• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet chiv not raising

Turbo

Adventurer
I saw someone talking about this somewhere on here but dont know what the result was. When training a pet with chiv its chiv skill doesnt rise above 40 even though you can clearly see it casting chiv spells. Is this a bug they still havent fixed or am i missing something.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put Chiv on one of my pets and it did get some gains. I only tested for a short period but it did get a gain. This was on TC1

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I lied. I just checked and the pet I put Spellweaving on got gains not the one I put chivalry on.

Turbo

Adventurer
After posting i did more testing. It does gain but really really slowly. Constant combat for about 30min and it gained .5. Surely this cant be right when its in low 40s. Tried fighting easy and hard stuff incase it is somehow target based and no difference. At this rate it will take forever to cap it unless there is a trick i dont know about. Any official comments on this from broadsword?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this elsewhere but got no answer: Did you watch your pet casting "remove curse" when mortalled? I couldnt see this on TC...

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This issue has been addressed.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you notice that the skill-trained pet (Chivalry etc.) is using the skill? Is there a message, something colored above the pets head *curious*?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If u are familiar with chiv (eg because u have your own warrior) u hear the characteristic sounds and see some of the animations (though not all I think).

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to check what pet can do with 100+ chiv, but it takes ages to gain after 60+. Can we have some kind of gates to bump all training skills on pets to caps? @Bleak

Turbo

Adventurer
Good to hear the slow gains are being looked into. I agree with the pet skill gates, it seriously limits any balance testing with max skills on pets as it isnt worth the huge time cost to raise them just to do it all over again for real when it goes live.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chiv does indeed gain, but it gains slow as hell (even at low skill level), even when Discording your pet. Why i haven't been able to test Chiv's damage scaling on pets.
@Bleak Since a pet assumes the Karma level of it's master, does that mean that a pet would be able to more effectively use Chivalry, if his master has the cap of 32,000 Karma?