• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you sir, I will check that out. While reinstalling EC client, I noticed the default drive sent it to a games folder in C: drive, not to the x86 folder. I had to do advanced settings to switch it but will see if that is the problem. Thanks for being patient and I will save that link you gave and keep you updated.

Jeffrey
one folder is like the others, you just need to unzip the ui files in the right place...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I need to go to bed and hit this with a clear head. I will re-install the EC client to get a clean slate and try this over again step by step. Sorry I have been difficult but I have been working on this all night. :(

I will give you an update later on today.
I have helped people with a problem like this before. The problem was that they had installed the client into more than one location. If you've installed the client more than once this might be what has happened to you. If this is what you have done you need to uninstall, find all the folders where you've installed the game (not the folders in your "My Documents" folder, those are your character files and you will want to keep those) and delete them. Then reinstall, pay attention to where the game is installed, and unzip the Pinco's UI updater into that folder.

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have helped people with a problem like this before. The problem was that they had installed the client into more than one location. If you've installed the client more than once this might be what has happened to you. If this is what you have done you need to uninstall, find all the folders where you've installed the game (not the folders in your "My Documents" folder, those are your character files and you will want to keep those) and delete them. Then reinstall, pay attention to where the game is installed, and unzip the Pinco's UI updater into that folder.
You were right. When I paid attention where I was installing it, it went to the correct area. Interesting thing is the folder wasn't name C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client, it was named C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced. I moved the files over and ran patcher and everything was cool. Now, victorious, I am off to bed. Thanks to both of you for getting this taken care of so quickly. o/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.8

• The containers now shows the items with a bigger image trying to use as much of the icon space as possible.
  • Now if you drag an item with a quantity greater than 1, will shows the stack instead of the single item.
  • Now if you double click the current target, the overhead name, the healthbar or the object handle of an NPC vendor, it automatically execute the "Buy" action. On bankers, it will automatically open the bankbox.
  • The crystal portal selection now will auto-select the same city when switching group/map (if available in the new category).
  • Fixed a bug with the new item properties layout, now it shows correctly the description of the player vendor containers.
  • The imbuing calculator now shows the item image correctly.
  • Now if you reload the interface, the current target will be restored.
  • The new item properties layout now shows the gorgon lens charges correcly.
  • Improved the moongate gump: now it hides the location that you are unable to go (ex. trial accounts can't go to ter mur).
  • Now the NPC vendors have a search box that allows to easy find the items for sale.
  • The NPC vendors now are "more present" while you are doing shopping.
  • Added the "Imbue Last Property" action: this action allows you to press the "Imbue Last Property" button in the imbuing gump (only if the imbuing menu is open).
  • Added the "Unravel Item" action: this action allows you to press the "Unravel Item" button in the imbuing gump (only if the imbuing menu is open).
  • Added the "Target First Item" action:
    • This action will target the first item inside a container.
    • You must first pick the container current target (like with a stored object action).
    • The first item is NOT the first in the grid, but the first that you put inside (you can see it in list view mode).
    • You must open the container before using this action.
  • Now if you resize the game area, it will be correctly saved and not used for other characters instead of their saved version.
  • Fixed a memory leak that cause lag after using legacy gumps.
  • Added a new map tool: the Compass.
    • Through the context menu on the map window, now you can "Magnetize Compass". By doing that, the compass appears and the needle will start pointing toward the selected location.
    • Under the compass you will be able to see the distance between you and the selected location.
    • The red part of the needle is the right way to go.
    • The more you get near the magnetized location, the more the needle will start shaking. When the distance is 0, the needle starts to spin randomly.
    • The compass DO NOT works through different maps. If you (or your target) changes map, you lose the target.
  • Added the Crafting Assistant:
    • This tool replace all the crafting tools default gumps.
    • To craft something just type the name or the skill name (or part of it) and it will show all the items that match the criteria.
    • At every search (ultil you reset it), you will add more criteria (the same way used for the container search).
    • Every item found will shows the required materials and every materials shows its required materials, so if you have the required skills you can craft all without manually search for every piece required.
    • Every item found have 3 buttons: Make, Make Number and Make Max that allow you to quickly make the item in whatever amount you may need. If you break the tool you still nedd to press again the button (like with the defaults gump).
    • Every craftable item in list (also craftable materials), shows the "Craftable amt." value that represents the maximum amount of that ite craftable with the materials currently available in your materials container.
    • Every item has their respective image (also the deed items).
    • The item search provide the following options (accessible with the green round button):
      • Show Materials: allows to see the list of items without the related materials.
      • Show Sub-Materials: shows the materials to craft an item, but NOT the materials to craft the materials.
      • Show Items with 0% success: this allows you to show/hide the items that currently you cannot create because you have 0% chance.
      • Enable Search By Skill: this allows you to enter a skill name in the searchbox and find all the items that requires that skill.
      • Active Skill items ONLY: this option limit the search to the active skill items, very usefull for skills like inscription where you can limit the search to find only certain scrolls (for example the magery ones).
    • The tool provide the default buttons of the craft gumps on the bottom. All those buttons are related to the active skill.
    • The "Settings" button, allow you to set the default crafting option for the active skill (mark and quest marking).
    • The "Settings" button provide a way to set the default tools and materials containers (for all skills).
    • The "Settings" button can be used to set what kind of tool use, if runic or normal.
    • All the data shown in the Crafting Assistant (success chance, materials amount, craftable amount, tool charges and skill level) are updated in real time.
    • The main materials color (wood, metal, scales, leather and stone), will vary based on what material has been chosen on the skill related to the item that requires such material.
    • You must change the material on each skill at least once or it will stay as "Unknown".
    • The search results are capped to 100 in order to avoid performance issues.
    • All the materials NOT craftable, will provide the information on where to find them.
    • The button "Last 15" shows the last 15 items made (among all skills).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I patched, and performance went 100% downhill on my rather older laptop.
It chokes every two or three steps. :(
To drag items from my backpack I need to click, hold the button down for about one second and then move the item.
Text input for the chat is also suffering a lot and so is mouse movement. It simply stops after I move it a bit and then resumes moving. :/

Edit: Also, it resized my game window to 3/4 of the size it was. I had to resize it for all my character.

Last edited:

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I patched, and performance went 100% downhill on my rather older laptop.
It chokes every two or three steps. :(
To drag items from my backpack I need to click, hold the button down for about one second and then move the item.
Text input for the chat is also suffering a lot and so is mouse movement. It simply stops after I move it a bit and then resumes moving. :/

Edit: Also, it resized my game window to 3/4 of the size it was. I had to resize it for all my character.
I am having all the same issue and I agree, this update to Pinco's is so bad that my friends and I decided to stop using Pinco UI and try to get by using the normal Enhanced Client Interface until it is reverted back to how it was, or performance is improved greatly so it is worth using again.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am having all the same issue and I agree, this update to Pinco's is so bad that my friends and I decided to stop using Pinco UI and try to get by using the normal Enhanced Client Interface until it is reverted back to how it was, or performance is improved greatly so it is worth using again.
patience we working with pinco in another thread trying to figure out whats causing it,

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm totally unable to replicate this lag, make sure you are using the latest version of the client, perhaps the devs have changed something...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an update for the ones who missed the previous episodes:

- 6 mini patches has been released fixing various problems (the lag is one of them)
- there could still be several problems with the new crafting assistant (report it at once when you find them)
- you can't go back to the legacy gumps (at least for now), explore the new crafting assistant and learn to use it before asking to go back :p
- the container bigger items has been removed because they were ugly, I will probably try another way to make them bigger in the next releases...
- if you try to chop down random piece of code you cripple the UI, so DO NOT do that unless you know what are you doing :D

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, the last minipatch added a button that shows the missing recipes for the active skill of the Crafting Assistant, and also improve the performance of the tool A LOT :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another mini-patch is out, and with the help of the japanese people I've been able to add and fix various things in the Crafting Assistant. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't like the crafting gump because sometimes I am not sure what the name of what I want to make is. Sometimes I like to just look thru what's available... and then decide what I want to make.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't like the crafting gump because sometimes I am not sure what the name of what I want to make is. Sometimes I like to just look thru what's available... and then decide what I want to make.
are you sure you are using the last version?
there are also the categories by some patches now...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another addition from the last mini patch that should interest to several people:

Now if you open a bulk order book and put the mouse over a bod type, you'll get the reward info without removing it from the book.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last mini-patch I've implemented a new algorythm to search items in the backpack (sub-containers included!). Thanks to this addition, the Crafting Assistant DO NOT requires anymore to select tools and materials containers.
There could be issues with that, so let me know if you find any problem :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just when I think there's nothing more you can do to improve your UI... :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just when I think there's nothing more you can do to improve your UI... :)
The Crafting Assistant stills need some refinements, that's why many japanese players are asking an option to turn it off...
I still hope to make them happy in order to keep the new system as the only one, because if I add the option the Crafting Assistant will be surely forget :(

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You shouldn't be afraid of giving your fans choices. Different people like different things, and I very much doubt that any of your hard work has been wasted. You told me once that your icons were a waste. They certainly weren't for me, I love them. It took me a while to get used to the new item tooltip, but again, I love it now. I think your new Crafting Assistant rocks, and you will get the kinks worked out, and even if you give people a choice, your work won't be wasted. There are plenty that will realize how good it is.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You shouldn't be afraid of giving your fans choices. Different people like different things, and I very much doubt that any of your hard work has been wasted. You told me once that your icons were a waste. They certainly weren't for me, I love them. It took me a while to get used to the new item tooltip, but again, I love it now. I think your new Crafting Assistant rocks, and you will get the kinks worked out, and even if you give people a choice, your work won't be wasted. There are plenty that will realize how good it is.
yes, that's true, but if I give them a choice I just decimate all the chance to get it working as it should :D
In fact until the japanese uses the Crafting Assistant I keep getting a lot of good ideas and bug reports :p

I had to load manually the 1079 craftable items + all the materials separately and personally I could only test a small portion of that, so in this system I really need a LOT of people testing in order to make sure it's working fine :)

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Ehm Pinco, why did you change the imbuing cap to 550 for exceptional? Did I miss something?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehm Pinco, why did you change the imbuing cap to 550 for exceptional? Did I miss something?
publish 81:
Imbuing base intensity caps have been increased up to 550 for two handed melee weapon and up to 500 for bows and crossbows.
that change on the UI still not complete, I still have to check the weapon type but in the meantime allows to try the new changes :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI: I've updated the container search with the new algorythm that search in sub-containers, so now you can use it on player vendors to search things faster :)

To read all the changes made from the 5.8 to the latest version, you can read this page

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome! Now I can go through my many bod books from idocs I've been hoarding too see what the rewards are!
I'm not into bods do I don't know the bod system will enough to guess myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, since people seems scared to register to my site to report bugs, I've done this:

Now you can send bug reports through the "Bug Report" window (accessible from the game main menu) and by selecting "Pinco's UI" as bug type. NOTE: it requires EC PlaySound running.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the last mini patch improve the crafting speed, now it should be much faster :D

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone put up a mirror for pinco's files, I have tried to install using his patcher like 3 times with no luck. I also am trying to download the full patcher but it has timed out 2 times already and it is like a 4-6 hour wasted download every time. I see that the patcher is downloading a lot of mp3 I don't play uo with the music on or really even listen to the sound effects so would I really need all those mp3 that are in this UI?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone put up a mirror for pinco's files, I have tried to install using his patcher like 3 times with no luck. I also am trying to download the full patcher but it has timed out 2 times already and it is like a 4-6 hour wasted download every time. I see that the patcher is downloading a lot of mp3 I don't play uo with the music on or really even listen to the sound effects so would I really need all those mp3 that are in this UI?
yes, the mp3 are needed, and you should use the extended edition in order to reduce the download times. If you have trouble to download it from google drive, perhaps I can try dropbox....

PixelPoint

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Your site isn't accepting any new members so I cannot post there.
Search for missing recipe doesn't return all the missing recipes. It only shows one at a time or none at all.
Recipe items still need to be labeled like in the classic system.
Crafting window crashes sometimes when switching crafts. When it crashes the tool type gets "locked" and will not function but other skill tools will function but they open the old style. Example: I use a saw for carpentry but switch to sewing kit for tailoring. Crafting window crashes and when clicking on sewing kit, window will not open, but if smith hammer is clicked the old crafting window opens.

An option to have a check box filter would be nice. Like if I only want to see craftable arties or I only want to see recipe items or if I want to see only default items, etc.

Also, mouse scroll to re-size window and fade window do not work together.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your site isn't accepting any new members so I cannot post there.
Search for missing recipe doesn't return all the missing recipes. It only shows one at a time or none at all.
Recipe items still need to be labeled like in the classic system.
Crafting window crashes sometimes when switching crafts. When it crashes the tool type gets "locked" and will not function but other skill tools will function but they open the old style. Example: I use a saw for carpentry but switch to sewing kit for tailoring. Crafting window crashes and when clicking on sewing kit, window will not open, but if smith hammer is clicked the old crafting window opens.

An option to have a check box filter would be nice. Like if I only want to see craftable arties or I only want to see recipe items or if I want to see only default items, etc.

Also, mouse scroll to re-size window and fade window do not work together.

you must read the warnings. No bugs report here...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.878
  • Added the new Ikea... I mean King’s Collection Theme Pack items support.
  • Added an alert feature for quantity on the hotbar item's slot. It must be enabled manually with the context menu and will highlight in red when the quantity falls under 20 units. The red color became more intense when is near 0.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completely new to trying this UI so just a couple questions please :

Been playing with this the last few days & was wondering how to determine what version of Pinco's I'm running? I DLed it years ago. If I'm going to try using it, I'd like it to be the latest version.

Also, if I have bindings, macros, and preferences all set up is there a way to import them into any newer version I may have to DL? Id rather not have to go through hours of setup.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT : :lol: Ok, just DLed the patcher & apparently I'm 237MB behind the latest version.
I'll be trying the new Pinco's sometime next week. I'm sure its worth the wait :).
Anyone know if I'll have to reset/redo everything when this gets done DLing?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completely new to trying this UI so just a couple questions please :

Been playing with this the last few days & was wondering how to determine what version of Pinco's I'm running? I DLed it years ago. If I'm going to try using it, I'd like it to be the latest version.

Also, if I have bindings, macros, and preferences all set up is there a way to import them into any newer version I may have to DL? Id rather not have to go through hours of setup.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT : :lol: Ok, just DLed the patcher & apparently I'm 237MB behind the latest version.
I'll be trying the new Pinco's sometime next week. I'm sure its worth the wait :).
Anyone know if I'll have to reset/redo everything when this gets done DLing?
to be sure it works, just regenerate your character profile.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.9

• The UI now has a web URI that can be used to send messages to the game. The URI is: pincoui
  • The URI now supports the locate parameter.
    • It can be used with the following syntax: -locate -x <x position> -y <y position> -facet <facet id> -shard <shard name> -name <optional npc/item name to filter>.
      example:
      pincoui: -locate -x 3532 -y 2604 -facet 0 -shard Europa -name pinco
    • When triggered on the web and EC PlaySound is not active, it will be started.
    • When triggered on the web and EC PlaySound is active, it will shows the compass magnetized to the position and a marker on the map in the location. Also if the name has been specified, it will apply the object handle filter for that name.
    • Closing the compass will remove the map marker and the object handle filter.
  • The compass now, when the target is in another map, will point to the nearest moongate and tells you in which map the target is.
  • Fixed a bug into the Crafting Assistant that prevents to see certain tooltips.
  • Updated the Crafting Assistant cliloc.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents the character sheet to get the right amount of gold in the player bank box.
Thanks to this new feature, sites like stratics, uo guide, etc... may use the pincoui links to help the players locate an NPC for quests for example or a quest item, or you could simply send a link of your house to a friend and the compass will lead him directly to the right spot :)

For testing here it is the first link on the TC:

LINK

This new protocol also open the path to several other features for the game < - > web communications.

EDIT: it seems the stratics forum is unable to parse the link correctly because it adds "http://" so I linked an external page to testing it....

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here it is the new development policy that will mainly change the way new ideas will be treated.
Basically donators will have the right to invest the donated money into an idea that is waiting for funding, so there will be the feeling of having something concrete for the money spent :)

Also all the one who donated 100+$ to the project will get their name into the game credits :)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a guide for the web URI feature? I've got the latest Pinco's UI running on EC, on a character with ECPlaySound on. I'm clicking the URI link and I can't seem to get it to do anything (even with the http protocol removed from the link).

I'm guessing the location should become pinpointed on my in-game map. Is that correct?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a guide for the web URI feature? I've got the latest Pinco's UI running on EC, on a character with ECPlaySound on. I'm clicking the URI link and I can't seem to get it to do anything (even with the http protocol removed from the link).

I'm guessing the location should become pinpointed on my in-game map. Is that correct?

Any ideas? Thanks!
yes, the location is the innkeeper of Luna in the test center :)
If you are in the right shard, the compass will activate.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, the location is the innkeeper of Luna in the test center :)
If you are in the right shard, the compass will activate.

Thanks, Pinco! It doesn't seem to be working for me (though I'm likely doing something wrong). I'm logged on to Test Center 1. I have ECPlaySound enabled. I've tried the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. Firefox asked me to set the path to ECPlaySound.exe, so I browsed to it within Program Files and set that as the program to handle the URI link. Once that was set, upon clicking the link, nothing happens in-game. I closed my Map and returned to the browser to click the link again. The map did not spawn, nor did the location of the map change. (I'm standing in front of the bank in New Haven).

I relocated to Luna and clicked the test link again. It did nothing from Firefox or from Chrome. My map did not change. I tried setting the map both centered on player and not centered on player, to no avail.

If there's any other info I could provide that might help in troubleshooting, just let me know! Thanks! This feature seems like it could be very useful to use on web sites to link to various UO locations in-game.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Pinco! It doesn't seem to be working for me (though I'm likely doing something wrong). I'm logged on to Test Center 1. I have ECPlaySound enabled. I've tried the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. Firefox asked me to set the path to ECPlaySound.exe, so I browsed to it within Program Files and set that as the program to handle the URI link. Once that was set, upon clicking the link, nothing happens in-game. I closed my Map and returned to the browser to click the link again. The map did not spawn, nor did the location of the map change. (I'm standing in front of the bank in New Haven).

I relocated to Luna and clicked the test link again. It did nothing from Firefox or from Chrome. My map did not change. I tried setting the map both centered on player and not centered on player, to no avail.

If there's any other info I could provide that might help in troubleshooting, just let me know! Thanks! This feature seems like it could be very useful to use on web sites to link to various UO locations in-game.
I mainly use chrome so I doubt is a browser problem.
Try to click the link with the game closed, it should open EC Playsound in background, if it doesn't probably there is a problem with EC playsound that has no administrator rights or the read/write rights of the game folder. So just force EC Playsound to always run as administrator and set the game folder and subfolder rights for everyone to full control.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No luck.

EC PlaySound was not set to run as administrator, so I updated that. Restarted everything, logged into Test Center 1, clicked the test link, and nothing happened. I checked my processes, and EC PlaySound was indeed running (and it works - I tried changing my music settings to the old music then back to the new EC PlaySound music, and that worked fine).

I exited UO and set the game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced to Everyone: full control and confirmed that subfolders inherited those permissions. They did. I restarted the game, logged in, hit the link in my browser, and nothing.

I then tried my own link on my home shard (Atlantic) to see if I could get it to locate my vendor. I tried:
pincoui: -locate -x 782 -y 1151 -facet 4 -shard atlantic -name Battle Chicken Goods

Nothing happened. Double-checked that EC PlaySound was still running - it was. I double-checked that EC PlaySound had everyone set to full control. It did. I tried the link above without the -name option (in case the spaces in the vendor name were causing issues). No luck.

For fun, I tried setting EC PlaySound to XP SP3 compatibility mode. Restarted UO. No luck. (I'm running Windows 8 64 bit. EC PlaySound shows up as a 32 bit process).

Rebooted the entire computer, just in case one of the changes didn't take. No luck.

I checked in the browser to make sure that the pincoui URI was set to open in EC PlaySound. It is.

I'm running out of ideas! :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No luck.

EC PlaySound was not set to run as administrator, so I updated that. Restarted everything, logged into Test Center 1, clicked the test link, and nothing happened. I checked my processes, and EC PlaySound was indeed running (and it works - I tried changing my music settings to the old music then back to the new EC PlaySound music, and that worked fine).

I exited UO and set the game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced to Everyone: full control and confirmed that subfolders inherited those permissions. They did. I restarted the game, logged in, hit the link in my browser, and nothing.

I then tried my own link on my home shard (Atlantic) to see if I could get it to locate my vendor. I tried:
pincoui: -locate -x 782 -y 1151 -facet 4 -shard atlantic -name Battle Chicken Goods

Nothing happened. Double-checked that EC PlaySound was still running - it was. I double-checked that EC PlaySound had everyone set to full control. It did. I tried the link above without the -name option (in case the spaces in the vendor name were causing issues). No luck.

For fun, I tried setting EC PlaySound to XP SP3 compatibility mode. Restarted UO. No luck. (I'm running Windows 8 64 bit. EC PlaySound shows up as a 32 bit process).

Rebooted the entire computer, just in case one of the changes didn't take. No luck.

I checked in the browser to make sure that the pincoui URI was set to open in EC PlaySound. It is.

I'm running out of ideas! :)

First of all the UI patcher must always be run as administrator since it's the one that applies the registry key necessary for the whole system to work.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UI Patcher executable is set to run as admin. I am not having any problems with the UI other than this URI web link not working.