• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pirate hunting?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So bumped into a pirate and killed her. Didnt have a pirate rope, was not on a quest. I still got the death certificate. Is the 10k gold all this is good for, or can I even claim that? Do I remember correctly that they added places to get rope and turn in pirates? Also, if I have the resources and skill to repair the damaged orc ship, can I keep it?

Thanks for any input you can help with here.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think yes you have to have the rope, because when you do that quest you don't actually kill the pirate, you "capture" them, and they talk trash to you all the way back to the docks.

And no, you can't repair their boat and take it :rolleyes: When you turn in the pirate at the docks (and I think Zento is the best place for this activity) you get a deed for a piece of an orc ship... One out of 6 or 8 you need, and they will give you duplicates. That's about the extent of my knowledge, you'll have to hit up old man Grey if you wanna know more, or Ru, if you can find him, he's sneaky

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, thanks. Did you see that the Brit ship is 10 MILLION turn in points? That seems.....excessive.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't get an orc ship part for every one, sometimes you get gold only, sometimes you get special ammo.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, thanks. Did you see that the Brit ship is 10 MILLION turn in points? That seems.....excessive.
That's because our devs don't actually play UO, or they would know better. Anyone with 10 million turn in pts, does nothing but IDOCs and would have no time to ride around in that ovesized behemoth.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He means at the library collection, you can earn the Britannia ship through gameplay, just turn in 10 million of those useless unnamed crab and lobster! Easy peasy

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk