• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Going Wild When Going into Travesty

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight on LS me and a guildy went into travesty and her dragon went instantly wild. She retamed it fed it and stabled it and got her backup dragon. We had 2 keys left as the 10 min timer was not up yet and we went back in and her 2nd dragon went instantly wild she retamed it fed it put back in stable. This has never happened before in years. New bug possibly or something is definitely wrong because that should not happen. I don't know how many people have done travesty recently with the new publish and what not but this is apparently a new issue. Unsure if it is an issue with all peerless or specifically travesty. So tamers out there be cautious because something is definitely wonky here.

Lord Aphid/ The Albatross LS

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AThat's really weird. Are you sure they weren't at a low loyalty rating? I'll have to check it out for sure though, because something is odd about this. lmk when you're going to do another peerless & I'll bring my tamer.

But, regardless, a little tagging can't hurt: @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Never, never, never take a bard to Travesty. She will copy those skills and disco your tamer, removing his ability to control his pet.
+1, Never take any character with Bard skill into Travesty.

A tamer can go, only thing as Trav keeps changing form you need to tell the pet to re attack all the time

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never, never, never take a bard to Travesty. She will copy those skills and disco your tamer, removing his ability to control his pet.
This. She discoes you. Lowers your Taming Skill...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Tonight on LS me and a guildy went into travesty and her dragon went instantly wild. She retamed it fed it and stabled it and got her backup dragon. We had 2 keys left as the 10 min timer was not up yet and we went back in and her 2nd dragon went instantly wild she retamed it fed it put back in stable. This has never happened before in years. New bug possibly or something is definitely wrong because that should not happen. I don't know how many people have done travesty recently with the new publish and what not but this is apparently a new issue. Unsure if it is an issue with all peerless or specifically travesty. So tamers out there be cautious because something is definitely wonky here.

Was the Tamer in question above a discord bard, were there any discord bards there? If so maybe that is why this happen, if not then there may be problems at the Travesty.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is a natural function of the game. As others havve noted, you can never bring bards with disco there.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a disco-tamer and have used her for Travesy many times... And have never lost a pet.

Getting discorded would not make the pet "instantly" go wild. It would be possible to lose the pet if you constantly try and command the pet while discorded, but even then it would take several attempts to command it before it would go wild. Travesty is hardly the only mob ingame that can discord a tamer...

Again, possibly what happened here, but not really born out by the OPs description of what happened.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither of us were on a bard and we hadn't even got to see travesty, they went wild as soon as we went in before we even walked up to the center where she spawns. So it was not a discord issue and the pets were both fed right before we went in. So that isn't the issue.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually contrary to what a lot of people are saying you can take a bard in there you just need to play it smart.
your bard only needs to be within 11 or so tiles so you can disco it and be on the other side of the wall and the disco stays on as long as it is on your screen.
it wont form into the bard as the walls are between you.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just ran into the same issue last week. My bonded Cu Sidhe had just been claimed from stable. It was Wonderfully happy but i fed it anyway like I always do. I was standing directly next to it. Hadn't given it any commands other than a single "follow me" directly after feeding it. Suddenly it simply went wild. I don't wear tame/lore skilled jewelry but I do wear tame/lore mark of trav (which was equipped). My skills "show real" are 105 tame/lore and 115/115 with mark equipped. I quite literally was doing nothing to encite it's going wild and had just removed it from stables, fed, "follow me" then lored it to make sure it was "Wonderfully Happy".
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a natural function of the game. As others havve noted, you can never bring bards with disco there.
There was no disco skilled character present. You've lost sight of the poster's original content.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Probably not the posters' experience since it appears that they hadn't even encountered Travesty yet, but years ago, we noticed that, even if a character without usable amounts of Discordance present, if anyone - even a fighter type - wore jewelry in that had a miniscule amount of Disco on it, suddenly Travesty would have enough disco to use it on party members.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
...and hey Bug Man. be sure to let drcossack know when you do your next Trav. Hes the smartest guy on LS and the whole game for that matter, dont believe me just go and ask him. Im certain he can fix any and all things wrong.:cool2:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and hey Bug Man. be sure to let drcossack know when you do your next Trav. Hes the smartest guy on LS and the whole game for that matter, dont believe me just go and ask him. Im certain he can fix any and all things wrong.:cool2:
...who are you again? And where did I say AT ALL that I'd be able to fix this? I wanted to see it in action so a bug report could be filed. But congratulations on contributing absolutely nothing to this thread except a) showing everyone what an ******* you are and b) unnecessary sarcasm.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Was'nt trying to be sarcastic, Im truly am a huge fan. Just listening to you in GC its seems you know everything there is to know, I was simply pointing Bug Man in the right direction. All Hail drcossack "The Most Interesting Man in the Game" :scholar:

Last edited:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did one Travesty yesterday, and one today, and our tamers did not encounter this problem. (Baja.)
So: fixed? Intermittent? Not on Baja?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did one Travesty yesterday, and one today, and our tamers did not encounter this problem. (Baja.)
So: fixed? Intermittent? Not on Baja?
Probably an error on their part. Most likely scenarios: Low loyalty at the start, Discord without realizing they had it, which is unlikely, afaik - I've fought mobs that disco'd me and they never turned my pet wild (although I will say I never issued commands when it did happen), missing skill, accidentally releasing it upon entering the boss area? Very few things in the game were ever able to release pets, and that's long since been removed.

This assumes, of course, that it wasn't fixed without our knowledge. It's possible that it was an issue exclusive to Travesty, but I did a Lady Mel recently and never had any issues. Same with Grizzle.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never experienced but curious.. Some mentioned even a small amount of the discord skill can cause issues... what about humans JOAT?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never experienced but curious.. Some mentioned even a small amount of the discord skill can cause issues... what about humans JOAT?
Haven't done Trav in a while, but it was never an issue for me in the past, even with several human characters during Trav runs. I suppose it's always a possibility though.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They borked something somewhere for sure..I've lost 2 Paroxy and a normal Swampie at the roof..$80,025,000 down the pooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
No well trust me I wasn't planning to lose another..it has something to do with dying and logging your pet down there.
And yet you did it, not only twice, but three times! :smile2: