• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet has had too many owners...still happen?

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that still happen sometimes, where a pet has had too many owners and can no longer be transferred?

I can remember this from years ago... is there a way, like transferring to a new shard, that somehow resets this?

Thank you in advance for any ideas/help/feedback!

Jo/Daan

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't remember this ever happening while transferring a pet... I know it still happens when you try to tame a wild pet that has been tamed a few times before though.

(I don't play tamers often at all though...) =X

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that still happen sometimes, where a pet has had too many owners and can no longer be transferred?

I can remember this from years ago... is there a way, like transferring to a new shard, that somehow resets this?

Thank you in advance for any ideas/help/feedback!

Jo/Daan
Try maxing out taming skill on the character that is going to receive the pet and see if that helps with the transfer.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not 100% sure on this, but AFAIK transferring the pet never increased the owner count.
Only releasing and retaming did.
Please correct me, should I be wrong.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, this used to be a thing. Not sure if it still is though. The more owners a pet previously had, the harder it was to control, disobeying commands more often. Eventually, it'd reach the point where a pet wouldn't even accept a new owner.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
[xtable=skin1|border:1|cellpadding:1|cellspacing:0|bcenter]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top}This animal has had too many owners and is too upset for you to tame{/td}
{td=middle}The taming difficulty of a previously tamed pet is too high for you to attempt taming or it has already had 5 owners and can not be tamed again.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Also: Pets - Old Stratics