• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petition: Regarding the UO website.. Finish it!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Developers,

I was led to believe that we were suspose to get a face lift on the UO website about a year ago, the front page was the only thing that was done, and even that, looks absolutley horrible. I think if you really want a MMORPG to succeed, then you need to have a decent looking website, up-to-date, and lots of player establishments on it, fan-art, no wallpapers, player comics(?), contests between fan-art and comics, daily pictures sent by players, video trailers available for DLL, some community spotlights, and a GOOD looking website, you know, stuff like this. But no, I feel like www.uo.com, isn't worth looking at whatsoever, there is nothing there worth visiting unless I need contact information, as stratics gives me more news, and tells me more about the game, and what is happening in the community. The first thing people are going to notice when they start UO, is how bad the website is and they will be like, wtf? So here I am starting a petition.

Finish it!!

If the developers wish UO to succeed, then the first thing they should do, is start with the homepage..

Compare the japanese UO site, to ours..

http://ultimaonline.jp/

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't the dev's job (developer = game design, not web design), it is the web team's job - who should get out complaints thru Jeremy.

However, I wrote up a big post about the website and communication that is directed at Cal Crowner, as he asked about something along those lines in his interview on UOForums. I figured I would wait until Tuesday to post it when they are likely to be back in Virginia, tho :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit that a part of me actually likes the ruins-of-an-ancient-civilization feel of the spaghetti of uo sites we now have, but I would not be surprised or disappointed to find that I'm in the minority.

There has been quite a bit of effort to get the play guide up to date, but there's still a long, frighteningly long, way to go.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, how hard is it to change the text to English. . . . They could fix that in a day or two.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be a worthwhile investment to hire someone on temporarily just to handle doing a major re write of the UO page to not only transfer the current information on the page to an archive we can easily access but to also bring all of the info up to date adding in all of the missing information that should be on the page.