• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PETA asks Ben & Jerry's to use breast milk

L

Lord Urza

PETA....PETA....PETA...

I have to feel that PETA because of there history of outlandishness, should change there name or something...maybe people would take them more seriously then and not have such hostility for the group (which im sure does consist of some sane minded people)

PETA has just had what COULD be considered a history of commiting Terrorist acts. How many times has peta basicly urged it members to go out and be destructive in the name of animals? How many medical and scientific facilitys have been burned and randsacked for testing on animals?
It has allways seemed to me that PETA values the lifes of animals more highly then they do humans as there actions have many times put people in potential harms way either directly ( the people who might be in the burning building) or indirectly ( the fire fighters who come to try to put the building out)

This is just my opinion however , and only applys to the orginization itself and if not its currect leadership, at least some of its past leaders and activists.
There are many many nobel members of PETA, I just feel that the PETA has a stigma around it and would be more effective reborn as a new entity

U

UltimaSword

PETA....PETA....PETA...

I have to feel that PETA because of there history of outlandishness, should change there name or something...maybe people would take them more seriously then and not have such hostility for the group (which im sure does consist of some sane minded people)

PETA has just had what COULD be considered a history of commiting Terrorist acts. How many times has peta basicly urged it members to go out and be destructive in the name of animals? How many medical and scientific facilitys have been burned and randsacked for testing on animals?
It has allways seemed to me that PETA values the lifes of animals more highly then they do humans as there actions have many times put people in potential harms way either directly ( the people who might be in the burning building) or indirectly ( the fire fighters who come to try to put the building out)

This is just my opinion however , and only applys to the orginization itself and if not its currect leadership, at least some of its past leaders and activists.
There are many many nobel members of PETA, I just feel that the PETA has a stigma around it and would be more effective reborn as a new entity
Yes PETA may have good members. But sadly they are hidden within all the bullcrap a lot of its members spout and do. There was a guy who got his head hacked off with a knife on a bus, for no reason... just a random attack. PETA wanted to use that and say, "thats how cows feel" OR they compare baby chicks and other animals to human babies. You do not know how that stuff gets me on my bad side. Honestly animal testing to get cures for human diseases is a good thing. These people who fight it really have issues.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hum,

They are not terrorists, they are freedom fighters for the rights of NON HUMANS that can NOT STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES.

Do you support or more likely LOOK THE OTHER WAY, while thousands of rabbits, cats, dogs have acid ... not going to do it .. just say all kinds of crap put in them, in their eyes, ears, throats to see what happens? WHEN THERE ARE COMPUTER MODELS THAT GIVE THE SAME ANSWER?

I will take an equally STRONG opposing stand that with todays data, the ability to model all drug interactions on a computer exists. THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION in the whole sale mass torture of animals just because they are CHEAPER and after all ONLY ANIMALS. Nothing is going to get me as ... passionate as those that say They are only animals so who cares, not like THEY HAVE ANY WAY TO FORCE US TO RECOGNIZE THEIR RIGHTS.

Do you support or more likely LOOK THE OTHER WAY, while NON HUMAN habitats are destroyed so that Parking Lots and strip malls can set empty.

Do you support or more likely LOOK THE OTHER WAY, while the largest mass extinction runs amok, in the history of this planet?

And if an advanced alien comes to earth and says, this is a nice place to settle our people, YOU have defined the ACCEPTABLE rules of engagement for them. They can, with in our rules EXTERMINATE all humans.

U

UltimaSword

Destroying habitats and environments is a danger to us. As for all those poor rabbits. Oh well. And if an advanced alien race gets to us. (Oh and that is VERY unlikely anyway) we will go down fighting, or not but that would be a problem. We have a higher level of intelligence than animals. I agree with PETA on that things should be done as humanely as possible to the animals. How long will it be before we have PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants) they cannot stand up for themselves. And no... not freedom fighters.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and Freedom Fighters.

Were would the status of the Great Apes be without the "Freedom Fighters" or is it perfectly ok to kill them for their paws because some one believes it is an aphrodisiac.

In time, it will become clear that Life is every where, that it is the norm and not a one time thing on Planet Earth.

With the Gnome Sequencing projects and the Protein Folding networks, it is NOT required to use animals for any form of testing other than a handful to confirm the model before production. NOT the 1000's that are pointlessly maimed and abused.

IF you do not like the Advanced Aliens (and they would NOT see us as fighting back, they would see us a insects being exterminated 1 Billion Humans Dead to 0 Advanced Aliens dead), then how about a derivative of Soylent Green, were the ... well NOT upper class humans are the walking body parts, the preferred testing animal, for the Upper Class HUMANS, because it becomes clear that if you do NOT have billions of dollars then you are NOT HUMAN.

U

UltimaSword

If you didn't notice I said some of PETA is good but drowned under the amount of bullcrap half of them pull. They love to shove their views and beliefs down everyone's throat. Yes people do that all the time and I have problems with those other people too. They continue to complain about eating animals even though there are laws against unnecessary abuse. Their leader atm obviously has some mental issue. When she dies she wants to like skin herself and give parts of her body to certain people in government. There is no intelligence in that. We are humans we care for our own. Most of the time. Nothing is perfect the rich will abuse but not all the time. Those people bother me then too.

As for the aliens unless there is some higher form of intelligence and consciousness then they will realize we are a primitive form of an intelligent species just like they used to be. Hell if they are advanced maybe they moved beyond unnecessary violence and even using animals for experiments.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree we do ... tend to take care of our own, but that is limited to our own in terms of "recognizably our own".

It would be easy for people to infer I am pro-life from what I have said and what follows, they would be wrong. I am not pro-choice either. I see that both have merit and that (as you say) there are extremists that prevent those merits from becoming the rule.

I think people should be very concerned on this issue.

One loves to eat meat but ONE DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE BUTCHER's JOB.

One loves to take care of ones own, but one does NOT WANT to know about or deal with severely/profoundly mentally challenged people.

One loves to take care of ones own, but one does NOT WANT to know about or deal with severely/profoundly physically challenged people.

One loves to take care of ones own, but one does NOT WANT to know about or deal with severely/profoundly abused people.

One loves to take care of ones own, but one does NOT WANT to know about or deal with severely/profoundly addicted people.

Yadda Yadda Yadda

Because people do want to know or deal with these people, they are capable of simply disappearing, becoming the body parts to (being nice here) "I have my head stuck in the ground and don't know were these parts came from" people that want to have the perfect body.

U

UltimaSword

I tend to also lean more toward darwinism. I mean I would help a person I know if they are severely handicapped in some way. Yet in the end it just sucks that it happened to them. I would not totally stop my life to take care of them. it sounds cold yes but I do have dreams. People do do it but I am not them. If I was born severely handicapped I'd much rather my parents kill me then them taking care of me even though my brain would never progress beyond that of a 6 month old. As for abortion... if it is known someone would be severely handicapped then I think it would be ok. But where does one draw the line? What about down syndrome. I would not think about aborting that kind of handicap. Some people do though.

L

Lord Urza

I never said that PETA is a terrorist orginization or even suggested that.
I stated that PETA has what COULD be consdiered a history of commiting terrorist acts against facilitys associated with experimenting on animals.

I gave PETA and its members some due credit, but overall I think they could be a more effective orginization if they just changed there name and adopted a new identity.
To shed there old stigmas and go at there causes anew.
A fresh start if you will.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there are extremist in all groups, whose behavior is more likely to be counter productive than not.

I am more inclined to think that to those that would throw blood/red paint, etc on people are more counter productive, than those that do break into facilities and .... well that needs to end there as the REAL answer there is way to complicated than can be put into words on a forum.

The short version is if one releases animals then one must assume responsibility for them and not just be a Walt Disney bot and take them to the nearest forest preserve. They would need to KNOW if any of them had been deliberately infected with contagious diseases.

So it is not a slam dunk praise for me, when they break into facilities but it isn't an automatic condemnation either.

But a lot of those concerns are equally applicable to people that adopt legally or illegally some cute cuddly baby pet with NO knowledge or thought about what they will do with the Adult Version of that pet. It is invariably the Adult version of that Pet that pays the price.

L

Lord Urza

Let me talk a moment about myself and see if it translates in any way.

I am into punkrock, i have anti establishmental belifes.
I allso like bright colored hair, facial piercings, tattoos, and what most would see as outlandish woredrobe.

However my contempt for the current leadership of not just this country but the entire world overrides my love of the afor mentioned things.
After years of outlandishness, and refusing to be part of the established system as often as possible, i grew up a little bit and realized how counter productive it all was.

The best way to effect and in turn change the system is from the inside not the outside, which requires a little tone down, and a willingness to participate.

Thats all think PETA needs to do....grow up....and participate like a grown up orginization.
Not like an outlandish immature teenager, who doesnt wanna be part of the established system of our world.

M

monnie101

I'm all for Animal Rights but PETA is corrupt, hypocritical, and the queen of PETA is an embezzler just like so many operations that take donations. I still don't know what the deal is with the Red Cross and where the millions donated went. Places like that just have too many hands the money goes thru and it never ends up going to the people. You have insane amounts of millions that celebrities give these places and then barely anything happens that you would think would equal that amount of cash which was donated. I remember Madonna and Michael Jackson donated a total of about 30mill to the red cross for the firefighter families. It's just like the cancer funds that beg for donations and then go thru all of the millions and have nothing to show for it and they are no closer to adding any cures. It sickens me. Which is why when I sell my music from my label, each dollar is kept in MY HANDS for donating, and I will go buy the things the children's hospitol needs (hopefully with discounts) then to the hospitol to donate the toys. No way I am donating money to some charity that does the ole dissapearing act. And people will get to see where the money goes because it will be a videod.

I think it should be obvious that eating meat/flesh is a vile and disgusting act of cannibalism and we do it due to greed though most won't admit it and it's become so normalized that most can't see it as what it is. There is no need to eat meat and animals suffer tremendously because we're greedy. Most people are unaware that most animals do feel pain and are much smarter then they appear. It wasn't till only a year ago I found out that many birds know when they are caged and get depressed and self mutilate. Many have higher intelligence then any dog. Since I read this, I would never have a bird unless it was a rescue one. Even fish feel pain and get scared, my niece has fish and everyday at the same feeding time they are in the front of the tank swimming like crazy when we approach it they know they are going to get fed.

It just comes down to us humans being ignorant of all the torment and greedy. I have to admit (even though many make fun of the place) I LOVE LOVE LOVE McDonald's for both the food and the fun atmosphere. Someday when I move out of where I am, I'm probably going to go Vegetarian again. The only thing is that it can be expensive if you don't know how to cook it. If you don't know how to cook Veg, you won't know how to make the good stuff.

Have some of you seen those huge corporate farms with the veal cows and hundreds of chickens? Man, imagine being an animal like that confined to a tiny cage where you get sick and can't move then they cut your throat and let you die slowly. The times I was a kid going with my father to the farm to buy a killed cow, it horrified me. The way they killed them was like something out of a horror movie. I will spare you the horror.

R

Radun

"a mother's milk is best used by her child." ... and the cow's milk is better ?
isn't the cow's milk best used by her calf?

F

Flora Green

I find this typical of PETA. Of all the ridiculous (and vile) things they have said/done through the years, this is absurd. How exactly do they propose this be accomplished? Do we revert to a society of wet nurses? What would Gloria Steinem think of THAT??

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find this typical of PETA. Of all the ridiculous (and vile) things they have said/done through the years, this is absurd. How exactly do they propose this be accomplished? Do we revert to a society of wet nurses? What would Gloria Steinem think of THAT??
(humor)

He he, she would be for it :)

It would create a new industry for women only. To that extent it would be "Liberating" for women.

-----------------------------

Of course the logistics of the thing are preposterous and while I am sure that B&J's reply was along that line, it is still fair game to poke at them for implying that Ice Cream was not consumed by children.

In addition, it is ..... humorous to see people squirm at the mere thought of consuming "Human Milk", which, from a scientific perspective, is far superior, health and nutritionally for all ages of "Humans".

Which leads back to Gloria, it isn't as though "Human Milk" is something ..... perverse .... or is it. :)

F

Flora Green

Heh heh. :) Well, I have tasted breast milk and found it quite disgusting. Then again, I think my kids formula tastes awful, too.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other hand She would have had a field day with it ....

I can see it now,

"Well not only do you treat Women as your personal Sex Objects, you now want them to be your personal cows as well", some one else would chime in "Oh, the inhumanity of it"

I do suspect she would have drawn the line at "Burning Bra's and no further" though ....

:)

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Do you support or more likely LOOK THE OTHER WAY, while thousands of rabbits, cats, dogs have acid ... not going to do it .. just say all kinds of crap put in them, in their eyes, ears, throats to see what happens? WHEN THERE ARE COMPUTER MODELS THAT GIVE THE SAME ANSWER?...

So you have tested these computer models yourself? Or did you read about these computer programs in a PETA brochure?

Weather is one of natures most studied phenonemom and there are banks of military and civilian supercomputers and PHD experts dedicated to predicting the outcome of a low pressure system... and guess what... they still can't tell us if it's gonna rain tommorow with any real accuracy.

Safe Travels, Sam

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(humor)

He he, she would be for it :)

It would create a new industry for women only. To that extent it would be "Liberating" for women.

-----------------------------
Actually if billions of dollars in revenue were involved... lets not forget that men have nipples too. I'm sure that with the proper estrogen dosage, diet change and monetary incentive men in underdeveloped countries... tempted with the promise of financial gain would undergoe any surgery and medical treatment necessary to get a job at a "human milk farm."

Would large corporate manufacturers really label their products as being from female or male milk? Nope, they would just be like all the folks that are jumping on the "free range" bandwagon... and other supposedly eco-friendly forms of food production.

Lets face it... once anything proves to be profitable large corporations will mimic the process, undermining the essential core values and they will exploit people in undeveloped nations to get the very last bottom dollar.

If I were given the opportunity to make a few extra bucks a month from selling my "man milk" I surely would. Heck, my blood donor cash already pays for my heroin addiction!

I guess they haven't figured out that I'm HIV positive! Buwahahahah!

Safe Travels, Sam