• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UI Patcher executable is set to run as admin. I am not having any problems with the UI other than this URI web link not working.
the browsers get the behavior from the windows registry "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pincoui" if the key is not there it will not work. If it's there you can delete it and restart the patcher to re-create it again in case there is something broken.

Certain browsers may also ask to enable the URI (like chrome) and if you said no it will never work...

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give up! Can't get it working in IE, Firefox, or Chrome. The registry key is in Windows. I deleted it and let the UI patcher re-create it, and that did not help. I double-checked that the registry key was pointing to the proper path to EC PlaySound.exe. It was. All browsers are set to allow handling of the pincoui protocol by EC PlaySound.exe. I double-checked this by creating new profiles in each browser and trying the link again, to be sure I said "yes/allow" when the browsers asked. I also checked each browser's settings and all show pincoui to be handled by EC PlaySound. EC PlaySound.exe is set to everyone - full control permissions, and set to run as administrator. It appears to be running properly (as it shows up in Task Manager as using 181MB of memory, and appears to be performing other EC PlaySound features properly in-game.

Oh well! It is not meant to be, and I can't find anybody else using the feature to compare notes. Thanks for trying to help troubleshoot, Pinco!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give up! Can't get it working in IE, Firefox, or Chrome. The registry key is in Windows. I deleted it and let the UI patcher re-create it, and that did not help. I double-checked that the registry key was pointing to the proper path to EC PlaySound.exe. It was. All browsers are set to allow handling of the pincoui protocol by EC PlaySound.exe. I double-checked this by creating new profiles in each browser and trying the link again, to be sure I said "yes/allow" when the browsers asked. I also checked each browser's settings and all show pincoui to be handled by EC PlaySound. EC PlaySound.exe is set to everyone - full control permissions, and set to run as administrator. It appears to be running properly (as it shows up in Task Manager as using 181MB of memory, and appears to be performing other EC PlaySound features properly in-game.

Oh well! It is not meant to be, and I can't find anybody else using the feature to compare notes. Thanks for trying to help troubleshoot, Pinco!
you should check if after you click the link you can find the file "locate.txt" inside the logs folder of the client, if the file is there it could be something else...

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm I do not have a locate.txt file in the logs folder (or anywhere else on my system). The logs folder (and game folder one level higher) do have everyone - full control permissions.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm I do not have a locate.txt file in the logs folder (or anywhere else on my system). The logs folder (and game folder one level higher) do have everyone - full control permissions.
if the browser parse the uri correctly, by clicking it with the game closed it should start ec playsound but not the game.
If you are using win 8 there could be problems because that thing lives in another dimension and I don't know if the registry key will work there :p

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I agree that Win8 lives in another dimension. I can't stand it! :p and yes, of course, I am using Windows 8! I'll try some compatibility modes and see if I can find anything specific to protocol handlers in Win8.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I agree that Win8 lives in another dimension. I can't stand it! :p and yes, of course, I am using Windows 8! I'll try some compatibility modes and see if I can find anything specific to protocol handlers in Win8.
Try to patch, I've added some more registry keys, perhaps it will work on win 8 too. Try to restart the computer after the new patcher have done, just to be sure :p

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco,

Thanks for your work. One question, is it possible to have a "target by type" in macros?

I cannot manage to do a simple thing: converting the logs i have in my backpack to boards... Agents can target by type, but macro cannot?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco,

Thanks for your work. One question, is it possible to have a "target by type" in macros?

I cannot manage to do a simple thing: converting the logs i have in my backpack to boards... Agents can target by type, but macro cannot?

I've added the idea to the list, now you just have to convince the donors to invest the money they donated into this idea :p

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have windows xp, I updated your latest patch and now when i try to run the patcher i get an error that reads:
object reference not set to an instance of an object

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have windows xp, I updated your latest patch and now when i try to run the patcher i get an error that reads:
object reference not set to an instance of an object
now you have to download the patch manually from here in order to fix the problem...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did download the patch manually, I'm still getting the same message when i run the patcher.
it's just the patcher executable, you have to unzip it into the game folder and replace the current one...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco i tried to register on your forum however couldn't, I'm after a way to make people's spells (including my own) be the same colour as whatever they set their chat colour.

Because currently if everyone's spells are the same colour it gets a little confusing, especially when they're the same as my own.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco i tried to register on your forum however couldn't, I'm after a way to make people's spells (including my own) be the same colour as whatever they set their chat colour.

Because currently if everyone's spells are the same colour it gets a little confusing, especially when they're the same as my own.
as said many times read this and no bugs in here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new mini patch is out with the feature requested by skaven:

• Added the "Target by Type" action:
    • This action will work only inside a macro.
    • This action will target a random item of the specified type in your backpack (and sub-containers).
    • This action will also parse the color of the specified type.
  • Added new icons for each type of raw wood and metal.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a new patch to add a feature requested by CorwinXX

• Added the "Export to File" action (under Pinco's UI):
    • This action will export a list of all the accessible items of a targeted container.
    • Except for your backpack, it will only export the sub-container items if you open the sub-containers.
    • All the items properties will be shown on this list.
    • The file name will be told in the chat log.

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a new patch to add a feature requested by CorwinXX

• This action will export a list of all the accessible items of a targeted container.
    • Except for your backpack, it will only export the sub-container items if you open the sub-containers.

What type of file? Excel? CSV? Text? Custom?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is fantastic! Thanks Pinco.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latest mini patch contains few small features financed by sibble:
- A center screen text for the new event when the minax lighthouse became vulnerable
- the support for the new artifacts from minax event for the center screen text
- the option for EC Playsound to "Enable sound for unfocused windows" (available on the EC Playsound context menu).

Enjoy :)

Just a reminder:
there are several ideas that requires funding, so if you have donated money in the past you may consider to use it on one of those ideas. To do so just send me a PM with the email address used for the donation, how much you want to invest and in which idea/s. You can find the ideas waiting for funding here

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, thank you to all who donate!

Pinco when in looking at the descriptions of the blackthorn items, the gump box that pops up gets stuck on my cursor and drags everywhere. I thought it might be a uo bug and posted there, but could it be an issue with the UI?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, thank you to all who donate!

Pinco when in looking at the descriptions of the blackthorn items, the gump box that pops up gets stuck on my cursor and drags everywhere. I thought it might be a uo bug and posted there, but could it be an issue with the UI?
Same here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last patch provide a new feature funded by sibble:
Now if you enable the option "Scavenge All", when you use the object handle it will automatically try to pick up everything in range, otherwise it works only with the items you specify into the agents settings.

zerglurker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a problem with UI setup.

1. Unpacked UO PatcherFull.zip into EC directory.
2. Started UI Patcher.exe.
3. UI Patcher downloads a new version of self.
4. After this i get an error message: "Wrong Path! The UI Patcher and all its files must go in the following directory: D:\Games\...."

What files does it miss or where can i fix path?

P.S. Admin rights are on.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a problem with UI setup.

1. Unpacked UO PatcherFull.zip into EC directory.
2. Started UI Patcher.exe.
3. UI Patcher downloads a new version of self.
4. After this i get an error message: "Wrong Path! The UI Patcher and all its files must go in the following directory: D:\Games\...."

What files does it miss or where can i fix path?

P.S. Admin rights are on.
read the faq

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latest mini patch contains a new small features financed by corwin:
- All the bandages objects and macros that uses bandages on the hotbars will be disabled while you are healing someone (it works for both healing and veterinary)
- The feature can be disabled from the user settings.
- Added a sound when you successfully finish to apply a bandage.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone tried to craft a bottle of Ichor lately? I have the Darkglow Poison and the Spidersilk. The Darkglow is not being detected by the crafting agent, shows none available. I have tried both Darkglow received from Sponge and Darkglow crafted by alchemist.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have not made any for a while I cant log in atm and have alchemy stoned off! I am assuming you have all ingredients in main pack? I wont be able to get in to check till tomorrow!

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, yes I do. Trying to register on PINCO bug site but having an issue there. Seems I can donate atm but not bug report. lol

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the registrations through email are handled manually so if you are in a hurry you should use facebook or twitter to get an automated account instead of email :p

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not in a hurry. Just wasn't sure if it was working properly. I don't facebook or twitter :confused:. All registered now and the posted to the bug site. For those following here I logged in with the standard EC client and was able to craft the ichor, so I don't think it is a buggy character.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last mini patch you will find a small option to disable the new moongate gump funded by Nuxx.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last mini patch you will find a new feature funded by Nuxx: Custom Buffs.

The custom buffs are like normal buffs, but they can have a custom name and cooldown (fully customizable).
To use them, just drag the action (Actions -> Custom Buffs) into a macro/hotbar then type the parameters with the following format: NAME|COOLDOWN. Example: Craft Time|10.0

There are 10 different custom buffs and everyone of them, when it ends, will plays a small sound.
If you trigger the buff again, it will just reset to the initial time.

Enjoy :)

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an issue with the new vendor search. When trying to use the map to "Return to previous location", I get this window:

"A waterstained SOS"
"Please select 'Accept' if you would like to return to <coordinates>. This map will be deleted after use."
"Create Waypoint here?"
[Trammel] [Felucca] [Cancel]

None of the three buttons does return me to my previous location.

When deactivating your UI, it looks normal:

"Please select 'Accept' if you would like to return to <coordinates>. This map will be deleted after use."
[Cancel] [Accept]

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
If you want to get this fixed you should post a bug report on his site or via the EC main menu i believe

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only use his UI on occasion, because for my taste it is way too performance hungry, especially when displaying the item windows/tooltips. So yeah, I can live with this flaw. Just wanted to point it out.
No way, I'm going to create another account on another site. I already have half a zillion account spread across all over the internet.
But I did file a bug report through his UI...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So after almost 3 hrs downloading the 178 meg file (???) Can not open output file, for every file in the zip.....win8..unzipped to correct folder...finally got it to unzip, after launching the UI Patcher, its sitting at 0% Downloading file version....is this no longer updating ? Also getting Page cannot be displayed on the banner, assuming the site is down ?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So after almost 3 hrs downloading the 178 meg file (???) Can not open output file, for every file in the zip.....win8..unzipped to correct folder...finally got it to unzip, after launching the UI Patcher, its sitting at 0% Downloading file version....is this no longer updating ? Also getting Page cannot be displayed on the banner, assuming the site is down ?
no, probably is just your firewall blocking it...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last patch define the 2 new areas: blackthorn dungeon and ararat shipwreck.
Both areas now have their own song and there is also a new theme :)

Unfortunately I was unable to find a singer to make something UO specific for the new theme so I had to use something nice to hear instead :/

scynx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Anybody else having issues with the low hp/low pet hp warnings? Set them both to disabled, but the option for my own hp keeps reseting itself to 70%, but it will display a warning when my pet gets low. Pretty weird and kinda annoying to be honest; nice UI overall though.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As many of you notice, the UI development has been stopped, that's because I'm working with the UO dev team on a new default interface for the client.

So here it is what is going to happen:
When the new interface will be released, the Pinco's UI interface (as it is now) will became obsolete, so I will start to integrate the features into a "new" Pinco's UI that will use the new default as base.

About you:
you will need to make a backup of your character profiles BEFORE the new default is released in order to avoid compatibility issues and when the interface will be released I highly suggest to keep the backups and get rid of all the profiles, so you can have a fully compatible and clean version.

Since the Pinco's UI needs to be reworked, it's time to send your requests! :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As many of you notice, the UI development has been stopped, that's because I'm working with the UO dev team on a new default interface for the client.
This is great news! When can we expect to see this? I cannot wait! Keep up the great work Pinco.