• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet plan help

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi i entered the pet planning, but after i planned my pet, i can't find the Apply button to apply my plan?

Help please.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If there's an "Apply" button, I haven't found it. I think once your plan is complete, then you individually select the skills/stats according to your plan.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
At the top of the "Plan" screen you have to click on "Disable/Enable" button. If the plan is "Enabled" what you select only goes onto the plan. Once you "Disable" the plan it makes the things you want to add actually go to the pet once you select them again on the main screen. Once you figure it out instead of having an "Add to Plan" button on the main screen you will have an "Apply" button... think that is what it says once it is enabled, not in game atm to check.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goes like this:
Enable plan - add your choices, ensure finishing skill point total is zero ( see thread by folk who missed that part)
Disable plan, use the plan to repeat your choices for 'real' selecting 'train pet'.

Add the lack of an 'apply plan' button to your growing list of 'Mervyn's things to complain about' :D

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Add the lack of an 'apply plan' button to your growing list of 'Mervyn's things to complain about' :D
:thumbup:

That would have made it much easier. I have goofed and added the wrong value to the pet a few times and had to adjust the plan accordingly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi i entered the pet planning, but after i planned my pet, i can't find the Apply button to apply my plan?

Help please.

Once again you have been jacked by the Devs. There is no Apply button! :mf_prop: :cursing: :lick:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Goes like this:
Enable plan - add your choices, ensure finishing skill point total is zero ( see thread by folk who missed that part)
Disable plan, use the plan to repeat your choices for 'real' selecting 'train pet'.

This is actually one I would support. Kind of silly not to have added that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the order you add attributes matters. You have to add them in the "correct" order or you cant get the number of abilities the UO page says you can.

Also there are some abilities that will take other abilities off the list. I'm sure the UO page explains clearly why you cant add Goo and armor ignore on a blank template.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally agree here. You should be able to set a plan then "apply to pet" or something like that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Goes like this:

Well I hate to be a sourpuss as well but what would be the point of an apply button since 1/2 the time what you add to "the plan" isn't always what you can put on your pet... especially if you don't put certain things on in the right order... totally stupid...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a few quotes from the pages that I've a feeling some players aren't understanding fully:
Selecting a new school of magic is not to be considered lightly, it will remove any innate magical ability the pet may have. You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:
  • 1 magical ability
  • 1 special ability
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 area effect
The choices available in these sections are governed by the pet’s classification, as listed in the tables below, and any abilities the pet already has. For example the special abilities ‘tail swipe’ and ‘grasping claw’ will not appear on the list for a pet dread spider since the creature has no tail or claws; such creatures as Nightmares and Drakes are not able to choose a special ability, they already have the special ability, Dragon Breath. This reduces your available options for these pets to 2. Rune beetles are so blessed with special abilities naturally than no more can be added at all.
These magical abilities, unlike the basic schools of magic items like mysticism, discordance, poisoning etc, will require all available ability choices, choosing one of these will disallow the choice of a special ability or any special moves.
Piercing
Trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore, and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Pierce & Thrust mastery abilities.
Bashing
Trains the creature in the mortal strike, concussion, and disarm special moves. Also trains the creature in the Toughness & Stagger mastery abilities
Slashing
Trains the creature in the nerve strike, armor ignore, and disarm special moves. Also trains the creature in the Focused Eye & Onslaught mastery abilities.
Battle Defense
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Heightened Senses & Shield Bash mastery abilities.
Wrestle Mastery
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Knockout & Rampage mastery abilities.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a few quotes from the pages that I've a feeling some players aren't understanding fully:
Selecting a new school of magic is not to be considered lightly, it will remove any innate magical ability the pet may have. You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:
  • 1 magical ability
  • 1 special ability
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 area effect

A blank giant beetle template cannot get the area affect goo and the special move Armor Ignore. I should be able to get 1 area effect and 2 special moves!

I am still not understanding fully. Either can be placed on the first choice. If you choose any area effect, you cant choose a special move. on a blank beetle.

Also on A lesser Hiryu if you add the magical ability first, you cant add anything else. But if you add a special move first you can add a magical ability.

I still don't understand fully.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And the order you add attributes matters. You have to add them in the "correct" order or you cant get the number of abilities the UO page says you can.
First I have ran across someone confirming this is an accurate situation. I have suspected it due to seeing the same type of pet I have but seeing another with a lot more attributes etc that I could just not fit on mine. I know you have been very active on the taming revamp and the boards as well. Is there a thread where you and others have a good bit of info about the order by any chance?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First I have ran across someone confirming this is an accurate situation. I have suspected it due to seeing the same type of pet I have but seeing another with a lot more attributes etc that I could just not fit on mine. I know you have been very active on the taming revamp and the boards as well. Is there a thread where you and others have a good bit of info about the order by any chance?
Generally work from the bottom up. But, it seems some pets are deemed to strong by the devs to get an area effect and a special move. So its becoming a specific pet order.

On a Cu as of now, if you want Goo, Armor ignore, and a magic ability. Put them on in that order. If you put the magic ability first, you cant get all 3.

It depends on the pet type sometimes.

Tell us a Pet type and Don and I can figure if you can get what you want.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that pet plan went out the window, it seems if you don't choose the right specials in the right order, you can't do them anyway, even if you do follow the pointless plan.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well that pet plan went out the window, it seems if you don't choose the right specials in the right order, you can't do them anyway, even if you do follow the pointless plan.
yep now you know why I been complaining ... even if you follow half the silly rules one or two pets don't work the normal way and you wind up messing up again...