• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Squirrel

M

Maia

Could someone tell me where I need to go to tame a squirrel?

Also, what other cute little creatures are available for taming and where do you find them.

Thank you in advance for taking time to answer. :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will find the squirrel in the labyrinth. Here is a link with a map and what to expect. http://www.uoguide.com/Labyrinth

The other little critter that you can tame is a ferret, and it is only found in the healers room at the bottom the Fel Prism of Light.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can tame a squirrel with human JoaT taming. The difficult trick is to get there and back without getting killed. I have tamed one with a paladin using Honor, then hopped out through the gate just outside the Labyrinth entrance, and walked the long way yo a moongate. If you can get a friendly mage waiting for you outside or even tame one with a mage then life will be a lot easier.

M

Maia

Thank you to both of you for the great information.

*weeps* for poor little squirrels having to live in such a dangerous place. :(

After one is tamed, can it be "sold" to other players just like other tamable creatures?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, both of these pets can be sold or traded just like any other pet. They also bond the same as any other pet. Sometimes you can find the squirrel near the entrance, but normally it is located towards the middle or back. If you know a stealth herder they could move it to the entrance for you. For the ferret, all you need to do is go to fel nujelum, pay the 10K to lefty the ticket taker, get into the dungeon, die, make your way to the healers, rez, tame the ferret, and then click ticket and your out. Might be easier on a newbie char with 50 taming and lore.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go for the ferrets! They say *nook* to eachother when you have two of them *g* .... soooo cute!

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Squirrels are easy to get most of the time as long as your char can kill Minotaurs. Ferrets on the other hand require a very good warrior or a very dead warrior to get one. They are also expensive, a ticket inside the cave is 10 k gold. Anyways I have a ferret I will give you and I can get you a squirrel also for free. I am at Malas most nights till shut down 12:10 am EST (0010 EST)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have a squirrel yet give me a call, my stealth shepherd will happily herd squirrels to the labyrinth entrance. Sadly, as an elf, she is unable to tame them.

M

Maia

Squirrels are easy to get most of the time as long as your char can kill Minotaurs. Ferrets on the other hand require a very good warrior or a very dead warrior to get one. They are also expensive, a ticket inside the cave is 10 k gold. Anyways I have a ferret I will give you and I can get you a squirrel also for free. I am at Malas most nights till shut down 12:10 am EST (0010 EST)
Sometimes when the World seems to be falling apart and you feel that there is no goodness left, someone comes along to show you that there is always hope and happiness and love. I want to thank Yellow Beard for his kind gifts of a squirrel and a ferret. I have scouted out the areas to try and get these on the TC1 shard and I know it is not an easy task. So, to give them so generously is a wonderful thing. I promise I will cherish them and take good care of them. BTW, the ferret is named YellowBeard in your honor. :-D

And, thank you Petra Fyde for your kind offer also. You are always a gracious lady. *bows*