• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see some working health bars that won't stop updating all the time; pretty please.
that's not an UI problem, and it was fixed client side, so it could be a profile/lag problem...

NoRteX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi again, is there an option to remain the standard/classic items properties layout? So like everything that Pinco UI has will remain except the items properties layout on cursor?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi again, is there an option to remain the standard/classic items properties layout? So like everything that Pinco UI has will remain except the items properties layout on cursor?
yes, check the user settings -> pinco's UI section, but remember that a LOT is going to change when the new default will came out...

NoRteX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
yes, check the user settings -> pinco's UI section, but remember that a LOT is going to change when the new default will came out...
Thanks for replay, but there are no such options at user setting -> pinco's UI section. There are only option to make new user friendly layout, but there are no option to get back to standard cursor items properties view. Maybe there are some file that needs to be replaced from the Ultima game location?

Thanks.

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
I'm probably not the only player who as they get older finds their eye sight not as good as it used to be.
Can you give some thought to options to make things easier to see

For example...there is an animation that shows when a mob is under the effect of peace, unless I have my nose right on the screen I can't see it :( Being able to change the color/brightness of that effect would make a BIG difference to me.

Maybe an 'Accessibility' Tab to gather these sorts of options together? People are used to this from mobile phones etc. Just add things to the tab as people make requests.

Really looking forward to seeing the new interface :)

The Old Man

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for replay, but there are no such options at user setting -> pinco's UI section. There are only option to make new user friendly layout, but there are no option to get back to standard cursor items properties view. Maybe there are some file that needs to be replaced from the Ultima game location?

Thanks.
What do you mean by "standard cursor items properties view"? If you mean you want it to look like the classic client, that's not an option. If you want it to look more like the EC default, just uncheck the option to use the new layout.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks.
that's the option, just disable the new user friendly version...

I'm probably not the only player who as they get older finds their eye sight not as good as it used to be.
Can you give some thought to options to make things easier to see

For example...there is an animation that shows when a mob is under the effect of peace, unless I have my nose right on the screen I can't see it :( Being able to change the color/brightness of that effect would make a BIG difference to me.

Maybe an 'Accessibility' Tab to gather these sorts of options together? People are used to this from mobile phones etc. Just add things to the tab as people make requests.

Really looking forward to seeing the new interface :)

The Old Man
You don't need to be blind for not to see that effect, but there are no accessibility options on the game... perhaps you could use the windows magnify tool? :D

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya, a friend got a problem. When he uses Pinco's UI, his fps go down to 5 about every 3 secs. So its unplayable for him. The enhanced client itself works fine. He uses windows 8, but had same problem with windows 7. You got any idea what the problem could be?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya, a friend got a problem. When he uses Pinco's UI, his fps go down to 5 about every 3 secs. So its unplayable for him. The enhanced client itself works fine. He uses windows 8, but had same problem with windows 7. You got any idea what the problem could be?
if he's using an old version is quite possible that it's happening... but it's not important right now since when the new default UI came out I'll have to rework the whole UI so...

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know its the newest version he is using. So we will see what the future version does. :)

Iamfaytt2009

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im having trouble since this new patch came out a bit ago.... the box that comes up when you highlight something is staying open and it wont go away till i move the cursor off screen. is anyone else having an issue with this? its rather annoying...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im having trouble since this new patch came out a bit ago.... the box that comes up when you highlight something is staying open and it wont go away till i move the cursor off screen. is anyone else having an issue with this? its rather annoying...
I am having the same problem

Maharette

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello, i love the pinco UI but is there any tips to reduce the lag? I have none with classic EC but with pinco it s almost unplayable. If there is any tips i would like to know them as this addon is just awesome. i am running on win 8.1 quad core 8giga ram so i dont understand whats wrong as even EC dont requires that much.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, i love the pinco UI but is there any tips to reduce the lag? I have none with classic EC but with pinco it s almost unplayable. If there is any tips i would like to know them as this addon is just awesome. i am running on win 8.1 quad core 8giga ram so i dont understand whats wrong as even EC dont requires that much.
the only tips is to wait for the new default UI to get out so I will have time to rework my own...

Kloud

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when's this looking to happen pinco? Any ideals on a time frame?

Kloud

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright thanks for the reply pinco your the man btw your u.I rocks and I can't wait to see what the new ui has instore

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little news: today I've changed a bit the UI Patcher, the new version will be able to resume the download where you stopped it :)

After this I still have a couple of features to finish before the beta is ready :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just one small thing to do before the release, so for this evening I should be able to release it.

Few heads up:
- Clean the user settings folder:
Find this folder: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data
and remove any folder EXCEPT the folders with your accounts name.
This will make the transition smoother, and frees the client from unused data.

- Backup your profiles
make a backup of all the folders you didn't delete with the previous step.
The profiles made with the new default UI should be 100% compatible, but it's better to be safe than sorry :p

- Getting ready
Use the UNINSTALL button on the UI Patcher first.
!!!MAKE SURE THE Pinco's UI Folder (inside UserInterface) is gone before proceed any further!!!
There will be an updated zip package that allows you to start the setup from scratch which contains a basic version of the UI.
Remember that the new patcher has the resume function so you should be able to start over where you left in case something goes wrong.

- What to expect
This will be a BETA version, so you should expect some bugs.
I still have some features to add for the final release, but for now I just want to make the UI stable.
When you'll find a bug, you can report it through the game bug report window (remember to select Pinco's UI) or as usual in my support forum (it requires to be registered).

- EC PlaySound
With the new version EC PlaySound is mandatory, so remember to start the game with it or the UI will switch automatically to default.

I think that's it for now. As usual, if you have any ideas let me know, thanks :D

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new version is UP!

Since there is a compatibility problem with the old version, you have to start the patcher and press UNINSTALL. After that just start over with the new package: LINK.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 2 is up!

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug that prevents to see the exact weight on a trophy.
  • The loot bags and trap boxes now have the right hue inside the backpack.
  • Fixed a bug that prevent to loot the selected item.
  • The "Loot All" function now correctly moves the gold into the main backpack instead of the loot bag.
  • Fixed a problem with the animal lore gump that detects the wrong creature type when used with target current.
  • Paperdolls now can't appear outside the visible area.
  • The frame of the game area now is loaded correctly on login.
  • If you remove a tab of the chat window, the filters of the other tabs are updated properly.
  • Added the option "Enable All" and "Disable All" on the list of chat filters.
  • When you resize a container the size will be fixed automatically to the grid size.
  • Switching between freeform and grid on containers while grid legacy mode is turned off, now correctly shows the container frame.
  • Removed some misplaced spaces and separators into the quick stat labels.
  • The UI will check at random frequency if EC PlaySound is active. This should avoid problems while using multiple clients at the same time.
  • Player status window position is now saved correctly and it won't reset after applying new settings.
  • Silver trader vendor gump now shows the item properties correctly.
  • Vice VS Virtue Gump now is updated correctly without flickering.
  • Gumps position is now saved correctly for all gumps.
  • Switching between crafting tools now keeps the gump active instead of closing it and forcing the player to reopen it.
  • Added the actions: "Set Snoop target" and "Snoop Target". Use the first to set the snooping victim and the second one followed by "Use Targeted Object" to snoop the selected target.
  • Added the action: "Toggle Tactical Map".
  • Restored the server lines tool. You can activate it with the related action.
  • HP, Mana and Stamina max value now are shown correctly.
  • The escape button is now automatically re-assigned to default (for profiles that has lost the escape key mapping).
  • Items with cooldown now gets correctly disabled when you don't have them.
  • Highly improved the performance of hotbars.
  • Prevented the buff/debuff system from making the item properties disappear.
  • Buff/debuff now blinks only when a new buff/debuff appears.
  • If the grid legacy mode is disabled, the containers will show the icon of the container type on the top left corner of the window.
  • Resizing a container without moving it, now correctly saves the size when you close it.
  • Switching between freeform and grid on containers (with grid legacy disabled), now doesn't shrink the container below the minimum size allowed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 3 is up!

• The containers now are shown correctly in any mode.
  • The hotbars now shows the properties of every type of slot correctly.
  • The items in the hotbars slots now are enabled correctly if the item is in your backpack or equipped.
  • The items disabled on the hotbars now shows the name. NOTE: this change is not retro-active so in order to see the names you have to drag the items into the hotbar slot again when the item is available.
  • Added a new button to the containers (except the backpack) that allows you to toggle the loot sort on any containers (not just corpses). This value is automatically saved.
  • Closing the moongate gump do not prevents the reopening anymore.
  • Alpha and Scale mode now saves their status correctly on logout.
  • Fixed a bug in the chat window that may makes the journal to stop recording messages correctly.
  • Fish crates now shows the points value for the quest.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 4 is up!

• Now the closed hotbars will restore the orientation correctly.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents to see certain items on the hotbars slots (like runebook, containers, and several others).
  • Forced the turn-off of the loot sort on the backpack (in rare cases people were able to activate it even if the button was not visible).
  • Changing the UI from User Settings, now actually applies it instead of forcing the user to reload the UI manually.
  • Added the book logging option on User Settings and the related action.
  • Added an option in User Settings to disable the veteran rewards gump on login.
  • Runebooks now saves the position correctly and can't go outside the game window.
  • Containers now shows the new xmas container correctly.
  • Containers now opens at the right minimum size (if the grid legacy is disabled), unless they have been saved with a greater size.
  • Fixed the "Snoop Target" action name.
  • Added a failsafe to the containers to prevents unwanted closures.
  • The crafting tool gump does not set anymore the materials quantities and tool uses to 0 if you open a container that is not your backpack.
  • The craftable green tea now requires the right item type.
  • The notoriety aura is now shown correctly on login.
  • The new item properties gump now can be scaled from User Settings -> Item Properties.
  • You can now disable the new item properties layout and return to the classic wall of text.
  • Added the missing buff/debuff icons.
  • Fixed a bug with the new buffs/debuffs that sometimes may not have been properly added/removed.
  • Improved the EC PlaySound checking.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 5 is up!

Changelog:

• Improved the item properties in order to show in red the negative affixes like antique, prized, massive, etc...
  • Target Window cannot go outside the visible game area anymore.
  • Now the target window of corpses don't show the health percent anymore.
  • Improved the response of the context menus.
  • Improved the player recognition system: now the target window should shows the add/remove party button only for the right mobiles.
  • The paperdoll name now is properly formatted.
  • Added a new failsafe that should prevents the healthbars from stuck.
  • Chat and Clock window are now correctly positioned on the first login.
  • Reset UI Locs button now restore the default position of some of the main UI elements.
  • The bank gold has been removed from the character sheet on Siege Perilous and Mugen, because it requires the insurance menu in order to get the bank gold amount.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 6 is out!

Changelog:

• Improved starting position of window elements.
  • Added the missing cap of the character sheet.
  • Bank Gold now shows the right value on the hotbar.
  • Improved the Debug window.
  • Added the "Class Viewer" tool (Debug tool).
  • Fixed a problem with the item properties that may not show when over a mobile.
  • The new item properties now parse properly the refined armor pieces.
  • Imbuing intensity now is an integer number.
  • The durability level on paperdolls now is shown correctly for every open paperdoll.
  • Map window now saves the size through sessions.
  • Fixed a problem where the item properties durability bar goes outside the window area.
  • Fixed a bug with hotbars that cause them to be pushed back on login if the bar is located near the right border of the game window.
  • Legacy item properties now uses the correct scale.
  • Dropping items into the hotbar's backpack action now is like to drop items inside the backpack and won't replace the action with the item.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents to see the option for editing macros on the macros window.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents to show "0%" resistance in certain mobiles.
  • Getting the current target of a mobile with paperdoll (like players) now should load the equipment informations for its properties.
  • Re-introduced the "Best weapon/spellbook" action:
    • This action automatically equip the best weapon/spellbook based on the current target slayers/resistances.
    • If it can't find a proper match it will automatically equip the default one.
    • This action must be inside a macro followed by "Equip Item".
    • This action consider the mobile under your mouse cursor before considering the current target. If you don't have a current target and you are not pointing a mobile, it will automatically equip the default weapon/book.
  • Now paperdoll, target window, status window, TC tools, pet window, mobiles window (and related dockspots), healthbars, map window, server lines window and the chat window, will not snap if you are holding the SHIFT button.
  • The Dye Tub gump can now be scaled.
  • Added the option for the new chat to save the journal. This option will savel the full journal on logout.
  • Added the option to turn off the container type icon (for non grid legacy mode).
  • Disabling the grid legacy mode, now makes the container at the minimum size.
  • Added the action to toggle the Debug Window.
  • The UI Patcher now clean up the user data folder from unused contents.

Pugroc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Pinco , GREAT UI. I have only 1 problem I get connection lost after about 30 seconds after entering the game. Have deleted all profiles, did a complete uninstall and reinstall of both the EC and UI Beta 6, still does it. If I make a new character I have no problems, but if I try to play one of my older ones it does this.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco , GREAT UI. I have only 1 problem I get connection lost after about 30 seconds after entering the game. Have deleted all profiles, did a complete uninstall and reinstall of both the EC and UI Beta 6, still does it. If I make a new character I have no problems, but if I try to play one of my older ones it does this.
this may be fixed on the next version...

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
first off I want to say thank you, I don't think you get enough credit it when it comes to the dedication and time that you put into this UI. And second when Pinco's disappeared after the publish I honestly didn't even like playing the game anymore as I was so accustomed to the look and feel so I am glad to see it back and so far I love a lot of what you did with it. The only thing I noticed is with the animal lore gump...for example when you head out to do some taming and take a greater dragon for instance, when lored it shows its max HP at only 1000, instead of the 2k it used to be...so its throwing off the rating a lot as its seeing HP at 25%/25% all the time

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off I want to say thank you, I don't think you get enough credit it when it comes to the dedication and time that you put into this UI. And second when Pinco's disappeared after the publish I honestly didn't even like playing the game anymore as I was so accustomed to the look and feel so I am glad to see it back and so far I love a lot of what you did with it. The only thing I noticed is with the animal lore gump...for example when you head out to do some taming and take a greater dragon for instance, when lored it shows its max HP at only 1000, instead of the 2k it used to be...so its throwing off the rating a lot as its seeing HP at 25%/25% all the time
that problem happens just because the gump doesn't recognize correctly the tamed between un-tamed creatures, the next version already has the fix for that :)

Kid Chaos

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why not? It was wonderful, and in some cases helpful, being able to have longer pet names than normal.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not as nearly as long as your UI used to allow. Only 16 characters now. Ok, thanks....
16 chars is the maximum for every name, longer names causes a lot of trouble around... besides do you want to write a poem as name? :D

Kid Chaos

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I used to be able with using "I wish to rename into" through your UI create names like
"a cu sidhe pure white rated 4.4"
Now, all I can have is "a cu sidhe 4.4"

I'm gonna ICQ ya ;) .. take this offline

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to be able with using "I wish to rename into" through your UI create names like
"a cu sidhe pure white rated 4.4"
Now, all I can have is "a cu sidhe 4.4"

I'm gonna ICQ ya ;) .. take this offline
well, in that case I can just remove the lenght limit and leave any possible mess to the server :p