origin Store.
Briefly - it has come to my attention - that the Origin Store is "broken" regarding purchases of Ultima Online products. Please address this issue in the most expedient manner possible.

Here is the link to EA's stock holder's question page, where (as a share holder) you can converse with EA's Board of Directors directly: http://investors.ea.com/contactus.cfm

;)
Umm when you use stock places like ScottTrade you have to spend ALOT more than just $28 bucks. There is a minimum amount of stocks you have to buy before you can buy stocks through any trade company eh? Just asking. I don't know that much about stock trade.......and if you are pissed at them, then why would you invest in them?

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am always afraid if EA find out that UO exists they will shut it down. :( Squeaky wheels can get replaced as well as being oiled.

BUT!

startle! I am behind you 100% and look forward to hearing the reply! Actually rather excited! I wrote a letter to the Grad Pubah of EA once and got a nice reply.... sent via an underling to look into the matter. No I wasn't snitchin' on anyone :)