• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Rez Shrine

• Thread starter RedDaTeef
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RedDaTeef

It would be nice if one place (maybe more) there would be a pet rez shrine. In case others aern,t around to rez yer pet if you don't have vet.
Maybe some for off location.
Just an idea.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Very NICE... my miner and lumberjack don't have vet skills so when their beetles die I have to go wandering to find someone to help me out.

** or maybe Wandering Healers would res your pet for a 500 GP donation or something **

R

Rix/\

even if the actually Vet NPC in brit would res pets would be cool

K

Kiminality

I made a vet on my second account, specifically for when one of my non-tamer characters on my main account came unstuck.

I'm not a fan of encouraging people not to interact. If there was a pet-res shrine, I'd go there, in preference to begging for a res at the bank, as long as it wasn't too costly.
However, at off-hours, all the will to interact with other players in the world isn't going to magically make a kind vet appear at WBB.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A pet rez shrine would be great. I know we all want interaction between players but sometimes it is hard to find someone to rez my fire beetle.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I made a vet on my second account, specifically for when one of my non-tamer characters on my main account came unstuck.

I'm not a fan of encouraging people not to interact. If there was a pet-res shrine, I'd go there, in preference to begging for a res at the bank, as long as it wasn't too costly.
However, at off-hours, all the will to interact with other players in the world isn't going to magically make a kind vet appear at WBB.
I thought of doing this, but since I can't figure out how to run two instances of UO on my PC, and don't want to buy a second PC for the privilage of res'ing my pet... how do you res a pet on account A with a toon on account B, because if you log the account B toon and quickly log in toon A, toon B still has to click to agree??? :(

K

Kiminality

I thought of doing this, but since I can't figure out how to run two instances of UO on my PC, and don't want to buy a second PC for the privilage of res'ing my pet... how do you res a pet on account A with a toon on account B, because if you log the account B toon and quickly log in toon A, toon B still has to click to agree??? :(
I believe you can run multiple KR instances...
I personally use a second machine. Not everyone has that luxury, though...

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also do this with the 2D Client if you utilize Windows XP Fast User Switching. :)

A

Amathist of PoC

Perhaps it could be an add on to the stables - visit your local stables for a pet res or maybe a vet could be added to the game like a healers hut....it is a good idea for those times you get stuck with no one else on line.

K

Kiminality

You can also do this with the 2D Client if you utilize Windows XP Fast User Switching. :)
Yes, I forgot about that.
I recall it was declared, around the release of XP, that running multiple clients by that means was legal. But, you still had to attend them, if they were gaining skills and whatnot.

L

Legacyee

Yes Please and make it somewhere that Tamers can hang out together like they used to:thumbup:

5% Luck

Encourage player interaction and allow for those off peak times pet res to happen hrmm Why not drop a res shrine/vet npc somewhere deep in ishnar.

Maybe in the gargoyle city!

S

Strawberry

Yes Please and make it somewhere that Tamers can hang out together like they used to:thumbup:
On LS, tamers used to hang out in Skara. Maybe an npc Katrina could be placed in the pen near the bank? Just one npc pet resser per shard wouldn't cut down on player interactions that much. It might even draw tamers back to Skara.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is possible to launch UOKR and after that the 2d UO client. It won't work if you try to launch it with UOA as it will detect another client running. You .must directly go in the UO 2D directory and launch the client

P

pavel.vesely

Well, you can force interaction and still have a NPC veterinary resurrect your pet in off hours. Simply let this NPC wander away or go to sleep in prime hours.

D

Der Rock

It would be nice if one place (maybe more) there would be a pet rez shrine. In case others aern,t around to rez yer pet if you don't have vet.
Maybe some for off location.
Just an idea.

i cant remember since how many years i ask for pet res vet in brit
makes me always sad to see the poor miner lumbers in the mddle of the night in luna with the dead beetle,and i cant help bacause my tamer acc is closed.

i would say:

1. let shrines and healers ress dead player and dead worker pets
2. let the veterinary in brit ress ALL dead pets (combat-pets for a higher amount of gold)

(they let frustrated player close accounts, but they made the gardeners happy LOL)

C

Calla Lily

I'd want to see the NPC vet be there permanently, not wander away during certain parts of the day. I live on the West Coast but play on an East Coast shard, so my peak times are not the same as everyone else on my shard. Brit already has an NPC vet clinic right next to the big mage shop, we don't need one in other towns, although being able to rez a pet at a shrine would be convenient.

B

BartofCats

if your going to do this, then just make 120 vet and lore free to anyone who makes taming or works the skill.
My vote is still no. This is bullcrap that this idea comes up every month now. you want to throw away 240 max skill points or minimum 160 skill points just so that you dont have to interact with others.

Heres a better idea... dead animal stable slot stable your dead pet 1 slot only. It will allow you to pull out another pet at least, untill you can go find someone who will rez your pet.

L

Lord Drakelord

we have a vet shop and NPC in Brit [tram & fel] why cannot it not be used for this purpose?

K

Kiminality

if your going to do this, then just make 120 vet and lore free to anyone who makes taming or works the skill.
My vote is still no. This is bullcrap that this idea comes up every month now. you want to throw away 240 max skill points or minimum 160 skill points just so that you dont have to interact with others.
Hooray for hyperbole!

The idea isn't to negate the need for tamers to have vet/lore, any more than repair deeds were implemented to negate the need for every character to have the required crafting skills to repair their own equipment.

The concept is to make systems, and mechanics, inclusive. To make it so that such simple, yet important things, are widely available.
To provide my own hyperbole. Imagine all NPC and player vendors stopped selling things, outside of 9-5, local server time. That wouldn't be good, because people need to buy things, and you're shutting all the people who don't play in those hours out of buying things. Unless it's directly from players, which requires players to be around (which is the cruzx of the pet-res issue).
Savvy?

T

Turdnugget

This would only create more gimp PvP tamer templates w/out the need of vetting. There's a few out there already, but i'm sure this would generate more.

Ya it sucks when a pet dies on my non-tamers...but i've got guildies and usually people around Luna that can rez.

I can only see this working if you could only rez lower end pets. IE: Non PvP/PvM pets that a tamer would use.

So... horses, swampies, blue beetles, fire beetle, llamas, packies etc. Those are the only ones I'd say yes to.

M

Moonstar

wonderful idea.there needs to beanother way for peopel to rez their pets if there aren't any vets around to help.
it would make plenty of sensto have the veterinarian actually do some vet work hehe

Another idea.. to keep the whole player contact is to do what they do for armor and stuff.. Have a way for vets to make a ressurection deed. Players could just keep a couple with them when they go out, just incase.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Otherwise, they just gave us a "working ankh" veteran's reward... make one for a few years earlier... say at year 3 or 4 for res'ing pets.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
we have a vet shop and NPC in Brit [tram & fel] why cannot it not be used for this purpose?

I have said this MANY, MANY times.... It should be the Pet Rez station!... and the NPC there SHOULD rez your pet!

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragon grow! Bel'la Dos (Thank You!)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Signed. Lessa will rez any pet she finds, but she can't rez her sisters' pets. Many an early morning poor Morgana and Cerri has looked in vain for some one to rez their pets. I remember when i first started I was shocked to find out that the Brit vet could rez my pets. :sad4: It seemed logical to me that they would.