• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

When a tool breaks, for pretty much any crafting skill, it breaks the UI and it will refuse to recognize additional tools...until it randomly doesn't several days later. Please crush this bug.

EDIT: The cooking tools seem immune to the bug...odd.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Making a diamond bracelet (tinkering) says "You do not have the components to make that," even when it works fine in the default UI.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Making a diamond bracelet (tinkering) says "You do not have the components to make that," even when it works fine in the default UI.
the message come from the default gump, so there isn't much to be done there :D

The thing when the tool breaks, can you check the debug window if it throw some kind of error? because I can't find anything wrong with the tool selection so far...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This can't be from the default gump though, crafting the bracelet works perfectly in the default UI. I switch back to yours and suddenly it doesn't work. Maybe the UI is looking for the wrong materials, or trying to craft the wrong object?

The thing when the tool breaks, can you check the debug window if it throw some kind of error? because I can't find anything wrong with the tool selection so far...
I'll run down a tool and see what it says...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This can't be from the default gump though, crafting the bracelet works perfectly in the default UI. I switch back to yours and suddenly it doesn't work. Maybe the UI is looking for the wrong materials, or trying to craft the wrong object?
it's quite possible is trying to craft something else, probably it's just in the wrong position on the list compared to default...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have the same experience with sapphire jewelry. It does not seem to "see" gems in the backpack. Default UI works fine.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

In your UI, the inscription gump lists Feeblemind as requiring garlic and nightshade. This is incorrect. This spell scroll requires ginseng and nightshade. Please fix.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fish Oil Flasks on the Cooking menu also incorrectly wants a bag of flour and raw fish steaks, when it should be looking for coffee grounds (ID: 22331, hue: 1022) and raw fish steaks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fish Oil Flasks on the Cooking menu also incorrectly wants a bag of flour and raw fish steaks, when it should be looking for coffee grounds (ID: 22331, hue: 1022) and raw fish steaks.
Lately I'm considering the idea of removing the advanced crafting system, since it has some problems that cannot be fixed and the performance are bad... besides that the people seems to like more the default gump in the end...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lately I'm considering the idea of removing the advanced crafting system, since it has some problems that cannot be fixed and the performance are bad... besides that the people seems to like more the default gump in the end...
I like the advanced crafting system. I wish the bugs were fixed, but I do like it. Makes crafting a bit less tedious.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main features for me is the search option. Makes finding the item to craft soooooo much easier.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, the only part I'd really miss is the search option.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

The Set Security action no longer functions correctly. I'm using it on items in a locked down pouch, but I never get the "New access level set" message after targeting something. I do get it when I right click the item and select 'set security,' without ever getting the security menu (after having tried using the action macro on it). Can this action be fixed please?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

The Set Security action no longer functions correctly. I'm using it on items in a locked down pouch, but I never get the "New access level set" message after targeting something. I do get it when I right click the item and select 'set security,' without ever getting the security menu (after having tried using the action macro on it). Can this action be fixed please?
it seems the client now doesn't like target + context menu at the same time. Try now, but remember that I've added an half second delay so if you do something in that half second it might stop the context menu call...

About the crafing menu, I suggest you to turn off the "Advanced Crafting" from the options menu since I'm still undecided about the future of that tool...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party Bars
it seems unless I'm the first to be partied, my bars are blank and sometimes I have only a couple and it will not let me pull ANY bar. Been that way forever, 3 different comps too so not my system.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party Bars
it seems unless I'm the first to be partied, my bars are blank and sometimes I have only a couple and it will not let me pull ANY bar. Been that way forever, 3 different comps too so not my system.
open the debug window before doing party, make the party and see if an error pop up, we may find the cause :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

The new "a special gift box for ___" boxes have new gump art that the UI won't display. I've locked down one of the boxes on the steps of my house on TC1 located NW of the Britain Moongate (1310, 1972).

Also, with the new plum trees, I'm finding myself double clicking like mad... Could an action be made that will double click something 10 times to harvest resources? Such an action would be great for harvesting fruit and the Rose of Trinsic! Action >> click on target.

Also, I have a bag full of 125 coffee plants that I try to harvest daily, but that's 250 clicks that my wrist really dislikes. How about an action that double clicks everything in a container? Action >> click on container.

:Begging:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

The new "a special gift box for ___" boxes have new gump art that the UI won't display. I've locked down one of the boxes on the steps of my house on TC1 located NW of the Britain Moongate (1310, 1972).

Also, with the new plum trees, I'm finding myself double clicking like mad... Could an action be made that will double click something 10 times to harvest resources? Such an action would be great for harvesting fruit and the Rose of Trinsic! Action >> click on target.

Also, I have a bag full of 125 coffee plants that I try to harvest daily, but that's 250 clicks that my wrist really dislikes. How about an action that double clicks everything in a container? Action >> click on container.

Unfortunately the UI can't emulate clicks, but the xmas box should work fine now :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Could you please add the main UI's icons for Eodon Tribe Slayer, Myrmidex Slayer and Dinosaur Slayer to the UI and to actions in the Slayer categories?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Could you please add the main UI's icons for Eodon Tribe Slayer, Myrmidex Slayer and Dinosaur Slayer to the UI and to actions in the Slayer categories?

those are not there due to the cost of making them... is 10$ per icon and since I've cutted the expenses that's not an option. But you can use a macro with a simple equip action and it will do the same thig :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
those are not there due to the cost of making them... is 10$ per icon and since I've cutted the expenses that's not an option. But you can use a macro with a simple equip action and it will do the same thig :p
It costs $10 to use graphics that are already in the client? o_O

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the default UI has icons for the buff bar for the new slayers.
those are not the same thing unfortunately... The icons need a transparent background to be compatible with the other features, and the buffs are very small too, they need to be redrawn bigger or the image will be pixellated and unrecognizable :/

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
those are not the same thing unfortunately... The icons need a transparent background to be compatible with the other features, and the buffs are very small too, they need to be redrawn bigger or the image will be pixellated and unrecognizable :/
What size? I can try making some...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use grid backpack, if i am in my house or any other that I have vendors in for that matter, when I go back to a pack of mine after using the vendor, the grid rolls down and will not allow me to see the top items in the bag, it just rubberbands back. The only way I can cure it is if the bag or backpack is not full, make it lengthen to see the entire bag. Very disrupting, I have to log out and back in to fix it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Statbars, both monsters and our pets are not updating
check the debug window if there is any error since I can't replicate the problem...

I use grid backpack, if i am in my house or any other that I have vendors in for that matter, when I go back to a pack of mine after using the vendor, the grid rolls down and will not allow me to see the top items in the bag, it just rubberbands back. The only way I can cure it is if the bag or backpack is not full, make it lengthen to see the entire bag. Very disrupting, I have to log out and back in to fix it.
This happens when the client fails to save/load the scroll position, and relog (or better restart the client) is the only fix.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
check the debug window if there is any error since I can't replicate the problem...

This happens when the client fails to save/load the scroll position, and relog (or better restart the client) is the only fix.
Ok so the character I play the most on my main account, an archer, has a skeleton that he uses for his "dump stuff" box. He no longer can use it because whenever he opens it, even upon immediately doing it after login, it does the scroll thing, logging in or out does not fix it. This has been going on for over 2 months now. I know you'd think I can just change the container but that is how i got to the skeleton, his backpack he placed on the floor did the same thing and i replaced it with the skeleton and the skeleton does the same thing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so the character I play the most on my main account, an archer, has a skeleton that he uses for his "dump stuff" box. He no longer can use it because whenever he opens it, even upon immediately doing it after login, it does the scroll thing, logging in or out does not fix it. This has been going on for over 2 months now. I know you'd think I can just change the container but that is how i got to the skeleton, his backpack he placed on the floor did the same thing and i replaced it with the skeleton and the skeleton does the same thing.
Open the character profile (of that archer) with notepad, and delete all the lines that starts with:
<NumberVar name="ScrollGrid
or
<NumberVar name="ScrollList

It should do the trick.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pinco, is there a way to manually scale something? I've never been able to get the Scale function to work, but I've manually scaled L1-L6 maps by editing the character profile. But I can't figure out what the line item for an L7 map should be, so I can't manually adjust it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, is there a way to manually scale something? I've never been able to get the Scale function to work, but I've manually scaled L1-L6 maps by editing the character profile. But I can't figure out what the line item for an L7 map should be, so I can't manually adjust it.
To scale you have to use the mouse wheel on what you have to scale (after activating the scale mode with the action). The L7 maps uses a different gump, I have to check what it is to enable the scaling there.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Like I said, I've never gotten scale mode to work. I get "Scale mode enabled!" in the log file, and mouse wheel is set to zoom in/out, and.... nothing. If you could figure out the L7 gump, though, I could manually fix it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said, I've never gotten scale mode to work. I get "Scale mode enabled!" in the log file, and mouse wheel is set to zoom in/out, and.... nothing. If you could figure out the L7 gump, though, I could manually fix it.
you must disable the zoom or it won't work :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I still have the continual party bar "drop no show" problem? There is no pattern that I can see, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, log out log in, sometimes goes back to ok, sometimes no change. Most times I not only don't have party bars, they drop or don't appear and I can't even manually pull their healthbars, so I go on hunts with no bars to heal my party friends.

What in the heck am I doing wrong? I am frustrated and my guild is disgusted with me, I am the only one that plays EC and they understandably have no patience with stuff like this. Please help me fix.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I still have the continual party bar "drop no show" problem? There is no pattern that I can see, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, log out log in, sometimes goes back to ok, sometimes no change. Most times I not only don't have party bars, they drop or don't appear and I can't even manually pull their healthbars, so I go on hunts with no bars to heal my party friends.

What in the heck am I doing wrong? I am frustrated and my guild is disgusted with me, I am the only one that plays EC and they understandably have no patience with stuff like this. Please help me fix.
start simple: backup your character profile and delete it. Starting over is always a good starting point to understand what's causing the problem :D

I've tried it both ways, enabled and disabled. Currently set to "none" and it doesn't work.
If when you scroll the client still zoom in and out it will not work. Also make sure you don't have external programs that changes the behaviour of the mouse wheel...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
[QUOTE="Pinco, post: 2813541, member: 4163"If when you scroll the client still zoom in and out it will not work. Also make sure you don't have external programs that changes the behaviour of the mouse wheel...[/QUOTE]

I've tried it with the scroll wheel set to Zoom and with the scroll wheel set to None. The Journal says "Scale Mode enabled!" but I cannot scale. (when set to zoom, I can zoom in and out the client, but I cannot scale). I've tried it with Pinco's and without. I've deleted my character profile. I've tried it on fullscreen and at different resolutions. I've tried it with a different mouse. I don't run any external programs. And I've given up, nobody else seems to have this problem. But if I knew which gump I needed to change the scale of the L7 map, I'd be happy.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If when you scroll the client still zoom in and out it will not work. Also make sure you don't have external programs that changes the behaviour of the mouse wheel...
I've tried it with the scroll wheel set to Zoom and with the scroll wheel set to None. The Journal says "Scale Mode enabled!" but I cannot scale. (when set to zoom, I can zoom in and out the client, but I cannot scale). I've tried it with Pinco's and without. I've deleted my character profile. I've tried it on fullscreen and at different resolutions. I've tried it with a different mouse. I don't run any external programs. And I've given up, nobody else seems to have this problem. But if I knew which gump I needed to change the scale of the L7 map, I'd be happy.
The current problem I have on testing this is finding a L7 map on tc, unfortunately the bag gives only L6 and you have to dig out one and with the equipment available there is not the easiest thing in the world to do (and it takes quite some time). If you have one available, try to transfer it to tc and put it for sale in a vendor, let me know the coordinates and I'll get it... This way we'll see the same map and there will be no misunderstanding :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Done. Not sure if Vendor Search is working on TC, but it's on a vendor named Nolan, NE of the Trammel Yew moongate, coords 101.25N 22.21W.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
start simple: backup your character profile and delete it. Starting over is always a good starting point to understand what's causing the problem :D
I neglected to mention that this happens not just on one character but all characters on all accounts so I don't think the profile cleanup will work. And doesn't starting new mean just that and delete every macro and setting for every character I play? This would take several days to redo if even I could figure out what macros and settings I was missing on each character until I actually needed it which then would be too late.

Also the problem I mentioned before about opening a vendor and it making the grid view revert to the top and scroll by itself is a character/account problem for all characters on all accounts. Sounds like I should just go back to the classic client which I don't think I can do and even enjoy it, so next step is just to quit after 14 years. I'm getting to the end of my rope here I guess.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I deleted my profile, started over again clean, have spent at least 6 hours redoing everything. Container problem seems to be lessened but not fixed, party bar problem is absolutely the same, just went to guildhouse, 5 guildmates, guildleader partied me, I had ONE bar that was blank, not even the guildleader/party starter's bar and again, I could NOT even pull the bars manually.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done. Not sure if Vendor Search is working on TC, but it's on a vendor named Nolan, NE of the Trammel Yew moongate, coords 101.25N 22.21W.
now it should recognize this maps like the other treasure maps...

OK, I deleted my profile, started over again clean, have spent at least 6 hours redoing everything. Container problem seems to be lessened but not fixed, party bar problem is absolutely the same, just went to guildhouse, 5 guildmates, guildleader partied me, I had ONE bar that was blank, not even the guildleader/party starter's bar and again, I could NOT even pull the bars manually.
You don't have to destroy everything to do a test, use backups and recover it if nothing changes :D
Anyway check the debug window if there is any error popping out (NOT the red text) when the bars are jumping around...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the action icons are 64x64 and they must have a transparent bg and be visible with all the available background
Here are the slayer icons. I based them off of those that appear on the buff bar.

Eodon Slayer (Super Slayer):
EodonSlayer.png

Dinosaur Slayer:
DinosaurSlayer.png

Myrmidex Slayer:
MyrmidexSlayer.png

Eodon Tribe Slayer:
EodonTribeSlayer.png

I'll also get you the Hue IDs of the new dyes in a little bit so you can add in their names.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BOD Reward dye Names/Hues:

Wind Azul: 2741
Dull Ruby: 2731
Poppy White: 2735
Umbran Violet: 2740
Zento Orchid: 2732

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
DOWNLOAD FROM HERE: Pinco's UI
@Pinco Download link is broken :/
www.guain.it Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

Best regards,
Abyss