• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Intelligence

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, since i already tested the effects of pet Intelligence on their spell damage (which is very minor), i decided to test whether or not pet Intelligence affects the rate at which they recover Mana, to see if pumping INT on a pet was even worth the Training Points, or if it was a total waste.
I tested this with a White Wyrm and a Serpentine Dragon on TC. Both had 1,500 max Mana/30 MR/120 Med/120 Focus. The only difference, is that the White Wyrm had 417 INT, while the Serpentine Dragon had 1,005 INT, a 588 INT difference. I had both of them simultaneously mana dump on something, until they were both under 50 Mana, then i told them to follow me, and observed their Mana levels. By the time the Serpentine Dragon reached 100% Mana (1,500), the White Wyrm was at 70% (1,121, so technically 74%). It appears INT does have some effect on mana regeneration for pets. Although, that was for a pretty massive INT difference (588).

Once again, this just solidifies Serpentine Dragons as the superior option if you want a Magic heavy pet. Especially for Magery Mastery, the huge INT (1,000-1,040) of Serpentine Dragons makes their Mind Blast (which scales off of INT and Magery) deal a large amount of damage (110+ damage to a mob with 57 Cold Resist). The only time i've ever seen a creature cast Mind Blast, is with the new Magery Mastery.

Last edited: