• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Gone!

ladybjack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has this happened to anyone else? Last night my husband stabled his greater dragon, took out another one and played awhile then stabled that dragon. This evening he went to get the first dragon and its gone! Contacted UO and they sent him to the knowledge base that says basically so sorry but no explanation. How could this happen? He spent a great deal of time training this dragon to only have it disappear from the stables.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this happen to me as well, with a golem. Basically, what happens is that there is not enough loose gold in the bank to pay the stable fees (checks may not work). Or, the server reverted to pre-stable (close to downtime or crash, does not matter). Pets are sometimes deleted if this happens -- it happened to me several times with Golems.

I suspect this is because the stable database and the player character database are backed up at slightly different times, so there is a window where the character will be saved without the pet (after stabling it) but the pet is not in the stable save either because it already happened....

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had this happen to me as well, with a golem. Basically, what happens is that there is not enough loose gold in the bank to pay the stable fees (checks may not work). Or, the server reverted to pre-stable (close to downtime or crash, does not matter). Pets are sometimes deleted if this happens -- it happened to me several times with Golems.

I suspect this is because the stable database and the player character database are backed up at slightly different times, so there is a window where the character will be saved without the pet (after stabling it) but the pet is not in the stable save either because it already happened....
Checks dont work has to be gold in the bank.If the pet was lost do to not having enough to pay the stable fee the dragon should be for sale on the NPC unless its been changed.

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are saying " claim list " to get your animals out of stable right?

Otherwise I don't know...

ladybjack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had something happen to an animal when it was with me and there was a crash but this time dragon 1 was stabled and dragon 2 pulled out so the first dragon should have been ok in stable. When Grey went to stable next day, and tried to pull dragon 1 it was not on the claim list. Pickaxe at least gives an idea of what could have happened rather than the usual "go to knowledge base and look it up"

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has this happened to anyone else? Last night my husband stabled his greater dragon, took out another one and played awhile then stabled that dragon. This evening he went to get the first dragon and its gone! Contacted UO and they sent him to the knowledge base that says basically so sorry but no explanation. How could this happen? He spent a great deal of time training this dragon to only have it disappear from the stables.

There is an old stable bug where people had lost stabled pets.I thought it was fixed but I guess not.also I have lost a golem like pickaxe pete did,but havent lost a stabled pet yet.

N

nushpapa

I lost a 6+ year old llama when i left its ghost in despise for 2 weeks :(... and it was a rare llama... name couldn't me remade anymore lol

"Ridable ******" if u try it says the name is rude or whatever lol so yes its a "rare" haaha.

B

BartofCats

it also happens if your husband in this case is wearing some taming jewelry and FORGETS TO PUT IT BACK ON when he goes back to the stable effectively loosing the spare stable slots he got with the jewels on. Goodbye last pet to enter stable.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it also happens if your husband in this case is wearing some taming jewelry and FORGETS TO PUT IT BACK ON when he goes back to the stable effectively loosing the spare stable slots he got with the jewels on. Goodbye last pet to enter stable.

I didn't know that.thanks for the info.I am glad I never take off my jewels and I have a spare set just incase I get hit with an insrance bug.

Does anyone know if the stable bug is still out there or is due to not ahving jewels on and losing the extra stable slot?