• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Pets to avoid in Despise?. makes Boss invulnerable?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a couple of posts in UOHall which suggest we should not take Pixies or Promethoids as pets. I have been on one visit when the Boss kept healing and proved impossible to kill. I cant remember if Pixies or Promethoids were there then but it seems prob. The suggestion is that either/both pets are responsible for healing the Boss and making him invulnerable.

There is also a suggestion that some people have not read the fiction and do not realise that ONLY pets can kill the Boss. Spellcasting in an attempt to damage him may also be having an effect.

L

lancelot99

Yeah, i read about the Promethoids healing the boss, shame as they have a neat pack ability (apparently).

O

Ozzmandias

AHHHHH, thanks for this, I reckon it's the Promethids, it seems like they have this time-damage special ability. When you damage them, if you don't kill them within about 20 secs they completely heal. We had someone in there earlier with a promethoid, and the boss kept healing up the same way. He got bored and left, and all of a sudden the boss started dying.

Looks like somehow the damage healing is transferring to the boss and wisp.

Mind you, I'd not have put 17 and 24 together without seeing this post, so thanks. I can 60% confirm it's the promethoids.

Cheers

Oz

M

Melissa Rohan

Did one like that the once, the boss kept getting healed. Pretty sure there were no promethoids but there was definately a pixie nearby... not attacking...just sat there... while 6-7 of us kept our critters just beating on the boss. Got him down to 25-50% health a few times and then he goes and gets healed again.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
noticed the Dendrite's (treefolk) keep healing themselves to full just as i get em redlined, so figure they might aslo heal the boss since they love to heal themselves so mutch.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like a fix is supposed to be in at maintenance today - lets hope it works.