• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Balls... Worth Keeping?

• Thread starter Draco Conlaoch
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Draco Conlaoch

I've recently returned after a bit of a hiatus and thought I'd set my vendors back up. Noticed the same pet-balls there for three weeks now. Does anybody still use them? Or should I throw them out?

M

mutau

I still use them. i use them on my tamer when she's hunting in dungeons and on my mules if the packie or beetle is too far or wandered. I think its safer to just use the ball to get the pet rather than log in/out. Sometimes, i have issues logging back in.
I noticed not too many offer pet summoning balls on their vendors so when i find them, i stock up for my other chars or for future pets. Starting to think it might also be a good thing to start offering the petball that's linked to the pet when selling a trained pet.

G

I use pet balls all the time. They do not sell well because they don't get enough use to wear out as fast as the bags of sending did before the big nerf. I do buy them when I find them cheap as they are a pita to farm for.

G

I have stashed in the bank box a pet ball for each of my tamers pets and for the toons that have a pet that are not tamers... but I have not used them for months

If and when there comes a time where as I can not get close enough to a pet to get its attention or if in ghost form it has done the speed off in some random direction its much simpler to just log out and back in to get it by the toons side or in the stable to retrieve..... less costly also...

Think using them in PvP is lame also....

I

imported_Evilminion

<blockquote><hr>

Pet Balls... Worth Keeping?

[/ QUOTE ]
ABSOLUTELY NOT. Not only does an unneutered pet contribute greatly to the vast overpopulation problem, but he'll also be prone to spray and inclined to wander instead of staying with you. Now, some people will tell you that a neutered pet tends to gain weight or become listless, but as long as you ensure that he gets enough exercise, this will not be a problem.

Do the right thing: neuter your cu sidhe or predatory hellcat today!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

But seriously. In pvm pet balls are not that essential, but for pvp they are still an absolute must. The problem for vendors though is that there aren't that many pvp tamers. However, if you are on Cats, I'll take all you can provide me with, assuming the price isn't ridiculous. ICQ 11893766

G

LMAO!

I haven't used my pet summoning (
) balls for ages. Since the change to pet logging it's faster and easier to log out and in to transport your pets to your side. Plus you don't have to worry about insuring the ball or the pet balls that eat your pet

I

imported_Evilminion

"Pet balls that eat your pet"...???
I hadn't heard about that; egads. Is it just random, or does it happen when you do something in particular?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've never had it happen, and I use pet balls all the time.

I

imported_Sarphus

I haven't heard of pet balls eating your pet either, but I never would have thought I'd lose my pet to boat destruction in the magincia invasion (gj QA *rolls eyes*)

D

Draco Conlaoch

Still working characters on Cats but if you were on Napa Valley ... LOL

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Friend,

I find the pet-summoning crystals to be of enormous value to my characters. Too many pets become smitten with wandering syndrome, and the summoner quickly returns them to my side. Also, if spawn becomes over crowded around my char and the pet, and we must flee to heal up, the summoner again has many times been a lifesaver to both me and my pet(s).

Lastly &amp; most recently, my Miner learned a very hard lesson. One of those nasty Blackrock Elementals spawned upon my Miner, killed him, then killed my giant beetle, causing its entire cargo (some irreplaceable) to be lost to decay. My Miner(s) now all use the summoners allowing my U-Haul to remain in safety.

Anyway, those are my thots. If you are on Baja, I'll either buy yours or better still, throw them at me...I will catch em and make great use of em (hehe).

J

JoyousGard

I had a situation recently and I wish I had a pet ball for my loaded beetle...

It disappeared! I don't know where it went and logging in and out did not help. It was loaded with gold.

The pet was gone and was not listed anywhere as a follower and was not in spare stable slot.

So I thought... suicide!! I took off all my clothes and went to Despise Lizardmen and they had their way with me. I logged in and out as a ghost and it said "You're pet is unable..."

So I thought great. I get rezzed, get dressed, log out and in... NO PET!! Not listed anywheer as a follower and was not in spare stable slot.

So then? Another suicide!! Get undressed and go see Lizardmen, log in and out as ghost, same "You're pet is unable..." but I had been here before.

Get rezzed, log in and out... NO PET!! So then I returned to where I thought I lost it (near my house) and started running around like a madman yelling "All follow me" and it came running up with gold and all the works.

All this, I feel, could have been avoided with a pet ball. One of these days I will pet ball all my pack pets... but it is boring work, so I won't do it.