• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pincos UI and the now-not-supported UOC

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two basic questions that likely would have saved me a big headache today:

Where should the Pinco's files be extracted?

In UOC, where should the MapWindows.lua file be copied?

I run Windows 7, 64 bit. I am running the DirectX9, etc. that I am supposed to be running. I am running the enhanced client. My character data files are located in C:\My Documents\EA Games. The program files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this. I went to Pinco's website to see if I could ask the question there, but I could not find anyplace to ask questions - all 'threads' are closed. After unsuccessfully installing/uninstalling/reinstalling these programs to get things running properly, even after doing a System Restore to try and revert back to where I was last night, I finally had to throw up my hands and completely uninstall everythings, including UO. I'm now reinstalling UO and I would like to try Pinco's and UOC again - but only if I can figure out exactly how to install them.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two basic questions that likely would have saved me a big headache today:

Where should the Pinco's files be extracted?

In UOC, where should the MapWindows.lua file be copied?

I run Windows 7, 64 bit. I am running the DirectX9, etc. that I am supposed to be running. I am running the enhanced client. My character data files are located in C:\My Documents\EA Games. The program files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this. I went to Pinco's website to see if I could ask the question there, but I could not find anyplace to ask questions - all 'threads' are closed. After unsuccessfully installing/uninstalling/reinstalling these programs to get things running properly, even after doing a System Restore to try and revert back to where I was last night, I finally had to throw up my hands and completely uninstall everythings, including UO. I'm now reinstalling UO and I would like to try Pinco's and UOC again - but only if I can figure out exactly how to install them.
The patcher must be extracted in the game folder (DO NOT USE SUB FOLDERS). So all files must go inside: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced

You don't need to use MapWindows.lua, UOC is already supported by the UI without using that file.

When the UI Patcher is in the right folder, just start it and it will take care of the installation :)

If you want to post on my site you must be registerd :p

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you *so* much for that info! Yeah, I think I screwed things up when I started trying to figure out where to put that MapWindows.lua file.