• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet bonding.

SDA1A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, can anyone tell me if pet bonding is now skill based (show real(. I have had 6 pets in stables now for almost 11 days and will not bond. 93 show real tame with jewels to 120 for now.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's not real skill. You can bond with jewels. People do it all the time with Greaters.

If you tame something and stable on Saturday, Sunday doesn't count for the Seven days. Monday is day 1, Tuesday is day 2, Wednesday is day 3, Thursday is day 4, Friday is 6, Saturday is 7, Sunday it should bond. Every now and then servers don't count the rollover of days for plants and bonding. I'm not sure what causes it. Depending on your server and the expansion maybe you've gotten unlucky?

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a dumb question. But are you feeding them? They will bond after 7 days(once you feed them) when you take them out of the stable.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put my turtle in last sunday and thought it would be bonded but it wasn't. Will taking it out before its bonded make it take more time. I only took it out about 10 seconds.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put my turtle in last sunday and thought it would be bonded but it wasn't. Will taking it out before its bonded make it take more time. I only took it out about 10 seconds.
I've done this a few times. Taken it out, fed it and it's not bonded. I just stick it straight back in the stables and try again the next day.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried it again just a few min ago and it bonded so taking it out doesn't mess anything up.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The whole stable thing isn't needed at all... You can play with it seven days and keep it wonderfully happy and it'll still bond. People just stick it in the stable to be safe and make sure it doesn't fall below Wonderfully Happy. I've also bonded pets without pre-feeding it before stabling but get a lot of flak from people that still think it's necessary. Sticking it in the stable automatically makes it wonderfully happy.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole stable thing isn't needed at all... You can play with it seven days and keep it wonderfully happy and it'll still bond. People just stick it in the stable to be safe and make sure it doesn't fall below Wonderfully Happy. I've also bonded pets without pre-feeding it before stabling but get a lot of flak from people that still think it's necessary. Sticking it in the stable automatically makes it wonderfully happy.
I have some Dread Mares that I have never done anything with in my stable. Are you saying, if I pull them out of the stable and feed them, they will bond?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the best of my knowledge you must feed them to start the bonding process, even on test center with a bonding gate they won't bond if you didn't feed before taking them through the gate and then again after it.
People stable them so they don't die before you can get them safely bonded.

If you need jewels to meet the taming requirement you must be wearing them both at the first feeding and at the feeding to bond.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Speaking of feeding, how do you feed a pack beetle? Everything I try to feed it just ends up in its backpack.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
>>>What are you feeding him?

I tried raw and cooked meat. I also tried apples in case he was a vegetarian.