• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Pet Training and Counseling Services

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am taking a break from UO, so I won't be offering this service for a while. I'll post back when I am back.

Atlantic Shard

I'm in the business of training pets. 25 mil per level, and you supply one pet bonding potion per pet (this after a hard lesson) and all the scrolls. I train all skills except for magic skills and healing. Magic skills will get trained as far as they go while training other skills. Healing on cu's I will train up to GM. Think of it as a Mythic Token for pets.

I will do the advanced training for you and pick your skills and abilities for you based on your choices, then I will complete the training. If you want a rare pet trained you must provide the pet. For specific colours of pets it will depend on availability and luck, or you can purchase, tame or otherwise provide the pet.

Please contact me by ICQ: 11893766

Last edited:

Diamonas

Journeyman
So 30 mil for bonding potion, 50 mil for training from 3 to 5 Slot, 120-200 mil in scrolls or more...

I don't know about you but I couldn't afford that for my best tamed pet let alone doing it multiple time.

Seems a bit crazy.

Beeble

Journeyman
So 30 mil for bonding potion, 50 mil for training from 3 to 5 Slot, 120-200 mil in scrolls or more...

I don't know about you but I couldn't afford that for my best tamed pet let alone doing it multiple time.

Seems a bit crazy.
You cant add the 120-200mil into your total observation of whether its worth. Your going to be spending on scrolls regardless of whether you go through this service or not, so that comment its kinda more a general statement/criticism about the cost to train a pet in this new patch. The prices or scrolls are high at the moment due to the new patch. So if you plan on training alot of you pets, its going to cost you alot of money.

This service is a great service for people who are a little scared of the new patch and need help along the way. Seeing as some people pay in the hundreds of millions, some even platinums for certain pets as that is their thing, they would be happy to spend 50+mil to have it trained up properly, or in the best direction that suits you. (Again you cant factor scrolls into it, your going to be buying them regardless)

I would imagine you dont have to max out the whole training, i'm sure theres an advice , or just pointing in the right direction part.

The bonding he said he learnt to do that the hard way, im sure if that was your sticking point its up for communication. It prob better to be safe than sorry especially if you have a special pet you want trained and cant do it yourself at the top level

I personally know i would be fine to spend extra gold in order to get a little help in something that looks a little overwhelming at first. Especially if you have an important pet you wouldnt want to messed up and dont really want to spend time on TC checking every iteration.

But everyone is different, if its not for you, its not for you. I think it seems a good idea, id opt for it.

Diamonas

Journeyman
I know its not for everyone, but honestly why be a tamer if your not willing to tame and train your own pets?

I currently have 12 different colored Cu's in my stables, most will be used for animal testing of skill combos and either sold(if rare colored) or guard wacked.
To determine what works for my build. This is without using scrolls, considering I don't have the fund's to drop 200+ million on skill scrolls.
I see the need for his service, I do but being unwilling to train the hard skills when requested like healing to 120 etc..
To me it's paying full price for a half finished construction job.
To each there own.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Each level involves at least 8 hours of hard training. You want to put that in perspective of other ways to make gold, that is more than a fair price. If I were to fully train skills like magery to 120, it could easily take 5 times that long, and I generally don't train afk. Not only that but most of the spell casting skills don't make that much of a difference to how well your pet performs, in part because once you get beyond around 60 skill, it doesn't make much difference in what your pet casts, or how effective their spells are.

The important skills are evaluate int., focus and spirit speak. Now for both chiv and spellweaving, how high your skill is will make a difference, but again, I'm not going to put that kind of time into training someone else's pet. If you want someone else to do it for you, you'll probably have to find someone that doesn't mind doing it afk. That person won't be me.

What you are paying for when you get me to train a pet for you is the experience and knowledge of someone who has been playing a tamer, and a pvp tamer for a decade, and someone who spent a couple of months and over a hundred hours on TC training pets and figuring the system out before the publish went live. If that isn't worth anything to you, do it yourself. I don't have a problem with that. But after looking at the choices a lot of people have made in training their pets, I can say with some confidence that the service I provide is worth at least what I'm charging, if not more.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can the person who sent me an ICQ yesterday asking about advice please send me another ICQ? My client seems to have swallowed the contact...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just letting everyone know that after a couple months break I am back in business. Yes, training a high end pet is expensive, that's why, especially for your first one, it's not a bad idea to have someone who knows what they are doing do it for you. That gives you a template to work with, and part of what comes with my services is answers to any questions you may have.

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Its good to know this service is out there. I have no idea on pets at all and I have a couple of tamers from accounts of friends. Never pulled them out at all, so I'll probably use this service at some point.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am taking a break from UO, so I won't be offering this service for a while. I'll post back when I am back.

Jesse Donovan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
everybody is complaining about the price, I think the price is completely fair. This person is providing a service of training your pet for you, taking the hard part away. And I'm sure if you can't afford the Scrolls, then with the market the way it is now, you shouldn't be playing right now.

Communication goes along way when you ask questions. I'm sure when he/she comes back, will be happy to talk about the price, and train up to certain level without scrolls. IMO would be waste of time if you don't go all the way, but that's my opinion.

Yes me being a returning player from back in 2005/before. (yes Veteran turned Noob). Loving the game and learning the game all over again. I am legendary Tamer, and still learning the taming pets option, and not understanding some of it. and asking if they could increase the pet slots that we tamers have from 5/5 to something like 6/6 or 7/7. I think that is fair. but that's my opinion again. Sorry full of opinions still.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I personally haven't received any complaints about the price. I understand that the economy in the game is screwed up, but that's not my fault, or the fault of any of the legit players in the game. For me personally I just need to take a break right now. I've got other kettles boiling and I'm having a hard time keeping commitments.

Jesse Donovan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying anything about you or your services. I think it's awesome for somebody to take their time to help out players. And get paid while doing it. You taking the pain from the other tamers that hate the training process. Me personally like it because I role play and I get to bond with my pet.

I hope you get everything worked out in your life. Praying for you.