• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Macro

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know if you can make a macro or user script to open the backpack of a beetle, pack llama etc with the pet stored as the target? So tired of having to left click and open the backpack when you take one step and the darn thing closes right back up.

I have messed around a bit but can't find anything that will do it.

Also there was a 'looting' user script back before I left for 2 yrs that would open all the corpses around you, anyone know what that is, the ones on my chars only open one corpse not many like it used to..

Any help appreciated.

MissE

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco has a button on the pack animal's lifebar that you can click to open its pack.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ta, but I don't currently use Pinko's, I don't like the backpack gump it is too huge for me, also i don't like the way all the spell icons are changed as for some reason they are all blurry on my screen whereas the default ones are crisp. If I could have the functionality of pinkos with the more normal 'default' packs and icons I would be a happy camper. Had trouble deciphering what each spell was and made it difficult to play having been away 2 yrs.

Any other ideas?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there's an option to use scaling, any gump can be shrunk or expanded to suit you, including the back packs.

you can use different icon packs if you want to, you can even make your own :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know about scaling, I had pinko's scaled to .75 which is the scale I normally play it, lower than that I can't see the hotbar icons as they would be too small. The backpack has a huge 'old style' backpack around it, that, and the character paperdoll gump do not scale as the rest does on my screen. The main backpack is at least half the size again compared to the default and worse for the pdoll gump.

Ton's of the functionality of Pinko's is great, but I guess I just like the default look as it is crisper. The fuzzy edge, old look stuff hurts my eyes. I am seriously happy just using the default client.

However, I still need the original questions answered if there is anyway in the default EC to do the above.

Thanks Again
MissE

Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, no. that's not what I mean. Not changing the scale by percentage, enable scale mode in pinco's, enlarge and shrink with the mouse wheel. I'll see if I can do a screen print, I'm not being very clear.

oki, one back pack really big, one little, one hotbar big, one smaller, paperdoll really tiny.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok well see what your saying there, tried to go back in and have a look but now my whole main menu bar has disappeared so now I can't access the user settings. The menu was 'created' by not moving the mouse when I first went into it, no idea how to get it back.

Thanks anyways tho Petra

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Main Menu can be brought up by hitting the ESC key. User Settings is the third option from the top.

You can rebuild the Menu Bar in Pinco's UI by selecting that option under Pinco's UI Tab, Other Options, check Enable Hotbar Menu Maker.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Ez, when i checked Enable Hotbar Menu Maker was already selected so i unselected, logged out, restarted client, logged in 're selected it' applied, nothing, logged out and back in, didn't give me the option to remake it. Not sure what to do now.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try the latest version, something is changed with it :p

also here you can find the guides that explain how to do things...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well short of Pinco's suggestion of downloading the latest version and installing you can manually rebuild the Menu Bar.

Create a new hotbar, then hit ESC and select the Actions menu. Scroll left to Menu Actions.

From left to right the Menu Hotbar is;

Character
Skills
Quest Journal
Virtues
Guild
Chat
Map
Actions
Macros
User Settings
Main Menu
Backpack

Easy. Log out to save.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks got it working.

I don't suppose there is anyway to run with Pinko's without the old style graphic look backpacks, crates, chests, corpses and other containers with grids etc and just have a plain clean lined grid box as per the default is there?

I know they are not 'legacy' as the legacy stuff doesn't have the inbuilt grids and you can still switch from the grid to the 'real' legacy look. I seriously just prefer the grids without all the olde world packaging.

If not maybe a toggle at some point to just have all containers open as the default but with the Pinko functionality of loot all and sort etc.

But back to the original post, I see the backpack on the pet bar in Pinko's so that goes someway to opening a pet pack which is much less fiddly than all the clicking so that's great.

The real drag in the EC is finding a corpse in the middle of a pile of corpses, especially as the last killed always seems to be buried under the pile, and cntr shift bringing up the corpse bars is the biggest pain having to dble click to open then right click to remove each 'bar' once you see it isn't the one you want until you get to the bottom of the pile. The following macro 'used' to open about the ten closest corpses but since I returned to game the macro no longer works on my chars and I am not sure why or if there is something I can add/change to make it work.

<UserAction type="Macro" id="58" iconId="2046" name="LOOT" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="TargetNearestObject" id="0" iconId="787" targetType="Current" />
<UserAction type="UseTargetedObject" id="0" iconId="646" targetType="Current" />
<UserAction type="TargetNextObject" id="0" iconId="776" targetType="Current" />
<UserAction type="UseTargetedObject" id="0" iconId="646" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>

The other major major problem I am having with the EC is (in all UI's) that seems way worse than when I left is dragging stuff from container to bin, or another container, and you kind of 'slip' and then get the message 'you cannot pick that up' and the only way to correct it is to log out and log back in. It seems the item gets 'stuck' on your cursor in some way as if you try to recall after that message it says you can't recall while dragging something etc. While doing mass looting earlier today in a 1 1/2 hr session I must of logged in and out to correct this at least 9 times.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

MissE

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uncheck 'enable grid legacy containers' and you'll get just a square, with or without a grid.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks got it working.

I don't suppose there is anyway to run with Pinko's without the old style graphic look backpacks, crates, chests, corpses and other containers with grids etc and just have a plain clean lined grid box as per the default is there?

I know they are not 'legacy' as the legacy stuff doesn't have the inbuilt grids and you can still switch from the grid to the 'real' legacy look. I seriously just prefer the grids without all the olde world packaging.

If not maybe a toggle at some point to just have all containers open as the default but with the Pinko functionality of loot all and sort etc.

But back to the original post, I see the backpack on the pet bar in Pinko's so that goes someway to opening a pet pack which is much less fiddly than all the clicking so that's great.

The real drag in the EC is finding a corpse in the middle of a pile of corpses, especially as the last killed always seems to be buried under the pile, and cntr shift bringing up the corpse bars is the biggest pain having to dble click to open then right click to remove each 'bar' once you see it isn't the one you want until you get to the bottom of the pile. The following macro 'used' to open about the ten closest corpses but since I returned to game the macro no longer works on my chars and I am not sure why or if there is something I can add/change to make it work.

<UserAction type="Macro" id="58" iconId="2046" name="LOOT" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
<UserAction type="TargetNearestObject" id="0" iconId="787" targetType="Current" />
</UserAction>

The other major major problem I am having with the EC is (in all UI's) that seems way worse than when I left is dragging stuff from container to bin, or another container, and you kind of 'slip' and then get the message 'you cannot pick that up' and the only way to correct it is to log out and log back in. It seems the item gets 'stuck' on your cursor in some way as if you try to recall after that message it says you can't recall while dragging something etc. While doing mass looting earlier today in a 1 1/2 hr session I must of logged in and out to correct this at least 9 times.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

MissE
In my UI there is an action to solve the "can't pick up problem": "Drop what are you currently holding".

If you read the guides you will find much more useful thing, just use the search button :D

About the corpses: if you open it with the object handle (CTRL + SHIFT) the ones that you open will not be shown anymore so you don't need any insane macro...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks all again. Now i have my simple grids, am a truly happy camper. And now there is a way to stop me getting caught in that pick up and log glitch I am an ecstatic camper. Have bookmarked the guides, although pretty daunting to wade through all that upon a two yr return.

Cheers