• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petition Requesting Re-Instatement of Dor As Moderator

B

Beregon

The futility of this doesn't affect me, I'll sign anyway, even if it's just to show that I care greatly about Dor.

Dor didn't help me start Sonoma, she didn't spend much time with me, or anything, but the few times I've seen her at the YMCA made me think she's good people, and the way she'd kept the Sonoma forum in check this whole time is no less than phenominal when so many people were bickering (names will be omitted, but you ALL know who YOU are!).

*Beregon signs this thing*
There. l33t m4s+3r Beregon has signed. She must become Mod again, or all will face my wrath... or something.

B

BoneStrpr

She did a good job in my opinion. I dont care who she helped, why she help, where she did it or how many virtual hugs she gave out because that doesnt really matter. Her job is to MODERATE the boards and keep things withing the TOS. She has to be OBJECTIVE and NEUTRAL in her decisions and she has always been so. Despite her nice guy attitude, she maintained her NEUTRALITY AND OBJECTIVITY even when the "not so nice" guys wanted to have their say...even when they wanted to say things that weren't very popular, as long as they were within the guidelines set. She never imposed her viewpoints or beliefs on the boards.

Second...a key maxim of leadership is if you do not allow people to learn from their mistakes then you will get nothing useful FROM those mistakes. You just end up with different people making the same mistake over and over.

Third...Joram has been awarded the position of Sonoma Moderator. Since he has been given the position he has done an excellent job and it would be an injustice to take that away from him. Keep him in there as well and let them co-moderate it.

Im done...yay Dor and Joram...Shop Smart...Shop SAM...

E

Executioner's

Wait, Wait , Wait, what you are all trying to say is that Dor is ... A GIRLS!?! OMG! I alway thinked that was a guy, lol.

Anyway put my name in too.

I dont play Sonoma but i have make a newbie character only to go at the YMCA from time to time. Probaly one of the best, if not the best, player run establishement of the UO world.

P

Puppy

BRING BACK DOR! My keyboard's messing up or I would write more reasons why. As it is I suppose I will just stop posting to Stratics entirely --as it is I've pretty much moved over to My UO boards, which don't have pop-up ads, load 1000 times faster, and don't have silly powerplays among mods and their bosses.

X

Xena Dragon

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know we've noticed this petition thread and see how much you'd like Dor to be a moderator here again. I really cannot go into any details about why Dor no longer carries that green M shield. I wish I could be more open to you all about this, but I simply cannot, for various reasons.

Please trust me when I say that we're fully aware of how much Dor is liked by visitors and staff alike, and it's heartwarming to see this support. Once again, I regret that I am not able to give you more insight.

As for the "missing" formal statement; we seldom make formal statements when it comes to a change of staff. In most cases the people departing and arriving write their own farewells and hellos, and this case is no different.

Allow me to clear one thing up while I am here. Joram is not here to replace Dor. We try to have at least two moderators on high traffic forums, and Joram was the new #2 on the Sonoma list. I hope that clears up at least some of the confusion.

Regards,

L

Lord Delekhan

Xena,
I want Dor back, We ALL want Dor back, people are leaving our boards because she is gone, I feel alot better that Joram is the 2nd Mod and her replacee, We beg of you and of Stratics to bring HER back plz!!!!!!!

PS: I am not posting on the boards anymore until i hear something from Her

Thank you,

H

Hockey_Guy

I agree with you, bring Dor back. She's the heart of this forum...

K

KDSonoma

while this appears to be futile at this point, count KingDavid in on this petition.

Im sorry I didnt know this earlier so I could have posted prior to Xena's post.

Its very frustrating to hear "corporate" responses to questions, and thats what has everyone so upset at this. I too would like to know the reasons, but I also understand that there are times when corporations cant divulge certain information because it truly is personal information.

*sighs*

So Im just adding my name to the list of people that appreciate what Dor did for the Stratics board. She and I dont see eye to eye on everything either, but I think each of us respected what the other was doing. I certainly respect any player thats put in the extra effort in something like UO. Too often the people that go beyond the ordinary to make something fun for others fail to get appreciated.

I think Dor continues to go underappreciated, and thats a shame. She should have received a commission for some of the sales of UO to players for her efforts at keeping UO going strong. Losing her as a moderator seems just another lost opportunity to thank her for her continuing efforts.

David
KDs player

F

Farimir

Well this will be my last post (or second to last post) on Stratics EVER!!

Through out my 3.5 years of playing on Sonoma I have met a very few number of people who care so much about the community on our shard.

She has handled the extremely dificult task of moderating our forum with tact and precise. There have been trolls, flames, derogitory remarks, and many other items that I am sure the Stratics managment do not find to their liking on our board (as well as many others also I am sure) yet Dor has handled each and ever case on an individual basis with out imposing her personal thoughts on the subject matter.

Joram I am behind you %100 and I wish you the best of luck with your new task, yet I also know the basic outlines of Dor's dismissial, and not even a public explanation of what happened would bring me back to stratics forums.

The only way for me to start posting again is the re-installment of Dor as a Mod. on the Sonoma Forum. I also strongly recomend that everyone else from the sonoma shard who signed this document join with me and voice our disproval, by not voicing ourselfs at all on Sonoma, of Dor's dissmissial.

David

H

*hic*

*signs name*
what where they thinking?...*hic*...or maybe they was drunk?....SOBER UP AND BRING BACK DOR

T

Tansun

*adds his name to growing list of suporters*
Dor has always been a positive factor on there boards, bring her back.

G

Many of us have NEVER asked for an explaination. And even though I would LOVE to see Dor reinstated, I do not know all the sides. Frankly, it's none of my buisness.

However, those of us LOYAL Stratics posterd like myself (over 3600 posts), are infuriated by the lack of concern shown my the management here. Did they think we would just say "Ok, Dors gone, no biggie." Thats assinine.

We should have had a "There will be some changes" post. Welcoming Joram to the Sonoma Board and at least announcing the changes. Xena has stated it is not thier policy to dicuss these matters. I agree. But thier policy to ignore the people who pay thier bills will cause them the loss of thier buisness in time.

Dor is not just another Mod. She is an intergral (sp) part of the Sonoma Shard and THE MAIN REASON many people feel the Sonoma Shard Board is the CREAM OF THE CROP on UOSS.

But like me, many vets here have a bad taste in our mouths, reminescent of the way OSI/EA has treated us in the past. Only I love UO. There are other sites to get ingame news, and other places to meet community people.

Its now my policy to demand an apology for the lack of vision Xena and Jheridan have had on this matter. One I know that I shall never see. And so, I am finally done.

L

Leatherfoot

*signs Name*

I just found out about this today.... what happened????

T

Tarapazu

Well, if he's #2 put Dor Back!!!!! Stratics obviously has their heads up their backsides on this one. I am one of those people, that while not a heavy poster, I came to stratics way back when and there was nothing here. Dor made this forum grow, the people love her, and will follow her. Do you understand that. All she has to do is go elsewhere and word will get out and this community will go with her.

You are obviously struggling with corporate bs and as so many other companies have found a small mistake here and another there can cause a land slide of failure. From what I have read here, this is the type of situation you face now. So buck up and take it like a human and re-instate DOR. I am sure Joram is fine but he is not DOR.

How can one person gone cause any real problem? Well, Let's see here take a look at the people that are talking about going elsewhere. You will find that each of them have a following all their own... Dor goes, 5 others follow, 25 more follow those 5 etc... etc... Next thing you know another site will have very lively traffic and this forum will stagnate. Then before you know what is going on word of this new highly active site will spread and other forums will start to follow suit. At first people will feel a loss as a new site builds traffic, but, at the same time there is something heartwarming about knowing you participated in the building of something as many of us felt about stratics.

Clear your fog people or there is a very good chance that the fog will swallow you.

Dor love ya hun, I have not been here much lately, but, I'll be monitoring here and with my friends to see where I start loggin next.

I

imported_Kahlan_Amnell

I dont really get what happened but one thing is sure. Give us back Dor with her status.
*signs*

F

Faun(LS-TRAM)

Well...Xena, you see this thread growing and growing...It's obvious that Dor really drew many new people and kept us old farts on the board longer than we probably would have....It's us the players of UO who tell others of this place, praising the site as the UO Bible, a MUST when playing this game....A large chunk of posters are upset over the dismissal of Dor, and will prob leave. I strongly suggest you hold a meeting over this issue, re-evaluate your rules and standards, and whatever has gone down over all of this, and see if you were a tad too harsh.

Nevertheless, I believe some kind of formal statement SHOULD be made in this case....I've never seen such an upset before!!!!

G

where losing Joram too :(
no

***Destroy this evil fad now***

Ghost, The Virtue Knight "Evil conquers when good people do nothing"

B

BranWyn

MAKE DOR MOD AGAIN

*signs name*

*starts chanting, lifts sign and starts marching*

"Stratics tells us us we have no choice
Members show we have a voice!
Stratics we will make you stop it
We want DOR who was our prophet!
Bring her back to MOD our boards
OR you will find us leave in HOARDS!"

D

DeathRage

Is Dor's mod status (or lack thereof) permanent? Whatever happened is completely unforgivable? There is no discussion going on? I'd really like to know.

I understand that you can't discuss the details, but I find it hard to believe Dor did something so horrible to deserve this action.

Whatever happened between the admins and Dor is really the least of the problem now. You've just lost Joram as well. Quite a few of our community are now gone permanently and the boards have noticably slowed down. I fear you'll have more leaving soon unless something more than the "fluff" is put up here and on Sonoma's board.

*signs name again ... in a fit of Rage*

K

Krysma Doomspeak

hmm Haven't been here in months but I'll sing name! Dor's always been a great Mod As far as I am Conserned! An Explanation Of some sort is in order I believe, We don't need all the details. But without someinfo these boards are going to go very quite I believe.

R

Reachwind

<blockquote><hr>

Please trust me when I say that we're fully aware of how much Dor is liked by visitors and staff alike

<hr></blockquote>

Sure doesn't seem like it. What harm can it possibly do to let her continue to be a moderator? Its not like she is running around banning people or locking threads just to get a rise out of the administration. Myself and many others wouldn't even have come to this website had we not been sent here by Dor.

Add my name to the list.

Hanse Swildish - Former UOS Sonoma reporter

I

imported_Inigo_Montoya

Man, you blink and the whole world turns upside down... There are few things that are sure things in this life:

The Steelers to lose the conferance championship game (and I am a Steelers fan)

Taxes

Dor

and

That vanq katana is gonna drop on the first lich that spawns after you recall out.

*sigh*

*signs his name on the line*

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust YOU? UO Officials, management, and lack of public relations, has long ago lost the trust and respect of the players of UO. At least we had someone we trusted and respected on the Sonoma boards. ...DOR!

You will stick to your policy of "ignor" which will not do anything to heighten your esteem in anyone's eyes.

The following poem certainly voices the essense of how players feel about this and what Dor's presence meant to everyone.

Stratics tells us us we have no choice
Members show we have a voice!
Stratics we will make you stop it
We want DOR who was our prophet!
Bring her back to MOD our boards
OR you will find us leave in HOARDS!

K

Khal Drogo

You have my full support! I have never recieved anything but absolute kindness and support from Dor. She has kept all us rowdy Sonomanians (sp??) under control for this long! and trust me, that is no easy task! How has she done this you may ask....respect, its that simple, we respect her enough not to trash talk. I know there are the occasional flame threads, but there are a few bad aples everywhere. BRING BACK DOR! BRING BACK DOR! that is all.

G

akanah,

again,

words to destroy hope..

like always..

swg.. go there..

G

Quote :

most cases the people departing and arriving write their own farewells and hellos, and this case is no different***

People, out of this, i understand the following.

That Dor has Quit, not thrown out.

She quitted her moderator task herself.
Xena said this with a hint in her post.

So, if Dor wanted this quiet goodbye, its cz she is maby coming back someday without ppl noticing it....

problem is.. we noticed it !!

heh

S

spinkickr

Dor did not quit, and most definitely does not want to leave

its just, stratics likes to clam up, and hope people forget and forgive....

I

Ingesticide

Got my support, we loves Dor, even if I've given her reason to hate me now and then, hehe. Bring Dor back, what's next? We gonna ban Spin?

S

Semi

I haven't conversed nor really seen much of Dor on Uhall but the Uhall is a pretty much self moderating board overall. Every word I've heard spoken of her is of a positive nature and if she was asked to leave then reasons as to why should be supplemented. I realize Stratics is a business and not a democracy so for what it's worth...

Here's my Signature.

-Semi-

K

Kefka Ebonysoul

Me and Dor have been on and off when it comes to friendship, but in the end she have proven to me that she can only be your friend if you be hers.

The reason why she was lifted from mod status is obsurd, she lifted a ban... so what? She gave somebody another chance, and everyone deserves another chance.

*signs petition*

C

courtessOFsonoma

If it were not for Dor, I would have continued my gaming on lake superior, and probably wouldn't have played to 2 1/2 years! :) Dor helped me to acheive an awesome start, I got to know some of the people at the Y, hell, I even got to do a few quests.. Yet, she never asked a single thing of me. Nothing.

So, Remember that. Bring Dor back to the board..

And lynch those who took her away.

Ericaof-S-

C

courtessOFsonoma

Dor has always done what's best for the PLAYERS of UO... she listens to her people to make all her decisions. By doing this, her popularity among the young and old is exceedingly high. I have always felt that Dor has been an accurate representative for us all on Sonoma. She is selfless in all her game play &amp; work.

This is why I do not understand why she was cut from the Stratic's message board after (atleast) 4 years of her commiting herself and endless time to this Game we love so dearly. We love it so dearly BECAUSE Dor has made it a much more wonderful experience for us. I guess no one can understand our sorrow for Dor's abrupt and unnotified leave... besides those who really do understand and care for her. ALL OF US ON SONOMA... WE LOVE YOU DOR!

C

courtessOFsonoma

* forgot to sign name *

This is for all the things you've done for us Dor..

*sign all names*

Fearless Femka
Destiny
Courtess Deante
Gida Greensleevs
Zen

P

Person

Dor's been reinstated, though the people who decided to post this here didn't bother tell us that.