• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets Vanishing

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I logged in today on a character that had two fighters and a pack horse with gm skills, tamed and skill trained before the new publish was implemented. I'm in my house and my packhorse seems to be missing, but it still shows me as having five followers. So I log out and log back in and now the followers drop down to 4. No pack horse to be found. I check the stables and no luck. One of my guildmates had mentioned something about losing a pre-publish pet as well. Has anyone else had this issue? Is the system doing some sort of control slot check which is causing pets to vanish?

To add, I talked to my guildmate again and his situation was he had a cu who died while fighting that just vanished as if it weren't bonded.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The only time I have had that exact issue is when I left something in the pack animal. That makes it to where the animal can not be "auto stabled" and it stands there and goes wild after a while. Did ya have anything in the packie?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm sure the pack was empty. The last time I logged into this character, I was cycling through the characters on the account to get the swans. If there was something in the packhorse, my other characters would've seen it standing in the house.

Another story which came up in our discussions on Pacific General Chat, another shard mate had a pet go missing. They paged a GM to locate it and the GM said they found it on the body of the player (they had died apparently). It sounds crazy but maybe a detail like this could help the Devs track down what might be going on....

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For these situations, would it possibly, in the future, be worthwhile to consider pet linking? I am bad at that myself and always wanted to get one link per pet, but I think they might help when you have the control slot(s) visible.

I am not sure if it would help now, however. :/