• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco New Crafting Interface vs Old Interface

Do you like the New Pinco Crafting Interface?

• What? I am not a crafter, What New Interface?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since 5.8 if you install Pinco you are forced to use his New Crafting Interface. I know some people do not like the new interface either due to layout, problems with it, or they just like the old style.

Currently Pinco has no plans of changing it back to the old style or even adding a toggle option to use it.
I know Pinco UI is his own project and he has the right to make it however he wants but I feel the new crafting interface was a step backwards in his project and I would at least like a way to turn it off.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since 5.8 if you install Pinco you are forced to use his New Crafting Interface. I know some people do not like the new interface either due to layout, problems with it, or they just like the old style.

Currently Pinco has no plans of changing it back to the old style or even adding a toggle option to use it.
I know Pinco UI is his own project and he has the right to make it however he wants but I feel the new crafting interface was a step backwards in his project and I would at least like a way to turn it off.
instead of turning it off, just say what's wrong with it.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or they are simply to lazy to learn a new system. Go play with it, give it a chance, learn its features. If you take the time to learn it, you may like it. Or you can go run the EC client on its own, or build your own interface.

Thank you Pinco for all that you do to enhance your interface. It took me a while to cross over, many hours of friends pushing me, wish I had done so sooner.

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Or they are simply to lazy to learn a new system. Go play with it, give it a chance, learn its features.
Your response makes it sound like people have an option to not learn the new system, or the option of not playing with it. That is one of the problems with the new crafting system. There is no way to toggle it off. Personally I have invested many hours crafting using the new system, I still use it, but I do not like it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your response makes it sound like people have an option to not learn the new system, or the option of not playing with it. That is one of the problems with the new crafting system. There is no way to toggle it off. Personally I have invested many hours crafting using the new system, I still use it, but I do not like it.
and still you don't know why you don't like it :p

A guy told me that he doesn't like it becase it is black instead of gray for example...

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Overall i like the new UI, like anything, yes there will be bugs, but that is no reason to not "like" it. Pinco is one person and can only do so much alone. However, with that said, Pinco is also extremely fast at fixing/updating any bugs reported.

As far as what I would like, the "look" to resemble more of the new NPC vendor window, but that is just a wish, and in no way makes me not "like" the Crafting UI.

The fact one can now simply search for something makes it supurior to anything else in the crafting system. For example, to make fuse cords i simply search Fuse and BAM it pops up, i click make max etc. Plus it shows you what materials you need and how many you have in your pack etc. I do not know what there is not to "like" about it.

It sounds more of a refusal to learn it, which in itself doesnt make sense since it is literally a thirty second learning curve.

Im not trying to bash you or attack your post or thoughts, but really what do you not "like", which is still somethign you havnt said.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I've been having trouble with the search bar, some things do not come up, for instance when making cannon materials, I searched for heavy powder load and it would not find it.. If I just put in partial text, will it search that way?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I provided two options, but I guess they both were a bit extreme. Does uo give you options on its general interface screens?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I've been having trouble with the search bar, some things do not come up, for instance when making cannon materials, I searched for heavy powder load and it would not find it.. If I just put in partial text, will it search that way?
make sure you are using the latest UI version, then what languages are you using?
I know this could happen with chinese and japanese because a symbol is a whole name and 2 symbols mean another thing so the partial search is useless for that languages.

But if you are using english, just type "heavy powder" and it will pop out, so yes it takes partial text :p
(btw it's not "heavy powder load", but "havy powder charge")

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure I put charge in lol, no clue why I said load. I'm using latest version, and English. Ill check again after I'm done my mib run. And I love the last 15 button, that's the best feature!!!

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Im not trying to bash you or attack your post or thoughts, but really what do you not "like", which is still somethign you havnt said.
I never mentioned what I liked and did not like about it because the topic is about if you like/dislike the crafting interface as a whole like is now with its pro's and con's helping you decide and make your choice.

The original poll is not "What can we change to make it better.", Even though it asks people to submit there ideas on improving it if they think it is worth keeping.

Maybe I was trusting people too much by providing the "Yes, I like the interface but lets make it better by posting suggestions option." I could have easily made the option "No, I do not like the interface, but it can be fixed." or just simply a Yes or No opinion poll without wishing to hear feedback. I was trying to give people the extra option there of saying Yes without actually marking the NO box if they were undecided or it could be altered.

If some wish's to make there decision purely on the color, layout, or other issue and check the "No" box that is totally up to them. I am not a decorative person that fills my house with bunch of decorations, but that should not mean I think all deco should be removed from the game. I just value goods that serve a purpose higher then looks. It does not invalidate my opinion.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more I use it, the better I like it :)
Some parts I wish the text was a little bit bigger.
Looking at this screen print, you appear to have used Verdana? I have copied some in a font called Calibri. The Verdana 'Brilliant Amber Bracelet' matched up as font size 8, bold. The Calibri below it is font size 11 - Likewise the 'Tinkering 75%' craft_text.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more I use it, the better I like it :)
Some parts I wish the text was a little bit bigger.
Looking at this screen print, you appear to have used Verdana? I have copied some in a font called Calibri. The Verdana 'Brilliant Amber Bracelet' matched up as font size 8, bold. The Calibri below it is font size 11 - Likewise the 'Tinkering 75%' View attachment 13861
actually the window is scaled by default, that's why you see the font little... you should scale it up to get the real size :p

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never mentioned what I liked and did not like about it because the topic is about if you like/dislike the crafting interface as a whole like is now with its pro's and con's helping you decide and make your choice.
Sure, but if your going to make a comment such as this:

Then the inquiring public, and I'm sure Pinco at the very least, would like to know what YOU don't like about it that you feel it is a "step backwards" as you yourself put it. I can see wanting to get others opinions, as a developer I would want others opinions, but if your going to start a poll/opinion thread such as this, have the decency to give reasoning behind your opinion, otherwise it is entirely useless to Pinco, as he would not know what you would like to see changed/removed/improved for you to not think its a "step backwards".

Keep up the good work Pinco!

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sure, but if your going to make a comment such as this:

Then the inquiring public, and I'm sure Pinco at the very least, would like to know what YOU don't like about it that you feel it is a "step backwards" as you yourself put it. I can see wanting to get others opinions, as a developer I would want others opinions, but if your going to start a poll/opinion thread such as this, have the decency to give reasoning behind your opinion, otherwise it is entirely useless to Pinco, as he would not know what you would like to see changed/removed/improved for you to not think its a "step backwards".
!
My biggest issue with it is the fact you can not toggle it on and off in the options like everything else.

I usually craft things by the hundreds and have no need for the toolbag feature, that just creates extra weight on my character to carry all my tools in one bag.

It works great most of the time, but it does have it problems. For example, When I use a sewiing kit to make a Tunic, It puts the tunic with the sewing skill on the bottom under the blacksmithing tunics. Have you tried to use the search feature to make a exceptional "Ring". Multiple times when I search it mixes in the other skills craftables instead of limiting it to the tool I am using.

I know the interface is scalable, but when its scaled to same size as the old interface things are hard to read for me. This means that I have to make it bigger then the old interface, which to me blocks more of my room to work.

The highlight colors on the active color on the last thing used, be it tools, bags, and ect is bothersome to me becuase I have my bags color coded and it changes the color when I click on them.

Then there is the more insignificant things, like the actual layout where the search bar is, where the success rate shows. I liked it much more when the search and material type was on top, but since it was suggested to be moved to the bottom, Pinco moved it and there has no intention of moving it back.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My biggest issue with it is the fact you can not toggle it on and off in the options like everything else.

I usually craft things by the hundreds and have no need for the toolbag feature, that just creates extra weight on my character to carry all my tools in one bag.
The toolbag and materials bag are gone by some time now, it picks tools and materials inside the backpack and sub-containers automatically....

It works great most of the time, but it does have it problems. For example, When I use a sewiing kit to make a Tunic, It puts the tunic with the sewing skill on the bottom under the blacksmithing tunics. Have you tried to use the search feature to make a exceptional "Ring". Multiple times when I search it mixes in the other skills craftables instead of limiting it to the tool I am using.
There is an option to search only items with the active skill (Settings -> Options -> Active Skill Items ONLY).

I know the interface is scalable, but when its scaled to same size as the old interface things are hard to read for me. This means that I have to make it bigger then the old interface, which to me blocks more of my room to work.
find a better idea for a compact layout then :p

The highlight colors on the active color on the last thing used, be it tools, bags, and ect is bothersome to me becuase I have my bags color coded and it changes the color when I click on them.
This has always been around and has nothing to do with the crafting tool....

Then there is the more insignificant things, like the actual layout where the search bar is, where the success rate shows. I liked it much more when the search and material type was on top, but since it was suggested to be moved to the bottom, Pinco moved it and there has no intention of moving it back.
as I said, you have to talk with the japanese people and find a common ground about that, I can't keep moving things up and down... Japanese seems too lazy to move the mouse cursor up to search/switch materials and down to click buttons, but occidental people want it to looks nice.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has always been around and has nothing to do with the crafting tool....

Strangely the highlighting disappeared for a while and returned with the Crafting UI patches.

:) Either way it is something that was there the majority of the time.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after logging in two days ago for the first time in a while and thinking WTF with the crafting menu,

I havent had time to learn it fully yet, but i was able to type "oil" into the search bar and found it easy to make oil cloths!!

ive not yet voted as ive not spent enough time to test, but either way, thank you pinco for yet more updates!! :D

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's taken a bit getting used to. It threw me for a loop when I couldn't get smithy to detect my tool unless I had the hammer equipped. :p Sometimes it doesn't detect my crafting tools (it's sporadic and hard to reproduce, I always launch the updater so I usually have latest version) A few suggestions- Make the crafting UI customize-able with color. Personally, I'd rather the crafting UI to match the vendor menu, but others might. Maybe have it take a background from the mini texture pack settings? (Which since latest update I cannot scroll down to change >.<)

If I come up with more ideas, I will make sure to post!
Thank you again, Pinco!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's taken a bit getting used to. It threw me for a loop when I couldn't get smithy to detect my tool unless I had the hammer equipped. :p Sometimes it doesn't detect my crafting tools (it's sporadic and hard to reproduce, I always launch the updater so I usually have latest version)
it picks automatically the equipped tool, but it's possible that I miss the ID of some tool, that's why it doesn't find it. If you find which tool is, just give me the type id so I will add it.

A few suggestions- Make the crafting UI customize-able with color. Personally, I'd rather the crafting UI to match the vendor menu, but others might. Maybe have it take a background from the mini texture pack settings? (Which since latest update I cannot scroll down to change >.<)
it can't take the background from the mini texture pack, and the vendor background is a shop so it's nice to see with the vendor paperdoll image but it doesn't work without it :D

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a lot of sigs saying "Use the EC, we have cookies! etc, etc, " I downloaded based on one of those sigs as I had been stuck in my CC ways for years ad years I didn't like EC much but stuck with it... Guess what... there were no cookies!!! oh wait! yes there is!!!! its Pinco's UI! the new crafting menu took me all of about 3 hours to get used to. Personally I think he whole UI including the crafting interface is awesome! I have cast my vote and I appreciate that everyone has their own views but I believe its well designed, well thoughtout and it works for me. I changed user settings so search only includes active skill and I will never go back to CC now...

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, would it be hard to show the item description when you cursor over the item? Some of the new craftables have values that I want to see, mostly the bows, but not exclusively.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, would it be hard to show the item description when you cursor over the item? Some of the new craftables have values that I want to see, mostly the bows, but not exclusively.
what kind of description?

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive just voted that it is an improvement, now that ive had a good play with it.

I like the format and the information layout,

Only issue ive found so far is switching betweeb skills can cause it to hang,

Example, make oil cloth, then search "lock" for lockpick, or use last 15 button, select to make lockpick, the message crafting the item appears but nothing happens, closing the craft window and then oppening it again then prompt the item to be made.

Question. Once you have used search in the craft menu, is there any way to return to the main menu 'the item category menu' ??

Otherwise its lovely

Thanks again pinco :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive just voted that it is an improvement, now that ive had a good play with it.

I like the format and the information layout,

Only issue ive found so far is switching betweeb skills can cause it to hang,

Example, make oil cloth, then search "lock" for lockpick, or use last 15 button, select to make lockpick, the message crafting the item appears but nothing happens, closing the craft window and then oppening it again then prompt the item to be made.

Question. Once you have used search in the craft menu, is there any way to return to the main menu 'the item category menu' ??

Otherwise its lovely

Thanks again pinco :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
the red X button to reset the search also return to the category list :)

Like on the CC menu it shows what attributes the weapon or quiver possesses, I know it's trivial, but sometimes I need to see that info.
there is no such feature in the old gump... and adding it requires to add manually all the data for every item, perhaps when I'm in the mood for huge data entry I will do that :p

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, come to think of it, I never crafted in the EC prior to the new gump, for whatever reason it never showed my percentages so I always crafted in the CC. Oh well, no turning back now..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, come to think of it, I never crafted in the EC prior to the new gump, for whatever reason it never showed my percentages so I always crafted in the CC. Oh well, no turning back now..
the success chance is already visible if is what you mean...