• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet control chance changed?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just trained my first pet up in the new system (a White Wyrm) to a 5 slot and I am very happy with it. Only problem now is that it basically says 'NO!' and refuses commands a lot.

I've run with a GD for a long time with only 110 Taming/Lore and this has never been an issue, I believe it was a 99% chance to control a GD with those skills so rarely did it say 'NO!' to any commands.

Now, this is not a major issue, I've just simply swapped out jewellery to boost the skill and it seems to do the trick.

Question is, was this intended? I can't find anything documented about a change in pet control chance? Feels like it's refusing 1 in 3 commands with 110 Taming/Lore.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just trained my first pet up in the new system (a White Wyrm) to a 5 slot and I am very happy with it. Only problem now is that it basically says 'NO!' and refuses commands a lot.

I've run with a GD for a long time with only 110 Taming/Lore and this has never been an issue, I believe it was a 99% chance to control a GD with those skills so rarely did it say 'NO!' to any commands.

Now, this is not a major issue, I've just simply swapped out jewellery to boost the skill and it seems to do the trick.

Question is, was this intended? I can't find anything documented about a change in pet control chance? Feels like it's refusing 1 in 3 commands with 110 Taming/Lore.
I would say it's intended. A 5 slot requires more taming than a 4 (or 3) slot... thus control chances change.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would say it's intended. A 5 slot requires more taming than a 4 (or 3) slot... thus control chances change.
To compound this, my old GD is still good with 110 Taming/Lore as are the Shadow Wyrms and Frost Dragons which I've also tamed recently all of which are 5 slot pets. Why should the WW be so different?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To compound this, my old GD is still good with 110 Taming/Lore as are the Shadow Wyrms and Frost Dragons which I've also tamed recently all of which are 5 slot pets. Why should the WW be so different?
I'm not sure it was ever completely balanced. Dreadmare and firesteeds were always fewer control slots than greater dragons but harder to control.

All I can say is the taming requirements for pets that undergo "training" are different than those that don't. Other examples are blue beetles, fire beetles, vollums, etc.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure it was ever completely balanced. Dreadmare and firesteeds were always fewer control slots than greater dragons but harder to control.

All I can say is the taming requirements for pets that undergo "training" are different than those that don't. Other examples are blue beetles, fire beetles, vollums, etc.
Haha! Yeah, thats jogged my memory a bit. I seem to remember Fire Steeds being VERY uncooperative! Guess I've just been too used to using a GD for years and these chages are pretty damned awesome! Cheers.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Akiho is saying that the 5 slot WW is now more difficult to control than 5 slot GD. I would think that should not be the case.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Akiho is saying that the 5 slot WW is now more difficult to control than 5 slot GD. I would think that should not be the case.
I know my 5 slot rune beetle and Cu (108) have a higher taming requirement than my 5 slot greater dragon (105). The 108 is also the same as my 4 slot Dread that has not gone through the training.