• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Physical server locations

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know where the East Coast and European servers are physically located now?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the East Coast Servers are with BS. West Coast is Redwood City just south of San Fran.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think the East Coast Servers are with BS. West Coast is Redwood City just south of San Fran.
Redwood City seems to be spot on.

For what it's worth, I tried to further narrow down the datacenter locations with some latency measurements, since Amazon seems to be pretty secretive about precise datacenter locations within a certain region.

West Coast: between SF and Santa Clara (@Lord Frodo Do you know the precise locations of the us-west-1 datacenters? :eyes:)

East Coast & Login: Ashburn, VA (us-east-1, "closer than 1ms")

Europe: Dublin area (Ireland, eu-west-1)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Redwood City seems to be spot on.

For what it's worth, I tried to further narrow down the datacenter locations with some latency measurements, since Amazon seems to be pretty secretive about precise datacenter locations within a certain region.

West Coast: between SF and Santa Clara (@Lord Frodo Do you know the precise locations of the us-west-1 datacenters? :eyes:)

East Coast & Login: Ashburn, VA (us-east-1, "closer than 1ms")

Europe: Dublin area (Ireland, eu-west-1)
Electronic Arts
Address: 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA 94065

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If I'm not mistaken, most of the US Eastcoast servers are in Virginia/Maryland area and European severs are in Ireland.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Electronic Arts
Address: 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA 94065
erm... that is the EA HQ address, but thanks anyway. The UO servers are not hosted by EA anymore - they have been outsourced to Amazon datacenters back in 2011.

There is an Amazon datacenter in Palo Alto, CA, though. Close enough to Redwood City...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
erm... that is the EA HQ address, but thanks anyway. The UO servers are not hosted by EA anymore - they have been outsourced to Amazon datacenters back in 2011.

There is an Amazon datacenter in Palo Alto, CA, though. Close enough to Redwood City...
I thought Amazon was just hosting the info but not the physical servers themselves with the main program, this is the way it was when it was located in LA, Ca.