• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets to use and things to hunt at 90-100 skill (Archer/Tamer)

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I randomly got the urge to play a hunter-like character in UO and decided to re-sub and make an Human Female Archer/Tamer. My character currently has:

Real(Skill bonus from items)
90(+10) Animal Taming
100 Animal Lore
90(+10) Veterinary
90 Archery
90 Tactics
100 Anatomy
80 Chivalry

Once I can afford scrolls/mastery books I'm going to bump Taming/Lore/Archery to 120, and then bring Vet/Chiv down to 80 and use +30 jewelry to bump them to 110. My question is, with the skills I currently have, what pets should I use to hunt and what should I be hunting? I haven't played a Tamer seriously in probably 10 years lol.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 taming/lore are cheap. Primer II is cheap too. With +30 taming/lore you can farm Dragons in Destard. It isn't a big money but you can tame GDs for sale.

To train taming/lore cast mastery. If you are going to use taming mastery you need 120 real skills in both.

I'm going to bump Taming/Lore/Archery to 120, and then bring Vet/Chiv down to 80 and use +30 jewelry to bump them to 110.
Sounds good.

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My best character atm is a fighter with 110 Chivalry and everything else in the 90s, so I think your definition of cheap is going to be very different from mine. :p And I'm on Catskills. I checked vendor search and found one taming PS for 3 mil and no taming primers unfortunately. That's why I'm currently trying to figure out stuff I can do with this girl at her current skill.